Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricare Prime - Got The Referral, Now What?

I am in central Texas, having mine done in Austin, I hope, pending approval. I do have a concern about my weight.....I am scared I will be off by just a few pounds. Actually, 7 pounds. I am hoping and praying with all my heart and soul that the surgeon's letter is written correctly to get me this surgery. IF he says the magic words "100 lbs overweight for her height and body structure", I should be fine, otherwise Tricare will lump me in the medium size frame and I will be 7 lbs short.

Tricare SHOULD fax the letter to the doctor by the end of the business day of the change, meaning they should have gotten it this afternoon (probably after close since Tricare is open until 6 central and dr may close at 5). Check first thing in the morning, then call tricare back if they don't have it and ask them to fax it over, they are usually pretty good about some of that.

I am seeing Dr. Redmann and it has been a breeze. I attended a seminar first. Then got an appointment with Dr. Redmann at which time he told me what all I needed to do. Take orders to my PCP for blood work and get a referral. My PCP faxed the two papers back to Dr. Redmann and then I got surgery date of July 16th, my Pre-opt appt. date at the hospital for pre-opt and pay the hospital and the anesthesiologist, my appt. for the same day to attend a two hour class for them to tell me what all I will need and then later that day an appt. with Dr. Redmann to sign my consents papers and pay him.

All this will be completed on 6/30 and that is it until surgery. Now let me say I am cash pay and that may make some difference. But stay in touch and let us know how everybody else with Dr. Redmann does. Good Luck to all

Hey Nana do you have a Nana license plate with ladybug on the front? If so, I think I parked in front of you at the Dr. today! I wouldn't have thought anything of it until I saw your screenname just now! This is the first time I'm reading your post.

I went for my first appt today. I'm going to get the blood tests this week and did the psych eval in their office ($50!). Did you take that? I felt like they were trying to trick me!

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in your journey because if I'm approved by Tricare I'll be walking in your shoes soon. Please let us know how everything goes.

Edited by Ineedalapband

Ineedalapband,

I was at the doctor today but my license plate does not have a ladybug. Mine is a mirror background with NANA on it. Who is your doctor? Isn't that strange. I was in Slidell and then in Covington.

I did seem a little tricky. What time was your appointment?

Dr. Redmann is my Dr. but I didn't actually see him yesterday. It was my first appt so I weighed/height/breathed in the bag and saw the NP. I was there at 1:30 and also came from Slidell. Funny. I don't know why I even noticed it but there was a car parked in front of me that had a front license plate with Nana on it and a ladybug. Then I saw your screen name and said that must have been you. Oh well, must have been another nana! :lol:

Please keep us all posted on how everything goes. I'm interested in what comes next. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for approval. Got to get my blood tests first. I'm doing that tomorrow.