Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just banded, from singapore

hi everyone... i've just been banded 29/5/08. it's only my 2nd day back home and it's been quite a challenge. i don't feel hungry but the cravings are just crazy. i didn't have any kind of pre-op diet, and taking in only liquids is really difficult for me.

i am someone who cannot take pain at all, and the pains at my stomach area is much harder to take than the bloatedness. how long does it take to go away? i've also many other bruises and pains on my arms(blood pressure), hands(swollen from drip) and breast(or heart). there are several markings on me and i don't really know what they are. i can't breathe/sneeze/cough/talk/walk/get up/sit up/lie down without feeling pain. i know it takes time to heal; i'm only ranting. sorry.

i feel really miserable now :(

oh, i'm female, 19, from singapore. nice to meet you :smile:

Edited by foodie

You'll feel much better in a few days hun. Just rest up and take it easy. Welcome to LBT. I wish you well.

Foodie,

I don't understand all bruising either as I didn't experience any. As far as the pain in your port area it may remain for 5 weeks. Be sure to allow healing time before doing any lifting. Sitting, standing, uncomfortable so hold your stomach when you are getting up and sitting down.Walk alot as it will help you with bloating and gas.

You are fresh out so just listen to your doctors rules and you should be fine.

Josephine

thank u froggi and josephine!

my doctor and nutritionist are giving me conflicting advice, so apparently i can only have low fat milk, no sugar added soy milk, clear soups/broth, fruit juice, plain yoghurt mixed with milk and Water. no milo no coffee no tea no spicy Soups no flavoured anything. and only 120ml each meal, 4 meals a day. it's driving me insane!! :(

obviously i've cheated (reduced sugar vitagen yum) but to take another 8 days of this will be plain torture. it's also crazy to not chew anything or have any solid food because i've been so used to big meals pre op.

singapore doesn't sell crystallite or any weightwatchers/south beach stuff so it's going to be pretty hard for me to lose weight, given my penchant for both sweet and savoury!! argh.

i can't imagine giving up white bread, white rice, curries or corn :thumbup: or any of the junk food like ice-creams and chocolate. i really don't know why i rushed into this surgery :cool2: :wink2:

Welcome! I had a lot of brusing also but it will go away after about 2 weeks. Don't hurt yourself by cheating on the diet. Call the surgeon or nutritionist and tell them you're hungry.

Hi I'm going to have my lap band done in Singapore, my doctor is Dr. Ravi have you heard anything about him?? Where did ou have yours done?? If you go to Tanglin Mall there is a supermarket in the lower level they sell crystal lite and I'm pretty sure they have the portioned meals if you are looking.

Well good luck and I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress..:(

Welcome! I had a lot of brusing also but it will go away after about 2 weeks. Don't hurt yourself by cheating on the diet. Call the surgeon or nutritionist and tell them you're hungry.

thanks elisabeth :laugh:

i think i've come to accept that i am really a foodie. to me life wouldn't have any meaning if i were to restrict my food choices. so what i'm going to do is to reduce my intake instead, and to up my exercise regime after healing phase. this may take a while, but i don't think i could handle not having some particular foods ever.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches