Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for fill doctor in North Yorkshire - Leeds or area

Hi

Does anyone know of a fill doctor in the North Yorkshire area. Leeds would be good but anywhere around that area.

I was banded 18 months ago in Manchester and to be honest don't feel I have ever got to my 'sweet spot'.

I don't want to say too much but the surgeon did a couple of fills for me and it felt great with good restriction. Weight loss was good. Then I had a nurse do the next couple for me [think I only had 4 in total] she told me after the third that my band was full and I couldn't have another fill but I was so disappointed she did put a tiny bit more in.

I don't feel like I have much restriction at all now and can practically eat anything I want as long as I take it slowly. In fact can eat a huge plate full if I wanted to [but I always stick to a side plate]

I occasionally feel like something is stuck and on a recent trip to the USA found that strangely everytime I tried to eat I ended up PBing. Thinking back I guess that was a mixture of me forgetting I had the band and tasting the wonderful food there and perhaps not chewing enough. But once I had PB'd I could usually then eat whatever I wanted.

I am a little disappointed - I have been stuck at the same weight for almost a year but over the last week I seem to be gaining almost a pound a day and have put 5 lbs back. I am now terrified that my weight is now going to creep back so would like to find a local doctor to discuss with.

I don't really want to go back to Manchester as I wasn't all that happy with their 'aftercare' to be honest. And what with spiralling fuel costs and the horrendous traffic jams would prefer to find somewhere a bit closer.

Edit - Actually just seen my signature and didn't realise that I had actually got to 150lbs. So I am now looking at a 10lb gain - worried.

hi,

The Hospital Group do fills in Leeds, they are £125.

I had my consultation with them on Saturday and they said they are opening a new clinic and thats where I will end up going for mine (unless I can find one in Sheffiled, or cheaper)

Also WLS Group do them in Leeds, theres are £125 for your first fill and then £85 after, or you can have a 12mth aftercare only package for £699 with unlimited fills.

I do have the number for the HPG if you need it

Kerri

Thank you - yes the number would be great although I can probably find it online.

I have already had four fills as you will have read and was told I couldn't have any more in it. I am wondering now if it is possible for the fill to evaporate as I don't feel like I have much restriction any more and my weight is increasing. I haven't even got to my goal!!

what size is your band??....Ive read they range from 4cc to 14cc, the surgeon said mine will be a 10cc one as I have got 7 stone to lose to get to my ideal weight for height

The number is 0113 2471400

Not sure without checking - but think it is 10cc - and last time I went the nurse said it is full you can't have any further fills - that was last July so I've not even been since.

Still have about 2st to lose

I'm sure it won't.

In a way my fault really as I just gave up when she told me I couldn't have any further fills. Manchester is a couple of hours journey [on a good day!!] for us so didn't see the point in travelling all that way if I couldn't have another fill. So really have just maintained.

Lucky really as I have to admit that I do eat the wrong things because they are easier to get down. And I make wedding cakes and Belgian chocolate cakes so you can imagine!!!!!!!!!!

But now that I see the scales going in the wrong direction I am a little worried. I am going to make a really big effort before I find somewhere for a fill.

Again I admit that I don't really 'listen' to my band - I get that full feeling and just wait for it to pass and then start eating again - I am going to try throwing away what is left on my plate when I get that feeling and no more treats until I get my weight moving in the right direction again. Also love Protein Shakes so going to have lots of those. Make my own with soya milk, banana, other berries and a scoop of Protein Powder from Holland and Barret.

I know. Only I can do it - but it has really helped coming on here and 'chatting' - makes me really want to be able to come back on and say my weight is moving.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches