Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi my name is Becca. Im 29 and am just waiting on insurance approval for the surgery. I have been to the seminar and consulted with my surgeon. I am soo nervous and sick about insurance approving me. I would love to have a buddy to talk to on here about their experiences.

Hey Becca,

I will be 29 next month and I had my surgery on Jan 4, 2010. Just jump right in and tell us how your doing. Ask any questions you have. The ladies in this group have been such inspiration and support for me.

A quick update before hitting the sack. Must get up early. Both Dassi and myself have been invited to be Boomers handlers tomorrow on the "Today" show for the adopt this pet of the week.

So, excited. Of course....this can all change in the AM but as of now its a go. So, turn on your tubes to channel 4. We will be on the 8:30 segment. If you dont end up seeing us youl def see our Boomer!!

We will be either on or behind but so excited. Cant wait!!

Hit pay dirt tonight. You know sometimes things happen for a reason and we never know why. Well....ive got to say that being nice to my step mother Sunday was a good thing...not only because it was the right thing to do for Dassi but apparently for me too!! We made a date to come to her house to visit this evening. Turns out when we arrived my SM tells me...listen I know that you lost 35 pounds in the last month you must be in need of some clothing....it just happens that Ive been looking to give all my corporate clothing away now that im retired for 6 months and will never wear any of these clothes again..so they are size 14. Would you want them??

Would I not???? Heck sure would!! So after dinner.. Dassi spent time with her dog and boomer and her new husband in yard and we went through her fabulous fabulous to die for closet!! Now, I remembered she dressed nicely..but haleluya she is a coldwater creek and Chico fan! Like me. Then there were some fabulous designor outfits that must have cost a small fortune. Every single thing I put on fit like a glove!!!

She was so happy to finially get all of it out of her house and I was so happy that she was giving it all to me.

Then she gave me three pair of shoes and two pairs of sandles. I swear they looked never even worn. Jewelry to match!

I was like holy toledo!! Pay dirt. Then she tells me this is just the stuff she went through...she just started with the summer stuff and when winter comes...shel have a whole wardrobe to give me for winter. I told her I was hoping to be a smaller size by then...and she said....Jodi youl take the clothes and get them made smaller they are worth a small fortune. hmmm she had a good point.

SO you all know what this means??? Now...I deff have to keep up this relationship now!! You know its not such a bad thing...Im glad that we went there and even if she didnt give me anything Im still glad we went. We made plans for next Wednesday for dinner and to come watch Dassi at Karate.

This is a good thing...complicated for sure but good. As you said Linda.....this was my mother too for 14 yrs. Ive missed her and tonight she showed me pictures of us and said...I never let your father take these as I wanted some memories of my favorite kid. Lol sure, every mom says this but was so touched and the sorry ass that I am.....started bawling like that kid and then her and Dassi was like yikes.....but it was all good. Healing for all of us.

In any case.....Must run. Long day. 7:30 on set in Manhattan and then back home drop off dog then drop off Dassi then to work then to support group at night.. wow long day.

well night all> have a great week.

Watch for me tomorrow wearing new clothes that fit!!!

Linda thanks for the info and I am so making that zuchini recipe next week for shavuot. We eat dairy foods traditionally on this holiday and boy oh boy that sounds so yummy!!

Any other dairy recpies like this or others..please feel free; lol I will try anything once. Notice the emphasis on try.

I know it was a tough thing to do. But it will pay off for you more than just the clothes. You guys sound like your gonna rebuild your relationship. I hope all goes well.

How exciting to be on the today show. Plus you know people will be calling like crazy to adopt boomer. You are doing such a great thing for boomer and his family to be.

Well,

I finished my last exam today. I got an A in anatomy and have been on cloud 9 all day. Still waiting for my other grades.

Hubby and I excercised together again today. It is nice not being alone in the fitness center. I am so glad he is accepting of the healthy lifestyle I am trying to provide for my family. He does crave soda once in awile but I always ask him to get a flavor I don't like so I won't be tempted.

I went to a support group last night. I was a bit nervous but it turned out to be a really small group. Just the four of us and the counselor. One girl was talking alot and didn't make much sense to me. I could be cause she is in the liquid phase. Lack of food can make us do funny things. I might try a different day to see if I can find people close to my age and situation.

Saw Boomer on the Today Show, but disappointed not to see Jodi or Dassi!?? Did I miss something or did they decide not to let your on camera!? They used staff.... Ann, Meredith, intern!?

What's up with that!

Hi guys~ Just finished reading the posts. I take one day off and I get so behind!

Jodi~ Wow! WTG on scoring the clothes and the rekindled relationship. They are both awesome.

Eva~ that Soup sounds great. Have never made a chicken soup with cooking chicken in skillet before (always cook whole chicken or chicken breasts on bone- boiled in the broth). Will try it. Have a good weekend- hope DH is feeling better.

Apples~ Safe trip to the lake!!! Give Tanker a hug from Auntie Laura and hope the toe feels better. Oh my! on DS going overseas. uh, my heart goes out to you! I know you are so proud and scared all at the same time. I know how strong you were when they were both over there. hugs.

Janet~ sorry too for the death of your old neighbor. Sounded like a great man- love the stories of him playing games with you guys and always inviting you on vacation.

Arlene~ WTG on the weight loss!!!!!!!!

Julie~ I second what apples said, hope you are ok. Haven't heard from you in a couple days.

Linda~ Have a great weekend and wtg on the gym so early! Are you feeling better after the PB at work from the Vitamin?

Was 219 this morning- that's 3 more lbs! NSV- I fit in a size 16 skirt/with shorts under it, that I have been saving since a month after surgery. I saw it in the store last spring and thought ONE day I will wear this. It didn't look GREAT, but I was so thrilled, I wore it anyway today. I am taking Protein Powder, some prot. bars and muscle milks with me to NC. I will not gain like i did last month when we went. I know my parents will not be offended if I don't eat- they understand. My sister gets upset with me though. She thinks I am trying to show that I have better "control" or something. I tried explaining that this has NOTHING to do with her.

This morning was Nelson's Mothers' Day tea at his school. OMW... what a cute cute morning! They sang "Everybody loves a Saturday night!" and then changed the lyrics to Mother stuff. And then they sang the I love you song. Nels made a handmade heart pin with crooked rhinestones on it. Just love it! I love the laughter of little kids- wish we could bottle it! (we'd cure everyone of everything!) oh, Nelson did his TKD testing last night and got his camo belt. I will post a pic. Sorry for lots of Nelson stuff. :thumbup:

Nelson's best friend, Nick, is having a horrible time. The kid is 6 years old and found his 10 year old golden retriever dead last night. He is devastated and really really not handling it well. You dog lovers- is there anything that helps? Is it too early to give him a pic of his pet? I took a great photo of him and the dog at Halloween. Just feel like doing something. Or just get a toy- and nothing dog related? His mom said he told her to do something- bring him back! He promised to be good for the rest of his life and said she could have all his toys! When she called me last night crying; I bawled for like an hour. So sad.

Hope everyone has a great mothers day!!! I am sure I will touch base some from NC. Thanks for the safe travel wishes!

Poor kid, I feel so bad for him. Here's a book that sounds good for such a thing -- you could paste the picture inside the front cover of the book. I think a book like this might help.

Here's a review I found on it

Dog Heaven

This affectionate and joyous look at what heaven must be like for dogs can be a great comfort for both children and adults who believe in a heaven as a place where dogs go. When our dog died, I bought this children's picture book by Cynthia Rylant for my husband, and it helped to ease his grief. With text and full page acrylic paintings, Rylant shows a heaven filled with dogs’ favorite things. (Scholastic, 1995. ISBN: 9780590417013)

Phyl, I saw Boomer but no Jodie or Dassi either - was very disappointed -- that sucked -- I wonder if they were shown in "the crowd" right before the doggie segment came out.

Jessica, congrats on the grades - wtg girl!

Laura, great job on the weight loss woo hoo! I think the skirt looked fine in the pictures -- looked just fine.

I'm still at work. Will CBL

Linda

Hi everyone,

Been busy with one project after the other at work and have stayed late at school last Friday and this Monday and at my daughter's Tues. night.

Comliance Analyst from Chicago Public Schools was in my room for an hour or so today. All my records are in good shape, so that's a relief to get behind me.

food is quite good. Working on staying under 165. My husband is starting to work full-time hours. I'll have to see what kind of changes that makes in scheduling and chores. He's actually possessive about the things he does around here, like grocery shopping and errands. He'd probably give up the cleaning but that's actually one of the things I need the most help with because of my neck.

Don't have choir tonight so had time for a brief post. Took me forever to catch up reading.

You all hang in there.

Cheri

Poor kid, I feel so bad for him. Here's a book that sounds good for such a thing -- you could paste the picture inside the front cover of the book. I think a book like this might help.

Here's a review I found on it

Dog Heaven

This affectionate and joyous look at what heaven must be like for dogs can be a great comfort for both children and adults who believe in a heaven as a place where dogs go. When our dog died, I bought this children's picture book by Cynthia Rylant for my husband, and it helped to ease his grief. With text and full page acrylic paintings, Rylant shows a heaven filled with dogs’ favorite things. (Scholastic, 1995. ISBN: 9780590417013)

Laura, great job on the weight loss woo hoo! I think the skirt looked fine in the pictures -- looked just fine.

Linda

Thank you so much Linda! What a great idea. I will order it now.

Laura

Wow, without Apples junking up the thread, it was easy to catch up tonight.

Laura, the book Linda suggested sounded just right for your devastated friend. It's so sad to lose your pets and it's really hard to explain to a young one.

Gee, wished I could have seen Boomer too...but my VCR is dying and we haven't moved into the realm of DVR yet.

Jessica...yeah on the A!!! I'm proud of you girl. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

I should be packing, but I don't want to. I just want it all to be magically done. Fortunately we will only be gone for the long weekend. I can't decide if I want to bring a skirt or not....probably not, then I don't have to worry about the shoes. Makes life easier I guess.

Attended another Webinar about band problems. It was interesting. This was Dr. Martinez, the other doctor in the practice. He said too many band problems come from over fills and one really needs to pay attention and get it taken care of. He also said they are having less and less problems because of more information and experience with the band which is nice to know. food should be going through the band while we are eating and not packing the pouch...it's painful if it isn't going through and that is what causes slippage and sometimes erosion. It's also something that causes heartburn...I only get heartburn now when I eat really spicy food and it gets a little stuck so it sits above the band too long. If I eat properly and not too much, I don't have too much problem with it.

Today was hot and I had to do some site visits and didn't bring enough Water. Now I'm burned out and tired. I'm going to bed early and hopefully will be all chipper tomorrow. I'll try and check in before I leave.

Have a great night ladies.

Eva

Oh, by the way, my avatar is an ocotillo flower and they are blooming now and look just like this. I love the ocotillos when they bloom, they look so cool...let me see if I can find a picture.

The first one is an ocotillo that has lost it's leaves....they only leaf out when it rains and they have enough water....

The second picture is the same ocotillo with leaves but not flowers. And the 3rd picture is from just a couple of minutes ago...same plant but it's dark and it's in bloom.

Eva, that is amazing. I love them. So cool the lightening in the background too.

LauraK

Good Evening Gang

Last night I barely got any sleep - Andrew drama - he went out of town to a club - got in fight (verbal) w/friend don't know about what and lost his cc - didn't have gas to get home - called at 11:30 - I guess there was tons of drama - pple getting left - etc - well then I couldn't go back to sleep worried - he called again around 1 and the gas station wouldn't do a cc over the phone - he thinks that I can just western union him $$ but he doesn't even know where he was at - Told him I guess he would have to pan handle - he got pissy w/me - I hung up on him.. Didn't get to sleep till after 2:30..

He got home - don't ask me how - he's at work - so I guess we will be having a conversation tonite.

Had a nice surprise when I got home -there was a big box in the entry - I said to self - I haven't ordered anything big - I see the words Keurig on box... I have the sweetest DIL !!!!

When I was up there in March we were at Target - and looking at coffee pots - I said I think I would like one of those (single serve ones) she said you should have said something we would have gotten it for your bday - I said well you know how it is - you see something you want (don't need but would like) but don't want to spend $$$ for it - I rather by $100 of clothes than a coffee pot ;0) - Well - she remembers crap and sent me a Keurig single serve machine for Mother's Day- now I gotta figure out how to do timer - cuz I did make one cup tonite... It was very very good..

Jessica WTG Keep up the good work ... Hope you have a great Mothers Day

Joyce - Happy Mothers Day - I'll be gone too - OMW with Great - Apples - Laura - Me -Eva and you gone it's going to be quite - well good I wont have to spend hours catching up lol - on my #7 thread - they would post all the time so I would have pages to catch up with - they are so mean to me lol - they even used large fonts..

Charlene - Have a great Mothers Day too... Hope you found the suryp you were looking for..

Laura - I miss those hand made gifts - they are so special - I was about 10 when we lost Lady Girl our family dog - OMG I cryed my eyes out.. Ya Mr. Williams was a really nice man 85 so he had a good long life.. Happy Mothers Day - Hope you have a great time w/the Family..

Eva - Enjoy your weekend - I know I am going to enjoy mines ;0) Happy Mothers Day to you too you are a step mommy and Mommy to your fur babies too;0)

I recorded the today show - haven't watched yet - well if Jodi or Dassi aren't on there - I guess I will delete it... I still gotta eat & pack

Julie - hope you are ok !!! Happy Mothers Day

LauraK - Happy Mothers Day to you too

Melissa - Deb - Great - Apples - Cheri - Judy - and whom ever else I am forgetting Happy Mothers Day...

I will try to ck in before I leave tomorrow --

Hugs everyone

Eva - I loved the pictures of the flowers and lightening. Very interesting.

Laura - the poor little friend who lost his dog. Linda has a wonderful suggestion with the book. And loved the pix of Nelson and you looked great in your new skirt.

Jessica - anatomy - an A you rock.

I'm on upstairs computer - just miss everyone too much. Should get laptop back tomorrow or Saturday.

Janet - so sorry to hear of drama night with Andrew. My husband had 5 children when I married him (1 to 15 in age) and I had two daugthers 10 and 11. I have been thru soooooo much of this drama and know how challenging it can be. You are one very strong lady and I admire your commitment to him.

Rain tonight - great sleeping.< /p>

HI everyone, just a quick note as I am not doing well at all and have a kind of a buzz on right now from all the medications, but still have pain..... It's such a rat race...running in circles most of the time... Spent Thursday night in ER ..... got a morphine shot that helped me sleep that night..... Just no good news to report and I'm too exhausted to comment one all of your activities... I did read them all and am so proud of all of you... Sorry to you with the troubles and happy for those who are doing so well..... I'm going to try to be here tomorrow if I can..... Night all... Julie

Happy Mothers Day to everyone. Have a great weekend for all of you going away.

Jessica, great job on the "A"

Laura K

Happy Nothers Day everyone - have safe travels to all of you traveling.

Eva, loved those pictures - the one with the lightning is such a great one -- could win awards -- would hang that in a frame in my house -- really neat picture.

Julie, sorry to hear you're having more pain and I know how hard it is to deal with. Thinking of you and praying you get some relief soon. Hope you somehow have a good mother's day.

Phyl was on FB and said the trainer told her no resistance machines for 48 hours -- Phyl, when you get back here could you tell us more about that? I'm curious about what advice he's giving you -- I love any and all free advice I can get on that subject. Everything you read seems different -- I read another article last night that said it was a fallacy that exercising longer burns more fat than exercising harder -- heck I had just read that in an article in a different publication --so now we have contradictory information coming out as new "news" -- so not sure what is correct any more.

Thunder storms here over night -- I got up at 5 but decided to go back to bed. Just worn out I guess. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Hugs to all!

Linda

Good Morning Gang...

Joyce - OMG those many kids - Andrew hasn't been that bad - (not as bad as his dad) but at my age - I really don't want the worries - but it is what it is - He'll fly right for a few months then - it will be another drama - Kids now a days - I know that while I'm gone - he'll stick close to home - so won't worry too much..

Julie - Hugs Hugs Hugs...

Linda - It's not about how long you exercise it's the intensitiy of your exercise - that's why interval training is good - it's better to walk slow on a treadmill at a high incline than to walk fast on no incline (less miles)- (well this is what I have read anyway) and gotta say that on the treadmill if I walk on a higher incline it says I burn more calories than walking on flat - on flat I burn like 1 calorie per step whereas on incline it's like 3 or 4 depending on the incline #

Well it's about time for me to jump in the shower and finish packing all those things you can't pack til you get ready (makeup etc)

I will talk to you all on Sunday - Have a GREAT MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE !!!

XOXOXO

Janet

Happy Mother's Day ! to all my Band Buddies!

Janet, sorry for the drama.....I had plenty when I had five teenagers, but i was in my forties. I don't know if I could do it now. Have a great weekend. You will really enjoy the coffee maker. Oh, I bought sf syrups online because I couldn't find the place yesterday. I bought coconut, toasted marshmallow, amaretto, raspberry, and cinnamon. That should spice up my shake diet.

Laura, you look so cute in your skirt....love it.

Eva.....love the pictures!

Jessica.....best wishes on the tests

Julie.....I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with the pain. I hope you get relief soon.

Cheri.....165...wow.....someday I will be there...good for you being about to stay there.

Laura K.....How is the move going for DD?

Linda......we need to be fb friends. I am a farmville nut.

Joyce.....wow.....seven.......how many grandkids?

Hi Phyl !.....and Melissa! and all the newbies!

I hope all of you have a great weekend!!!!