Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

emotional eater that's mad

Yes I didn't make it to lapband world without being a emotional eater.

Today my children want to stop at mickey d's so the 3 y/o can play cause he's potty training and doing well. I go in I make a informed choice with a grilled chicken snack wrap order my chidrens food and go to sit down and 2 teenage girls are giggling and talking about me and how FAT? and that I shouldn't be wearing shorts, kinda blow them off and one of them writes in ketchup u r fat Well the new doogie howser just figured out what is wrong with me like I didn't have a clue....So play it off a few loud remarks back and forth but by the time they left I just wanted to go home I'm a grown ass woman and when that stuff happeens it makes me feel like I'm in highschool again it so sucks...so over ate a little which made me feel worse. I have to tall skinny boys and thank god daily that they did not take after me in the fat department..And my 16 yr old would never cause I taught him better. I said to the mother you need to teach your dtr better manners, she just looked puzzled and walked on ... I just hate that I have started this journey and I am trying so hard and something so small trashes me for the afternoon. Just needed to vent a little. wondering around for hours. Thanks Sheemac:unsure:

I guess it is our sensitive natures that got us here in the first place. I know for me I've always eaten my emotions away and what can be more emotional than people putting you down. Let's just hope the mother finds out what they got up to and reprimanded them. Then again it's probably unlikely as that's where they likely got their bad manners. Just let it go, they are not worth it. People (or kids) like that put others down to make themselves feel better and just remind yourself that they must be miserable gits to spend their social time hurting other people. You are stronger than that, look what you've done for yourself and your family and use all that energy to get to your goal. You'll be laughing last when you look at yourself in the mirror in 12 months time and you're down 100 lbs. :thumbup:

7_5_142.gifSorry this happened Sheemac. A lot of parents will teach their children not to make fun of handycapped people, but won't teach them not to make fun of overweight people. It is sad that parents don't think of it. My children and grandchildren know not to make fun of people. My middle daughter might of been 12/13 when I overheard her and 1 of her freinds make fun of someone fat. I went off the deep end. I asked them if they would make fun of me and they said no because I was a mom! I had a lot of school tales to tell them...needless to say they both learned a valuable lesson that day. One of these days someone will make fun of them and they might remember some of the people they made fun of and feel remorse. Just remember won't be to long before your thin and you won't hear stupid people making fun of you.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

congratulations on your lap band. I am so sorry those little brats treated you that way. I have to tell you that soon you will be getting a little diffrent kind of attention. When you start turning mens heads again. So keep your chin up! In due time.

Gail

i'm so sorry sheemac. you will have the last laugh, and those people will forever be empty shells. i commend you for raising kind children and for standing up for yourself. how can people be so cruel? i will never understand it.

I remember right before Christmas and before I was banded I went to the store because I was having a Christmas party. Well I was getting some gourmet Cookies for my party and I overheard a GROWN man say to his wife, "I can't believe people would pay that much for cookies anyways she don't look like she needs them anyway.". I was floored!! I turned around and looked him straight in the eye and just stared. I didn't say anything, just stared. His wife apologized to me and she felt bad. I then just walked away. People are so rude

I feel sorry for those girls because that sort of insensitivity and meanness is way more of a hinderance than some extra fat.

I'm sorry you endured that. :lol: I think faced with the same situation, I would have (wanted to) march up to them with my head held high and said that goodness comes in all shapes and sizes, just like shallow snottiness and that they should be ashamed of their behavior.

Those girls were lucky that I wasn't there! Enough said. As one other post said it is still okay to make fun of fat folks. I remember watching a movie with my husband and daughter. The movie only focus was children being scared of a mobidly obese woman and how fat she was- therefore she was bad. The happy ending was when she finally died.(Yeah...clap...clap...clap!) I was so mad at the movie that I had to get up and leave.

I am sorry that you had to go through that awful experience. Don't feel bad and sit in the corner...don't let yourself be wonded soul. If that ever happens again remember that you are in charge and a strong woman. Don't be upset just take your power.

What freaking movie is that cookielover? I will burn it and mix its ashes in my Protein shake!

Shee- I am sorry the little brats don't have sense and their mother didn't teach them right from wrong. Since they have such obvious issues with weight, hopefully they will not grow up to be chubby or they will despise themselves more than I despise their attitude.

Keep your head up.

"Monster House"- is about a massive overweight women that was in the held captive in the circus. Her husband was the only one who could see her beauty. He brought her home, and there she stayed. The kids in the neighborhood would do mean things that caused her to die. After her death she "became" the house (which is quite large I might add.) From that point on her husband does everything he can to keep children away from the "monster house." All the kids in the neighborhood are scared of this house. Eventually the house attacks the children because they get too close to her. Her husband begs her not to harm the children...(this is where I got up and left.) but I know the house was destroyed and they lived happily ever after.

Think of them while you are working out. Use their negative comments and put that into a positive outcome. It will make you work harder. Show them that you aren't as powerless as they think!

Yes I didn't make it to lapband world without being a emotional eater.

Today my children want to stop at mickey d's so the 3 y/o can play cause he's potty training and doing well. I go in I make a informed choice with a grilled chicken snack wrap order my chidrens food and go to sit down and 2 teenage girls are giggling and talking about me and how FAT? and that I shouldn't be wearing shorts, kinda blow them off and one of them writes in ketchup u r fat Well the new doogie howser just figured out what is wrong with me like I didn't have a clue....So play it off a few loud remarks back and forth but by the time they left I just wanted to go home I'm a grown ass woman and when that stuff happeens it makes me feel like I'm in highschool again it so sucks...so over ate a little which made me feel worse. I have to tall skinny boys and thank god daily that they did not take after me in the fat department..And my 16 yr old would never cause I taught him better. I said to the mother you need to teach your dtr better manners, she just looked puzzled and walked on ... I just hate that I have started this journey and I am trying so hard and something so small trashes me for the afternoon. Just needed to vent a little. wondering around for hours. Thanks Sheemac:unsure:

Baby.... I wish i were there with u... One thing that I will say is that don't be angry because u over did it a little, that was better than going over and stooping to their level.... Trust me... See most kids are taught better by their parents, however when they are around their friends they act like they have no home training and really show how childish they are... That took a lot on your part not to snap off.... Just like u said U are a grown azz woman and kids should stay in their place... But u r ok...Now see that other side of me would have started the nervous twitch and i would have started talking loud or starring them down saying i'm going to beat the shit out of u like your momma should have done a long time ago... I would have kept looking at them and saying are u ready to get your azz kicked...how r your fries? would u like to come over and sit with me or wow I really like that shirt u have on... start acting crazy and they will be like damn lets go that chick is crazy...lol.....

Edited by mstrina27

your the bomb..Thanks for the reply it has helped being on here since I'm having a bad time starting off. Congrats on the 51 gone. I hope to be as good as you soon.

Sheemac