Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet...misunderstanding...I started 6 mo pre-op diet Nov, 2007, dropped a little over 50# on that diet, was banded June 17, 2008. On Tuesday of this week I had 4# to get to my goal of 100# lost. I had surgery on Tuesday and when I got home, I had gained 7#. My stomach is quite swollen so I am sure that extra weight will come off within the next few weeks.

No worries about me being anorexic. I am one the likes to get all three meals in, I pay attention to nutrition and love feeling healthy.

Well call me blond and confused - for which I am both at times :)

Ok (now I won't remember this tomorow but i think i got it) 50 lbs on preop and 46 lb since June 08 (the 7lbs gain from surgery doesn't count really - it's your body healing)- I think what confussed me was you said surgery- what did you have surgery for recently -nothing bad I hope.,

When I had LB surgery surgeon noticed that I had some hernias. One had been repaired 4 yrs ago but the mesh was wadded up and giving me trouble for the entire 4 yrs. He went in and repaired the hernias and cut away some adhesions.

I can see where you got confused. Too much info on me in a short time frame! I love this thread...going to stick around

When I had LB surgery surgeon noticed that I had some hernias. One had been repaired 4 yrs ago but the mesh was wadded up and giving me trouble for the entire 4 yrs. He went in and repaired the hernias and cut away some adhesions.

I can see where you got confused. Too much info on me in a short time frame! I love this thread...going to stick around

Well it would help if I slowed down too - Glad to hear you are sticking around :) - Glad your surgery wasn't something worse - and that you are on the mend...

Thanks for responding with those things I have to look forward to, like energy!! Can't wait for that - I'm 55 and have been feeling like 65 and have had knee pain constantly. Started out at 209 and am 197 after 9 days. Can't wait to drop a size! But most of all, I'm hoping that losing the weight will make me feel like 40 again! Hope you're feeling better from you surgery. I'm new to this LBT and still have to figure all the links out and how you get back to seeing the messages you receive. Luckily they send it to your home e-mail or I wouldn't have know I got a response. I'll get it, but I'm a newbie!! Take care, Helen

Hi everyone, hope this finds you all doing well. I haven't been online much due to we found out we were expecting our second child. Well, we lost the baby the other night, and I will start to get back on my weight loss journey next week. Just taking a few days to rest and get better. I was wondering why I wasn't losing weight a few months ago.... Gotta run for now, but hope to be able to check in every day again.

Gail

Gail, so sorry for your loss.

OMG my post disappeared again !!!!

Energy - I have tons of it - I feel 10 yrs younger - I am no longer sleeping my weekends away - and look forward to my Saturday morning workouts

(it's when I get to go in the morning instead of afterwork lwhen I am tired - but still go:tongue:)

You all are so funny with your QVC, TJ Maxx, Fashion Bug ... It really made me smile reading all the excitement. I hate to shop!

Congrats to all the weight loss gals! What a great accomplishment. Like Ellen, mine is coming off a little slower. I'm not worried though. I know it is a process.

Have a good weekend everyone -

- Kathy

You all are so funny with your QVC, TJ Maxx, Fashion Bug ... It really made me smile reading all the excitement. I hate to shop!

Congrats to all the weight loss gals! What a great accomplishment. Like Ellen, mine is coming off a little slower. I'm not worried though. I know it is a process.

Have a good weekend everyone -

- Kathy

Kathy

What's important is that it is comming off and not how fast..

Well, I just got back from the gym - 2 miles on the treadmill and 1 mile on the eliptical - It sorta bothers my knee - but not to bad - I thought I would mix it up a little this morning - My Ipod flaked on me (battery) so my 3 miles were a little tougher due to no music - listen to the tv at the gym - but it's not the same - I like to groove to my music...

Well off to the shower - bowling today for a local charity... Lets see if I do better than last yr - I think I'm like 60-75 lbs lighter - maybe my bowling will improve some :smile:

CBL :angry:

Thanks everyone, I am doing okay Janet, just a little tired because I have been doing a little too much. I was suppose to have bed rest for 2-3 days, but just laying in bed wasn't helping because it just lets your mind focus on the loss. I am definitely not looking forward to what my surgeon is going to say. I'm sure he's going to say it was due to the lap band some how, but I have a history of miscarriages over the past 18 years of my marriage. I am blessed that I have my 27 month old son, so I am giving him all my attention right now and that helps. I am also going to look into changing surgeons and see if that helps me some. I am going to start back on my weight loss journey slowly starting next week. I definitely will be around much more on here. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Gail

Thanks everyone, I am doing okay Janet, just a little tired because I have been doing a little too much. I was suppose to have bed rest for 2-3 days, but just laying in bed wasn't helping because it just lets your mind focus on the loss. I am definitely not looking forward to what my surgeon is going to say. I'm sure he's going to say it was due to the lap band some how, but I have a history of miscarriages over the past 18 years of my marriage. I am blessed that I have my 27 month old son, so I am giving him all my attention right now and that helps. I am also going to look into changing surgeons and see if that helps me some. I am going to start back on my weight loss journey slowly starting next week. I definitely will be around much more on here. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Gail

Gail

Darling your band had nothing to do with your miscarriage - Please don't think this is your fault.. It wasn't a viable pregancy - as you say you have a history of them - so that in it's self is proof that it's not due to your band..

You have been blessed with you Son - enjoy him - put your energy into him

Heck I was a grandma at the age you had your son :smile2:

I was 36 when my GS was born - I had the energy then - but now having a teenager at 53 can be a little taxings - but I think cuz I have done it once already with my DS... :crying:

Get your rest - don't over do it - let your body recover - eating healthy will help your body recover... I can't imagine how you feel - but my heart hurts for your loss - Prayers being said..

Hugs Janet

Well gang - My bowling still sucks :smile2: my 1st round score was like 33 - second game 54 - I faulted twice (my big feet) :crying: But had fun - heck my teams score was like 154 - so I wasn't the only bad one... We had 5 teams - one girl had 4 or 5 strikes in a row :lost1lbs:

Well, that's about it for my day - had lunch there -chicken - a little Pasta salad and 1/2 piece of cake.. Came home took a nap (I think the Pasta & cake did it :rolleyes:) clean the kitchen - have wash in the washer and now cking in..

Hope you are all having a Good Saturday....

Will ck back later :myscared:

Hi everyone tonight (Sunday). How was everyones weekend. Mine was pretty good. I walked Saturday but not today. Yesterday I was off track on my food. I had coffee and Unjury Protein with milk for B, went to lunch at Steak and shake with my daughter. Well i started to order steakburger (no bun) and salad but I got sidetracked. I got a chilli mac instead. So calorie wise I didn't have much room left for the rest of the day. I ate the whole thing and could have eaten more. Last night I had pudding, orange and thats it. I tried to not be too bad. It seems like I am able to eat more and more again. I don't go to the Dr. until next Tuesday (14Th) so I have a few days to go. I sure hope I get a little more restriction than I have had, especially with the Holidays coming ya know. I am still loosing but it is alot slower now. Hope everyone is doing good tonight.

BeckyO_

Hi everyone tonight (Sunday). How was everyones weekend. Mine was pretty good. I walked Saturday but not today. Yesterday I was off track on my food. I had coffee and Unjury Protein with milk for B, went to lunch at Steak and shake with my daughter. Well i started to order steakburger (no bun) and salad but I got sidetracked. I got a chilli mac instead. So calorie wise I didn't have much room left for the rest of the day. I ate the whole thing and could have eaten more. Last night I had pudding, orange and thats it. I tried to not be too bad. It seems like I am able to eat more and more again. I don't go to the Dr. until next Tuesday (14Th) so I have a few days to go. I sure hope I get a little more restriction than I have had, especially with the Holidays coming ya know. I am still loosing but it is alot slower now. Hope everyone is doing good tonight.

BeckyO_

Well, I had a challenging weekend. I went to a bakery, bought a b-day cake for my mother and a cupcake for me. So, I ate that on saturday, then went to a wedding , but did not overeat or eat cake. Today, had a birthday party for my mother and I did eat cake. I am not going to weigh till thursday. I just need a few days to get back on track. Those "special days" come and go. It is just life, so I have to compensate for those days by cutting down on the carbs and eating more protein. I want to lose 3 lbs this week. It may sound like a lofty goal, but I am up for it. Thanks to all of you for the support. I couldn't go through this journey without support.:tt2:

Well, I had a challenging weekend. I went to a bakery, bought a b-day cake for my mother and a cupcake for me. So, I ate that on saturday, then went to a wedding , but did not overeat or eat cake. Today, had a birthday party for my mother and I did eat cake. I am not going to weigh till thursday. I just need a few days to get back on track. Those "special days" come and go. It is just life, so I have to compensate for those days by cutting down on the carbs and eating more Protein. I want to lose 3 lbs this week. It may sound like a lofty goal, but I am up for it. Thanks to all of you for the support. I couldn't go through this journey without support.:tt2:

Must be the weekend for birthdays, I just got home from a party for my FIL. They had cake, pies, ice cream and some apple crisp. It all looked good. but I came away with half a hamburger patty, a spoon of baked Beans and some chips. My weakness is chips. I could turn down all those sweets but not the darn chips. But tomorrow is another day! I'd love to lose 3 this week too, but think I am going to be sitting still for a bit, I always do after having a good loss. Special days come and go, it's what we do the rest of the days that matters most.

So many things happening here, I don't know where to begin.

First: Gail, I am so sorry for your loss. My daughter, now 35, is an only child and she was my 5th pregnancy. Sadly there are women who are prone to miscarriages and we are some of them. There are things at play here for you OTHER than the lap band. I have a wonderful friend who gave birth while she was banded. I am sure that there are many stories like hers. As you said, this pregnancy was not viable. Please rest and be well. I bet there are good things in store for you.

Next: LORI, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 70 POUNDS!!!! You have to feel absolutely amazing. I am so happy for you. I wish I could see you, since I knew what you once looked like. I do miss you so much. I'm still trying to find a support group in my area, but so far I haven't had much luck. I just can't travel all the way to Cedars every week, what with taking care of my parents and my grandchild.

I did make myself a promise, however. I have a friend who is now suffering from empty nest syndrome. Well, sort of empty nest syndrome. Her mother-in-law came to live with her, but she fortunately has full time help. Well, this friend said that now that her three daughters are off to college, med-school, etc. that she was going to take care of herself!!!! She started going to the gym 3 hours a day. Now there is no way I am going anywhere for 3 hours a day, but she made me think that if I don't decide NOW that it's time for me, that I never will. Soooooooooooo, it's time for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am signing off and going for a walk!

I love you all.

Ellen