Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb?07 Bandsters: June Exercise Challenge

It's fitness challenge time, again... Any objections to the old standby?

Choose-Your-Own-Challenge:

Pick a target level for how often & how long you plan to workout,

come to motivate & be motivated, and post your progress here

-- whether you're victorious or not-quite-so-successful!!

Feb’07 Bandsters: June '08 Exercise Challenge

Beginner ~ 20 minutes a day

Moderate ~ 30 minutes a day

Intermediate ~ 45 minutes a day

Advanced ~ 60 minutes a day

Vigorous ~ 60+ minutes a day

Level 1 ~ 3 days a week

Level 2 ~ 4 days a week

Level 3 ~ 5 days a week

Level 4 ~ 6 days a week

Level 5 ~ 7 days a week

Edited by Zannie

I'm off to a good start with June, so far! At least I've met my goal for THIS week. :incazzato: We'll have to see how the month progresses! How's it coming, skinnyjeans?

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters:

June '08 Challenge ~ Moderate Level 1

3 of 15 workouts (30 min, 3 days a week)

Skinnyjeans? Tracy even? Am I alone here?

Serves me right if so!! I have NOT been consistent with sticking to a fitness regimen for the last several months. I know, however, that consistency is KEY for me. So -- even if I'm all by my lil' lonesome -- I still intend to post here for that sense of accountability!

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters:

4 of 15 workouts (30 min, 3 days a week)

Here I am. Great job for the week..

My son lost my fitness club id so I haven't been this week. My son had sugery today. All went well but home taking care of him.. Guess I should do taebo tonight. I haven't been very motivated lately so I definitely need some encouragement.

I will do better the remainder of the week. Only have a month before the cruise to drop 5 lbs.

SJ, I hope your son is doing well after his surgery... And that the same can be said for you! :smile2: What's this about a cruise?!? And can you pack me in among your suitcases? Oh, wait -- they're charging per bag nowadays, so I guess THAT is out! But at least the fear of needing a seat belt extender is a thing of the past! :sad: I know you can hit that 5# goal prior to your sailing...and what a terrific reward for doing so! :crying:

I've been pretty unmotivated myself...but enough is enough already! I want these changes & it's up to me to make them! I think the problem is that I'm feeling so great, physically. Leaps & bounds better than I've felt in many a year. So the drive to start feeling better is gone...even though I've still got a long way to go before my health is not at risk due to my weight. And the notion that -one day- I might "squat & recover" without fear of my knees going out from under me in the process is almost too scary to consider! But, oh, what a day that'd be -- if I can just get myself there! :) And that damn treadmill is the ticket, so...

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters:

5 of 15 workouts (30 min, 3 days a week)

I know what you mean. I'm feeling great too and this week found myself slipping into old habits. The scale moved the wrong direction this week, but can only blame myself for eating wrong.

I did manage to get in only 1 workout but its something. I've been snacking alot lately.

WE can do it. I am committed to getting on track this week with my 3 workouts. No excuses. Please keep me accountable.

Hi Girls ,

Sorry I pop in and out of here so sporadically. My kids just keep me really busy. I've been trying to get in at least a 2 mile walk each day. We usually walk in our city park or around the high school track after my daughter gets done w/ Drivers Ed. This week I'm in charge of the 3 year olds our church's vbs so they are keeping me on my toes. It sure is a lot different from the jr. high kids I teach at school. I forgot how much energy the little ones have, since my girls are 13, 15 & 18.

I got to do a photo shoot for my Dr.'s website last week. That was fun ! :thumbup: i need to update my phot here too since it was from last summer. It's so weird to get attention for "looks" now. I've never had that before since I've always been the "big" girl.:tongue: I don't know if I should be happy for the attention or pissed off !:lol:

Yea Andrea,

Can't wait to see your updated pics. That is exciting to get to be on his website. It's so fun at VBS with the little ones. You have done really good with your weight loss. Congrats.

I did 1 hour of Taebo today.

I've been at a standstill for so long... And the scale is finally moving again! I've suddenly lost 4 pounds! WAHOO! I'm down 113 pounds now -- hot diggity! :smile: I know the physical activity is what's making the difference, because I've been eating crap! :redface:

I'm not at home this week, so my posts are bound to be sporadic at best. Keep up the good work, SJ! And I can't wait to get a look at the new you, Andrea!

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters:

9 of 15 workouts (30 min, 3 days a week)

What a fun day today was! My 5-year-old has been scared stiff of Water for as long as I can recall, with no "event" that triggered his reaction. Not good for a kid who spends a great deal of his time at Grammy & Papa's house -- with an in-ground pool!

But, but, but!

We've been house-sitting for my parents for several days now & TODAY he finally went into the water without having a total melt-down! (Well, there WAS one, but later on while everyone else was still in the water, he walked right down the steps & across the pool to get the boat that had floated out of his reach. And just never went back to his perch on the 2nd step!) It was friggin' amazing! :ohmy:

AND -- here's the relevant part -- he was eventually comfortable enough that I could swim laps (right in the shallow end with him) while he played (he's tall enough to stand well above the water)! So I got in my workout & my son actually had a fantastic time in the pool!!!

Apart from my having to parade around all "saggy baggy" in a swimsuit, this has the makings of a great summer!!!! :crying:

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters:

10 of 15 workouts (30 min, 3 days a week)

Hi all !I've been getting in my 2 mile walks. Yesterday tho' we walked 4+ country miles. What my husband calls the "little square" !

Little my *** !:lol: It was really much easier than I thought it would be , and now my girls want to do it more often. Just depends on how warm out it is. Today is gonna be around 94 outside.

Yeah Zannie , gettin that little guy in the Water on his own ! WOOHOO ! Just wait , there are gonna be a lot of milestones headin' your way w/ your kids. Be sure to enjoy each of them !:tongue2:Boy do I know what you mean about saggy, baggy. But at least we're a healthier saggy , baggy right ?!? Good thing we don't all run around naked , or I would be cracking everyone up ! Thanks god for clothes !:tt1:

Skinny - Where are you going on your cruise ? That's something we've always wanted to do , but just haven't yet. Maybe in the next few years .

Contgrats Chris - That's awesome !:tt1:

Couting the days down for the cruise. 10 more I did Taebo today.

I need to get buy some more shorts. I only have a few pairs that fit right. Been wearing baggy ones around the house. 4 mi walk is great!

Great job Chrs on bikeride