Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Dr De Bruyne Patients - Uk - Belgium - Eruope

Thanks Julia for all your help so far. Hope you are starting to feel a bit better, are you on fluids only? If so what are you having?

I emailed frederick as you suggested re the packages they are offering - the one at 4000 looks really good, so think I will possibly go with that one, I am aiming for 12th September - but just wish I had the money now as I would get it done next week. Keep me posted as to how you are doing, you will be dead slim by the time I get round to getting mine done. xx

Hey Juliatabor !

Just got back online and realized you are a BANSTER WHOO HOO!!

So How's it going post op for you - You must still be on the mushies hey..

Sending huge hugs for you xxxx Tanya :)

Hi Julia,

So glad to hear that things are going good for you. I was really lucky, I didn´t have much pain at all. I had waves of nausea and the only pain was when I moved or forgot that I couldn´t bend to pick things up. It was bearable pain for me. I know everyone experiences things differently.

I can only echo what you have suggested to Jiggy, do not do this alone. Seriously, I also was going to go solo and then my husbad insisted on coming with me. I am so glad he did. This has brought us so much closer. He asked questions to satisfy his own mind that I was going to be okay. He carried bags, shopped for Water and liquid foods for me. He washed my hair because I was too scared to lift my arms up to do it myself in the shower in case I tore a stitch or something. He is my pillar of strength.

Also the package deal that they are offering includes the hotel stay for your partner, so the extra cost would be your SO´s food and flights.

The most annoying thing to me was having to wear those damn thrombosis socks! Most painful for me was when Fatima the nurse pulled the drain out of me, I never realised what she was doing, that got me ohhhhing and ahhhing.

I went back to work yesterday until 15:00 and was so tired. Today my stomach muscles feel like I have done 100 push ups, so I stayed at home. I will see how I feel in the morning if I go back tomorrow or not. I have come out the closet and told people about it. I LOVE the support I am receiving.

I am down almost 6 kgs!!! I know this is the honeymoon phase, but I love it!!

Now i just have to get off my butt and start doing some serious walking.

Keep in touch Julia....hugs!!!!

Thanks Julia for all your help so far. Hope you are starting to feel a bit better, are you on fluids only? If so what are you having?

I emailed frederick as you suggested re the packages they are offering - the one at 4000 looks really good, so think I will possibly go with that one, I am aiming for 12th September - but just wish I had the money now as I would get it done next week. Keep me posted as to how you are doing, you will be dead slim by the time I get round to getting mine done. xx

Hi Jiggy

glad you emailed frederik and things are moving on and its great you've got a date, you know the 12th Sept will soon be here.

Yes iam on fluids and it's really ok, I'm quite enjoying it. You dont really get hungry and also becoz Ive had pain actually in my stomach from the op I ve not wanted to put anything in my mouth becoz Ive been too afraid of it hurting even more. so quite honestly for the moment food has lost a lot of its appeal !! Thats pretty amazing for me as a compulsive over eater !

I'm day 6 post op and today is the 1st day I've felt human, it's so nice! they tell you to drink 2.5 litres of Water a day so I;m trying hard to do that. i'm sipping constantly all day out of a water bottle. You cant take big gulps, only little sips spaced apart becoz it's important not to stretch your new litle pouch and its all very tender in there.they say after having 100 ml wait 15 mins before having more coz you're just too full up.

What else? I got a juicer and am juicing fresh apples and carrots, and am having acouple of teacups a day.. muller light yogs, slimfast drinks, Soup (no bits), liquidizied porridge, smoothies and once a day I have a tot of pure aloe vera juice, its supposed to be very good for healing the body on the inside. today for Breakfast I'm going to try very liquid weetabix but I'm too full up after my 100ml apple juice Lol!!!

keep asking loads of questions, the more you are prepared the better.

lots of love

Julia x

Hey Juliatabor !

Just got back online and realized you are a BANSTER WHOO HOO!!

So How's it going post op for you - You must still be on the mushies hey..

Sending huge hugs for you xxxx Tanya :redface:

Hi Tanya

So lovely to get your message! how are you?

I'm 6days post op and on liquids still and its ok. Boy what a week it's been! I'm pleased that now I can just get on with it though I am still haunted by the trauma of those 1st 12 hrs after the op, its still too fresh in my mind.

I cant remember when you were banded and where you are on your journey? Can you remember what it was like a week post op ? Id appreciate any advice you could give me for this stage.

Talk to you soon ok

lots of love

julia

ps WOO HOOOO !!! lol

Hi mrs J J

its so good to hear how you're getting on, i find it fascinating comparing notes ! what are you now...10 days post op? still on liquids? you must be looking forward to having mushies, I know I am !

Ive been feeling quite horrible the last few days, dizzy , lightheaded, really hungover and all I've wanted to do was lie down. I thought it might ve been due to such a low calorie intake and dehydration so yesterday I upped my Water and forced more nutrition down even though I didnt really want it and today I feel normal! I'm finding it hard to get enough down me being full up all the time. I never thought I'd have that problem lol!!

are your stiches out? mine are tugging like mad, cant wait to have them taken out next week, although after the pain of the op I will never moan about minor irritations again!

Im not surprised you were exhausted working till 3pm, I was knackered walking 5 mins up the road with the dog.

I cant believe Dr Chris said do 2 30 min walks a day. surely he didnt mean straight away?! I'd be ringing for the paramedics! I will try a little one later.

Keep in touch ok

hope you have a good day

lots of love

Julia

x

I am so ready for the mushies, I went to the shops today to pick up veggies that I can boil and mash this week-end. ROLL ON SATURDAY!!

My stitches come out tomorrow. I seem to have healed up really nicely.

Went back to work today and I was okay. Got a bit tired again late this afternoon but not as bad as Monday was.

We´re all slowly on the mend and soon we´ll be able to really start working hard at this new life style we have choosen.

I went walking yesterday, nothing too strenguous, but it was about a 3 hour stop, walk, smell the roses, have my hair cut, walk some more etc etc.

Take care all.

Enjoy your mushies! lucky you. i could murder a scrambled egg!

Ive been meaning to ask you, how do you add the bit under your posts that says 'banded on the blah blah by Dr de Bruyne and your starrting weight' ? I think its helpful for other people to see and I'd like to add it to mine, but I cant work it out!

thanks!

good luck with the stitches by the way. i hope that nasty little blue port one's ok.

love Julia

xx

I´ve seriously been so lucky, I don´t have any bruising what so ever. All my war wounds have scabs around them so that tells me I have healed really well.

To add the details of your operation etc, click on USER CP, then edit signature and you can add it in the box that pops up.

I find I am addicted to this board!! Help!! I´ve changed one addiction for another.....lol !!

I´ve seriously been so lucky, I don´t have any bruising what so ever. All my war wounds have scabs around them so that tells me I have healed really well.

To add the details of your operation etc, click on USER CP, then edit signature and you can add it in the box that pops up.

I find I am addicted to this board!! Help!! I´ve changed one addiction for another.....lol !!

Thank you very much, I have just updated my details, great!

xx

Hi Julia

How are you feeling now? Are you on the mushies now?

Only another 29 days before I am being banded and counting......

Take care

EnglishRose