Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! WTH! OUCH-sorry long

I hope everyone is doing well, sorry I have been away for quite sometime but i have a reason...

Last Monday I had my first real stuck exerience. I thought I had been stuck before but apparently that was not it.

I was in so much pain that I was awake all night, I went to work praying that I would be able to just make it through the morning. I called Dr Jacob and left a message with all my symptoms. When he finally called my back he said to meet him at the office at 3pm for an unfill. I did as I was told but still no relief so he sent me for a complete UPPER GI series. By the time I made it to the GI place I was exhausted, dizzy, nauseated, and faint. I cried the entire procedure:crying:. I waited for the results and was sent back to my doctors office still sick as hell:sad_smile:!

Dr thought i was severelly irritated and put me on full liquids and advised to come to the ER tomorrow if still in pain. Needless to say I did not sleep again:sleep:. I spent my night taking baths, drinking tea, a walking around my apt. I did anything I could think of to help soothe this pain and nothing worked:thumbdown:. In the morning, I showered, called the dr, my grandma, sent my son to school, and sent myself to the ER! While I was calling a taxi to take me my aunt called and said she would drive me to the hospital and for me to wait(I did). When I got to the hospital, I called my dr so he could meet me as we discussed. I still couldnt sit for long or lay in that stupid gurney, I was miserable and still crying:cursing:.

So the ER folk took blood, xrays, ultrasounds and everything came back that i was fine. Next step was a CTscan but they couldnt do it because of the Barium I had taken from the GI series was still in my system so i was admitted:sad:. I was put on an IV to help flush my system and told that in the morning i would get an Upper Endoscopy, CT scan, ultrasound(again), and more blood test. Finally after 2 days I was given pain meds THANK THE LORD FOR PERCOCET:thumbup:!

Upper edoscopy guy was running behind so i was sent for ct still couldnt do it barium is too thick still, ALASS the Ultrasound ,this lady deserves a medal of some kind because she took her time, had me sit in different positions and found it! A GALLSTONE THE SIZE OF A PEACH PIT :confused2:!!!!!!!

The end results are my gallbladder was twice the normal size, green in color, and ready to rupture. It had to be removed immediately! I had emergency gallbladder removal surgery on thursday afternoon May 29, 2008!:cursing: I was released from the hospital June 2

Hey, if its out of the ordinary it will happen to me!

Oh, I'm so sorry you went through so much pain, but so relieved it was not band related. I had my gall bladder out several years ago due to gall stones, so I can related. It's an up-all-nite-gnashing-of-teeth-moaning-groaning kind of pain. Just horrible! So happy you're on the mend now!

OMG! You had a horrible week there. Glad to hear you're home now. Feeling any better yet? Bet you're glad it wasn't the band after all. Hope they get your fill back in soon so you don't have to fight that too. Take care of yourself. You deserve some rest.

Oh Crap! That severely blows. I am glad the ultrasound lady found it, but Gallstones are so pain and are usually so much smaller than that. Thank god they found it before your gallbladder ruptured.

Glad you are feeling better but so so so sorry that happened. What a scary situation.

I have heard many times that loosing weight,especially quickly, can cause gallstones. When my partner had her RNY they went ahead and just took her gallbladder out.

Oh I wish I could come by and give you ballons and flowers and glasses of Water.

I hope you have someone there to help you.

TAra

OMG! You had a horrible week there. Glad to hear you're home now. Feeling any better yet? Bet you're glad it wasn't the band after all. Hope they get your fill back in soon so you don't have to fight that too. Take care of yourself. You deserve some rest.

Not feeling great but much better than last week. I can not have a fill for another 2 weeks so that sucks

Oh, I'm so sorry you went through so much pain, but so relieved it was not band related. I had my gall bladder out several years ago due to gall stones, so I can related. It's an up-all-nite-gnashing-of-teeth-moaning-groaning kind of pain. Just horrible! So happy you're on the mend now!

Thanks!

Oh Crap! That severely blows. I am glad the ultrasound lady found it, but Gallstones are so pain and are usually so much smaller than that. Thank god they found it before your gallbladder ruptured.

Glad you are feeling better but so so so sorry that happened. What a scary situation.

I have heard many times that loosing weight,especially quickly, can cause gallstones. When my partner had her RNY they went ahead and just took her gallbladder out.

Oh I wish I could come by and give you ballons and flowers and glasses of Water.

I hope you have someone there to help you.

TAra

I wish I would have known that cause i would have definetly asked doctor to just take it out now so I wouldnt have to worry about it later!

I received flowers from my job so thats done! You can still send balloons...lol:thumbup:

My son is 13 so hes a big help.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Sorry for what you went through but happy to hear it was not something serious with your band. I am sure that is the first thing you thought of when you started having symptoms. Hope you have a quick recovery!

taismommy, get well soon! I'm so, so sorry to hear your going through a rough patch! :cursing: You sound like a real trooper though, and it's nice to hear you endured such a terrible time.

Tara, your partner was so smart to do that. With this story I'm wondering if I should have done the same...

That sounds awful! I'm glad you're feeling better.

I went through a series of tests on my gallbladder because I had some weird symptoms but everything was normal. My surgeon said I may have to have it out later after loosing some weight. I asked if they could just take it out all at once but he said that insurance wouldn't pay because he had no evidence that it needed to come out.

Well I can definitely relate to your experience. I have had a gall bladder attack and know exactly the kind of pain you were in. I can understand how you could confuse the pain as being band related since the pain originates from the same area as your gall bladder. I am glad that I had mine taken out a long time ago. I didn't ever want to experience that kind of pain again. Unfortunately I still did due to my hiatal hernia, but had that fixed when I got my band and haven't experienced any pain since.

I'm really glad that your ultrasound tech was experienced and knew to look for something else besides something band related. Obviously, everyone else thought that is what it was.

Glad to hear that you are okay now and that they caught it in time!

Ohhhh girrrl....SO SORRY you had to experience that pain!! In one hand, I'm glad it's not band related but in the other I just CRINGE knowing from experience what that feels like. I hope you are taking the time to recover and rest!! We missed you!! Take it easy my friend, and know that all of us Double V's are here for you.

xoxo

OH man, that sounds scary and painful... now I keep wondering when is this going to happen to me.. if it does, at least I have your story to remember and will say something.. I'm going to do some research on this so I can be better informed. It seems to be a pretty common thing and I'm wondering how to prevent it.. EEK. Get better soon sweetie!:)

Thank you everyone!

Im now 9 days post op and i still cant sit in a chair for to long without pain! I can say however that i am much better since the last time i was here.

How are all my DOUBLE V's doing ?

Taismommy,

I sure hope you feel better soon. I had my gallbladder out about 8 years ago, but I still remember the pain, curled up on the bathroom floor thinking for sure I was going to die. I'm glad they found it and got it fixed. I'm sure you'll be feeling better in no time!

Good god you poor thing!

I can totally relate to the pain. I had my first gallstone attack 10 years ago when I was 16 weeks pregnant. My second occured not much after - that attack went for 11 hours, just starts out of the blue and ends just like that! I had many while I was pregnant except they didn't want to operate and remove it as they would have had to do it the old fashioned way rather than via keyhole. The last attack I had was that strong that I was given pethidine about 8 hours in. And boy was I regretting I didn't opt for it earlier. So nice!

I had my last attack 5 weeks after my daughter was born as I couldn't feed her, let alone sit or stand properly. That stopped everything for me as thankfully I haven't had a problem since!

Recovery can take a while, so take it easy and relax!