Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here!.. hi!.. have second consult on Tuesday.

hey everyone.

I am so happy I found this site today. I have been researching the 'band' for some time now and have found a wonderful hospital to have it done.

I have had my blood tests etc done.. I have a second consult on Tuesday.. hopefully to arrange a date.. Personally I would be in on Friday!..

Anyway, am feeling really good about being in control again and taking 'care' of my band!!.. I am not telling any friends and family (aside from my Parents bless them).. so when I go home from Christmas there SHOULD be a little less of me! .. how exciting!..

I decided that this year is MY year. I have dental braces... and soon my band.. I am so excited to finally meet myself again and find out what I am really like as a regular person again!..

I hope to make new friends on here.. and hope I can give support too. I know it is going to be a tough road.. but I am ready for it!!..

:)

Good for you kizzie! It sounds like you are entering this with the right frame of mind, and that is going to help you be successful! Good luck to you as you go down this exciting journey! It certainly has been a good move for me. I too have told very few people. More and more people are beginning to notice that I've lost weight, and when they ask me what I'm doing, I simply say, "I'm working really hard on eating right and exercising." And that's all true...my band is just a tool that helps me along the way.

:)

Thank you Aunt Lucy!..

I am optimistic.. but also quite nervous.. I am not sure how I will react when I wake up..and how irritable I will be if i have pain. I guess we all react differently, so reading all the different experiences helps me a lot.

How long was your pre-op diet?. I haven't been given an op date yet.. but as I am going private I can pretty much say when I want to go in.. so I would like to know roughly how long they put you on the diet prior to surgery..

I have my next appointment on Tuesday and I hope to make a date then.

Did you really feel FULL after a few teaspoons of liquid?..

Well.. I am 5kg lighter than I was at Christmas but I never seem to get down past 108kg (about 240 pounds).. I am currently 110kg.. (242).. so I am looking forward to getting down to the low hundreds!.

ok I am waffling now!! ha.. a habit of mine

thank you again for replying!. I have a feeling I will be a daily regular to this site!!..

oh and I love your explanation for weight loss!!..

It is no-ones business!.. "I am eating less and exercising more'.. mmm I like that!!

Kizzie, my surgeon didn't put me on a pre-op diet of any kind. I know it's unusual on this site, but they are all different. After the surgery I did feel full with just very little liquid. But, over time, I started wanting a little more. It was easier than I thought it would be getting through that liquid diet, but there were days when I felt very hungry (if I'm being completely honest). I just kept telling myself that it would be worth it in the long run. And, so far, it has been!

And, when I tell people that I'm eating less and exercising more, it's all true! We each have to find the way that works best! Let us know when you get your surgery date! Doesn't it feel good to do something wonderful for yourself!:)

Aunt Lucy.. it really does feel wonderful.. if you knew the kind of life I lead surrounded by size 0's.. constantly being told.. "you would be so beautiful if you would only lose weight ".. and "all you need to do is keep your lips closed'... some horrible comments.. OR the opposite.. just overly sympathetic.. almost as if I am terminally ill!!... anyway...

I got braces this year.. for me.. I got new contact lenses.. for me.. and I thought.. NO MORE DIETS.. time to take control and do this thing.. no more denying it.. I need a life altering tool to bring me back to my former self.. I am having to pay for it all myself as I can't get any insurance company to cover it.. but it will be worth every cent.

I have my appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday. I am hoping to make a date. They haven't mentioned a diet at all .. so it may be that it isn't necessary. I am in Europe having it done..near to where I work. So I hope to go in on a Friday and be back working on the Monday.. I live where I work so they are giving me time to adjust over the weekend...

I just want to get it done now.. really hate the thought of waiting any more..

Oh have spent this evening looking at clothing stores.. I want to surprise my parents in NZ when I go at Christmas.. mmm I wonder what size I will be by then!!??..

anyway.. thank you so much for your support!.. I really appreciate it.. I am hoping for good things and it is so great to know I am not alone!..

kind regards to you and thanks

Kizze

I know what you mean kizzie! I am really reclaiming my life, and my band is just one of my tools helping me. I've been doing pilates and gyrotonics for the last 2 years, and it's really hard for me to get there after work since the studio hours are not good with my schedule. I just bought my own studio-quality pilates equipment. It was definitely a dream come true, and I know it will help me reach my goals. :)

Good luck with your surgery plans. You might want to talk with the doctor about whether or not you will be able to return to work on Monday after a Friday surgery. I don't think I could have done it, but we are all different. I took a full week off, and I actually needed it.