Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That is what I plan on doing with Protein powders when I get done with these awful shakes. I did the Body for Life program at one time and had some really good results, but because of a knee injury, I couldn't keep up with alot of the exercises so I gained all my weight back and then some. After that losing weight has been very difficult for me. Anyway, while doing the program, I found lots of recipes for making those Protein powders/shakes taste much better making them easier to go down. You should look up their website if you want some recipe ideas.

Maybe when we are all at our goal weight, we will have to get together for a nice beach vacation somewhere fun and show off our new bodies, LOL!!!!!

Oh BFL - Yup, been there before. Protein Shakes are old school for me as well...amazing how creative we can get when trying to make something palatable!!!

For me, I was successful with Weight Watchers - lost 120 lbs over the course of 2 years and maintained my goal weight for about a week. For the past 2-3 years, I have been yo-yo'ing more than ever - just last year, gained and lost the same 30 lbs THREE times. That can't be good for the heart!! Let alone the soul!!!

I'm down with the vacation!!! I start grad school this August and right now I am focusing on the 2 week vacation in Mexico that will happen in June 2010 - after I graduate!!!! Keep our eye on the prize!!

Well congrats on going to Grad school. You will have a lot to keep you busy over the next few years.

I am in need of a good vacation myself. Haven't had the time lately. The last one I went on was in 2005 to Cancun. I love it there. I would move if it weren't for the hurricanes, LOL!!!!

Good luck in grad school! What are you studying? I am graduating in the fall with my Masters in Public Administration. I can't wait until it's over!

A vacation sounds awesome! We're skipping one this year because of the surgeries. My husband is getting banded in August, too!

I am going to CSU Fullerton to get my masters in Instructional Design and Technology. It's an online program which gives me some freedom, but still a lot of work involved!!! I'm really excited about it. Lots going on this year - surgery, grad school, turning 40 and going to Europe w/ my husband for 10 days at the end of summer!!! Whoo hooo!!!

I am going to CSU Fullerton to get my masters in Instructional Design and Technology. It's an online program which gives me some freedom, but still a lot of work involved!!! I'm really excited about it. Lots going on this year - surgery, grad school, turning 40 and going to Europe w/ my husband for 10 days at the end of summer!!! Whoo hooo!!!

Wow, you do sound like a busy woman. Good luck with everything. I am excited for you.

Im actually not dreading turning 40 this year. The only thing that bothered me is, I was supposed to have my surgery May 30th originally and had hoped to be totally healed by my bday. My mother is planning a party and I won't be able to eat much or drink at the same time for that matter. I guess I will have to share a margarita with her, since she can't have a whole one anyway without getting wasted, LOL. Then sit around and chat until I can have something small to eat. Since my bday is 9 days after my surgery I won't have too many choices. Oh well, the good thing is I will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas without overdoing it this year, LOL!!!!!!

Good luck in grad school! What are you studying? I am graduating in the fall with my Masters in Public Administration. I can't wait until it's over!

A vacation sounds awesome! We're skipping one this year because of the surgeries. My husband is getting banded in August, too!

You are so lucky. It is nice that you will have someone to share your experiences that understands. The people on this website are so awesome, but having someone to share everything with first hand is great.

As mentioned previously my fiance doesn't want me to have the surgery. I met him for lunch just now, and the sore subject came up again. Somehow this topic always starts many more. The fact is that he is insecure. He is also a stick man and doesn't understand how I feel. When I told him I needed his support, he said he does support me even if he doesn't agree. He said he couldn't help the way he feels, but if I felt this is something I have to do because I am not "disciplined" enough to lose weight any other way then he would be here for me. Talk about slap in the face. Like this procedure doesn't require discipline in order to have desirable results. For some reason, he is not listening to me. He thinks this surgery is a sure thing to instant weight loss and I have explained it isn't and it still takes hard work. I guess he will see how hard it will be after I have it done. He did say though that maybe he will be ok with it once it is done and he sees how it is affected me. He thinks of this as my "last ditch effort to lose weight". Whatever!!!!!!

With that attitude, I am so happy to have all of you here for support.

That's great! I'm getting my degree at Ohio University. The program is based on-line, with a 'residency' one weekend a month for a year and half. I have finished the on-campus stuff and residencies. All I have left is an internship this summer, which I am doing at work, and my portfolio in the fall (which is like a thesis). I'm also working full time, so the last year and a half has been crazy! My husband was also in school, but he graduated last month!

You are so lucky. It is nice that you will have someone to share your experiences that understands. The people on this website are so awesome, but having someone to share everything with first hand is great.

As mentioned previously my fiance doesn't want me to have the surgery. I met him for lunch just now, and the sore subject came up again. Somehow this topic always starts many more. The fact is that he is insecure. He is also a stick man and doesn't understand how I feel. When I told him I needed his support, he said he does support me even if he doesn't agree. He said he couldn't help the way he feels, but if I felt this is something I have to do because I am not "disciplined" enough to lose weight any other way then he would be here for me. Talk about slap in the face. Like this procedure doesn't require discipline in order to have desirable results. For some reason, he is not listening to me. He thinks this surgery is a sure thing to instant weight loss and I have explained it isn't and it still takes hard work. I guess he will see how hard it will be after I have it done. He did say though that maybe he will be ok with it once it is done and he sees how it is affected me. He thinks of this as my "last ditch effort to lose weight". Whatever!!!!!!

With that attitude, I am so happy to have all of you here for support.

That's what upsets me the most about people! Someone who doesn't have a weight problem doesn't understand the whole maintenance issue. Sure, I can lose weight...obviously I've lost before surgery. But can I eat like a bird the rest of my life and starve myself to keep it off??? NO!! If I even look at food, I gain weight. I've always been that way. It's like I forgot to get in line for a metabolism.

Hopefully he will come around once he sees how happy you are after surgery. Maybe he's just scared of the whole surgery issue? You can always vent here and we'll listen. :sad_smile:

Thanks so much. I do a lot of venting on here and it sure helps to have the support of people that understand.

My husband doesn't believe in the surgery however, he is being quite supportive and has been by my side thick and thin!!! He wants me to be happy and while he may not get the surgery, he never makes me feel poorly about my decision. It's rough enough dealing w/ our own issues - you'd think it'd be easier for those who love us to not add to anxiety levels already running high.

I'm very thankful for this board- it's been a wealth of information and a safe place to express the rollercoaster of emotions and thoughts!!!

Good morning, ladies! How are you doing today? Only 5 days left until the new us's (yeah, it's not a word, but you know what I mean!) :tt1:

I had my pre-op assessment at the hospital this am with a nurse and spoke with an anesthesiologist. It went well. I'm requried to stay overnight at the hospital and be admitted.

i have to stay overnight too. did not have have a pre-op visit i got clear on jun 13. they said they call fri late afternoon with a time to check in. how is everyone doing on pre-op diet. iam trying to hang in hope everyone has a great day!

Hi everyone,

Had my pre-op appt yesterday and all went great. I am still on for Monday; yippie!!!!!

I am so excited.

I hope everyone is doing well and ready to get this party started.

This thread is seriously like heaven for me!

I'm also being banded on the 30th, also in my 30s, and also had my pre-op appt yesterday. :embaressed_smile: :lol: We should pull together a yahoo group for june 30th'ers since we'll all be taking the exact same journey.

The pre-op diet is coming to a close soon -- anyone else actually excited to be able to eat Soup and the like after surgery? I'm getting so sick of shakes, though I'm getting accustomed to the Atkins Advantage ones and after the first sip or so can 'enjoy' (I'm using that word loosely) them.

I had lost 11 pounds to get to 231, and then some Constipation (Tmi?!) happened and I gained 2 1/2 pounds -- so infuriating when you aren't eating over 700-800 calories!! Things are better in that dept today so I'm hoping my loss will keep happening over the weekend and I'll be down into the high 220's for surgery on Monday.

Are you girls nervous? What are your eating plans post surgery? My surgeon has me on blended/mushy foods right for a month -- but there's no liquid only stage. I'm trying to get a handle on what I'm going to want to eat... what are you all buying for the first few weeks??

SO GLAD to have found you!

(And my birthday is July 1st, so I get to spend the first day of my 31st year as a newly banded girl!)

Erin

Just wanted to post real quick to say Hi to everyone! We're another day closer!!:Angel_anim: Nice to meet you, Erin! I'm busy at work right now, but I'll write more later when things slow down.