Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Apples, I spent one summer right after high school building Butler bins. GF & I were the outside workers feeding bolts and jacking up the rings and two guys inside. We got back at them when we knew they had hangovers by making sure our wrench slipped banging the side lots of times per day. lol

Laura K

1st photo is the tile I was trying to describe. They use big spools that the rolls go on and string it into the trenches

2nd...is a photo of the catwalk so we can check the grain dryer fans and check the grain inside the bins. The orange you see are the burners and the cause of the fires we had the last two years during harvest.

3rd...not a very good photo but that little white building with the door is my little station I use when unloading trucks, etc. Usually bitterly cold during harvest so I have some protection from the cold and wind. Also this little building is set up for checking moisture of the grain.

Apples, I spent one summer right after high school building Butler bins. GF & I were the outside workers feeding bolts and jacking up the rings and two guys inside. We got back at them when we knew they had hangovers by making sure our wrench slipped banging the side lots of times per day. lol

Laura K

I was always the "inside girl" when we built our bins. I would hold the nuts while DH used the drill on the outside. Sweltering, humid weather and stifling heat inside those bins.

I am back from my Upper Gi appt. I had to drink some awful tasting stuff while they took pics of it going down. I could see my band on the xrays, kindda odd looking knowing that was me. She said that everything looked great but that the official report would come from my dr. So that was good to hear. It wasn't an invasive test, just stood against a back drop thing like a chest xray and drank that kool-aid. I only had to take a couple small sips, when they first handed me the cup with it I thought oh no how I am going to drink that, it didn't taste good at all.

Stopped at McD's as promised for the 'nugget test'. LOL 5 nuggets today. I can definitely tell I have more restriction now but not too much. I am back at what I'd call my sweet spot I think, I am exactly where I was before my unfill in the hospital with my knee surgery last December. I think I will stay here.

Apples, enjoying the farm photos. So why do they call it tiling when there are no tiles?? Your mention of your boys go carts, reminds me of another of DH's and DBIL's stories. They would build carts with a 'lasso' attached. They'd position the cart by an opening in the pig pen. One would sit on the cart and the other would lasso a pig then slap it and it would take off running giving the one in the cart a wild ride.

When DH's grandparents got married they got a cow for a wedding present. Grandpa would also keep a calf from that cow and then a descendant every year so DH's uncle still has cows from that original cow's line. I helped one year round up the yearlings to take to market, had a real hard time eating my steak that night! LOL I still think when or shall I say if DH ever retires his dream would be to get some small acreage somewhere preferrable SD if he could talk me into moving there. I like it there but would wnat to be near my kids. DH is the type that will never be able to retire persay, if and when he ever leaves the airlines he'd have to find something to do even if it's a greeter at Walmart.

I know you all think I am a shop a holic, well I did some more today. Come to find out the hospital is very near a very nice mall. Who knew??? And they had a Loft there and all the clearance stuff was 30% more off and for an extra discount today another 30% on top of that. Who can resist a deal like that? Not I!! Besides it's my anniversary and I'm all alone. LOL

Great...hey...shop til you drop! I always figure if it is in the budget, fine and dandy. A really good deal is hard for me to pass up. But what is even tougher for me is paying huge prices for something that I know will be at a really good sale price a few months down the road. I do a lot of "out of season" shopping and have closets full of good deals and plenty of clothes. Shopping is a great past time if what a person spends does not put the budget behind.

I assumed the test you were having is where they would go down with the tube. Happy to hear it was just the swallow test and that things look good.

Really don't have an answer to the questions as to why it is called tiling. Think it might have to do with the fact that many years ago round concrete (about 12" circular) were used and placed in the ground end to end. You got me on that one!

Busy day so far but minimal running to the field. Only spent about an hour. Helping DS in the yard. Getting machinery ready to go to another field for tiling.

Did some experimenting today with making a Protein Shake. I picked up a few chocolate Pure Pro ready made shakes. Added ice and a tsp of dry instant coffee crystals. Put in blender. Yum. But, shakes seem to keep me really full and have a tough time getting in cals the rest of the day. Think they will be my evening treat during the summer. Went on Amazon and ordered the banana and vanilla flavors.

Linda - Happy, happy b'day.

Lori - Happy Anniversary to you and DH. Hope upper GI test went smoothly with positive results.

Julie - loved the pictures and girls do look like sisters. Hope you slept well last night.

Karen - loved the description of the farming techniques. I'm a city girl - thru and thru - and have no idea how to grow anything.

Had second fill today and discussed my desire to proceed slowly. Had 1.5 cc first fill and another 1 cc today. So nice that he will work at my comfort level.

Jewell - your new home is so exciting. Doing things "your way" makes life calmer and more stress free. It was such a challenge to make the move happen, and you did it.

I feel so blessed to have such a support group.

Joyce

OKay girls.........those of you who wanted to be on the personal informational sheet about some of us......Linda's birthday is tomorrow, I do believe... At least that is what she told me and what I wrote down, unless I made a mistake..... So, Happy Birthday tomorrow, Linda........ It's the same day as my DIL who loves me so much.............NOT!!!!! I did send her a card, though, so she should get it and throw it away tomorrow...... do I sound bitter??? Yup!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LORI!

Apples love the farm pics. My dad was raised on a farm in East Texas. Many of my relatives are or were farmers........mainly cotton. As for me, I helped my kids raise pigs for the county fair and we did have a vegetable garden.

Well, I am back from my nutrition class. I lost just one lb. I only ate 650 calories that last couple of days. She said that throws your body into starvation mode and you won't lose. Okay, I will drink all four shakes a day from now on. i am sure it didn't help that I went off plan this past weekend and ate beef. Lesson learned.

Julie...as I stated this morning...it's OK that Janet jumped in a day early. This way Linda gets 2 days worth of greeting. She's very special so that's just what she will get!!!! But, thanks for the reminder. BTW...it's so nice having that list you did for us.

Arlene...1lb lost is better than 1lb gained. You are doing great!

Great job on the loss Arlene!

I shop the same way, Apples, many of the things I got today were 'off season' they were 60% off. But as cold as I usually am, I can wear sweaters year round.

I was just talking with my son about ipods and itouches, I might get me an early bday present. LOL Not sure how much I would use one or not, costco had some good prices on them. My new car has an outlet for an Ipod and thought it would be great to listen to in the car. And if I got the Itouch to play games on the airplane and stuff. Just what I need a gadget, I have a hard enough time with my computer and cell phone.

Goodness, we are getting a hail storm, just started as I was typing this. Small hail hope it stays that way

Good evening ladies~

Arlene~congrats on the 1 lb! You are doing great. Yeah, may need to bump up the calories just a bit- sounds a little low even for a physician supervised plan.

Apples~You made one little boy soooo happy with those pics today! He was asking me a million questions about each part..LOL. Thanks for posting them. Love the sun room too! Looks so warm and inviting.

Linda~Happy birthday!!!!!!!!

Phyl~Glad you are home safe and sound. : )

I have been having a tough week. TOM's visit has been anything but pleasant. ughhhh. I haven't been able to go to the gym or much of anything else. Even grocery shopping is risky. Unpredictable and frustrating. But still will take this over hysterectomy right now. Hoping the cravings and Fluid retention will let up in a few days. I purposely haven't stepped on the scale this week.

We decided to go to NC for Mother's Day. : ) We are going to drive instead of fly. We want to try and go to the NC mountains one night while we are there and will pop over to Orlando on the way back for a quick Disney fix. I don't really like the drive but DH wants to drive. He usually gives his annual "donation" to the SC highway patrol when we go through..LOL. We'll see what happens this trip!

Happy Earth Day! PEAS on earth! peasout.. Laura

Laura...been wondering where you were at. Your TOM issues do not sound like a lot of fun. All that goes with that is 7 yrs behind me. I was pretty lucky and no complaints in that dept.

Happy I could make Nels happy. Sorry if you had to answer a lot of questions. Funny, when I was posting the photos, I knew I'd better post some descriptions for Nels. Knew he would want to know.

Apples, thanks for the pics of the farm...it's interesting and a lot of work. I bet the "tiling" is left over from the tile duct that was used in the past. We have MTD (multi tile ducts) in the ground between manholes....and yes, it's concrete and fits end to end. That was the conduit technology of the day.

Julie, those little girls are cute. Do they get along? It should be interesting watching those two grow up together.

Arlene, yeah on the pound!

Janet, no worries on the drive....it is a long one.

Lori, glad your test went well. You are pretty amazing with the bargains. I'm still not in shopping mode but will probably have to buy some short pants as I don't have too many that fit anymore. No I'm not losing weight, but hopefully I am building some muscle which is sadly non-existent.

Phyl....interesting book collection. Do you do book trading at your RV park? Too bad you aren't in the neighborhood this weekend, you might like the purse party I'm having. Very interesting purses.

Laura, so sorry you are feeling bad....I haven't had those issues in almost 3 years now. You might want to think about having that problem fixed...is it worth going through what you do every time? My girlfriend (who is 57) is still going through really hard crampy periods too. She can't wait to go through menopause. It's just starting for her.

Okay, I'm going from memory and it's not so good tonight. Hi to all of you that I missed.

Have another long day tomorrow, but I'm taking another 1/2 day off Friday (getting younger...and boy do I need it) and getting ready for the party.

Have a great night everyone.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR LINDA (WE LOVE YOU)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Morning All...up at 4am so I can cram as much work in this morning and early afternoon. Meeting a friend from the lake at 4pm so gotta make the most of my time today. Don't want to call and cancel on her if I don't get my work done.

Eva...have a great purse party. So wish I could be there. I would love to see your place and all the interesting things you have done with it. When we were in FL, you described the type of purses (?) with the interchangable outer shell, right?

Janet...it must be busy at work if you are thinking of working on the weekend. Take care and try to find some time to relax.

OK...this is it for my posting today. You all have a great weekend and will talk to you on Monday.

Sending the love!

Quick morning post.

Apples, have fun at the lake. Drive safe and be good! ha ; )

Eva~ Good luck with your party. Sounds fun- hell, I'd come just to eat and drink. ; ) Yeah, the TOM issues are getting fewer and farther between. I haven't had one since Jan- so 3 months. At my physical a few weeks ago he made the nurse do a pregnancy test..LOL (b/c I said I had gained 5 lbs since I had the unfill AND hadn't had a period in 3 mo). I told him I would NOT pay for a pregnancy test. The joke was if it was pos then I would pay. Shook on that deal. LOL.

Earth Day at Nels' school. He has to wear a shirt that has something to do with peace. OMW... his shirt is like 2 inches short and showing his belly button!!! How did he grow so fast?! He grew out of 4 pairs of shoes too. Had blisters after PE on Monday! Where was I when he had this growth spurt?! Makes me sad that he is growing up. Part of me wants to keep him little forever. : (

peasout..Laura