Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good evening.

Janet, I didn't remember reading about the 119 but then thought I missed it in my 'skimming' when I got home and didn't want to miss out on congratulating you. LOL That seemed a little low especially with you already in size 2's.

Laura, what a few days you've had. Hope you don't have to continue your affair with the repairman any longer. Was he cute? LOL

Jodi, sounds like your little girl is growing up. Hold on you are in for a wild ride! LOL Enjoy your weekend.

Hi everyone, sorry for not posting more today, but I'm just not feeling well.....especially tonight... I have a headache and my jaws hurt..... Like I'm clenching my teeth.... Need to sleep.... I read all the posts and caught up on everyone... you all take care and I'll try to visit more in the morning.... Sweet dreams... Julie

Good Morning Gang

I skim alot to at time's especially if I have a lot to catch up on ;0) - Lori - I'm a size 4 not 2 - yep i have a couple 2's but I am a solid 4 99.9% of the time and I wouldn't want to get any smaller really - would like the excess skin gone but am happy where I am at..

Also on those days that I do look in the mirror - and see a fat person - I say to my self how in the hell can you be fat you are a size 4 so forget about it...

So next time you say that to yourself say hell I'm not fat I'm wearing a size 10 - no way is a size 10 fat.. That should help - I really do practice that - Phyl is the one who helped get me there (a while back I said something about looking fat - she said ya right Janet you are a 4 and you don't look fat) so I keep that in my head..

Laura ;0) Ya maybe they should make car seats weigh you ;0) might be a good incentive for some lol - that would be too funny - I would turn the damn thing off ;0)..

Hugs on all the repair stuff - that kind of stuff gets to me...

Jodi - You drive in the city - I though NY was to hard to drive in that most pple walked or take taxi's - that parking is hard to find and the traffic - WTG on walking - Hope this dating guy is a keeper - that would be nice..

Julie - Hugs - hope you got some rest

Melissa Hope you are feeling better

Charlene - Great new on blood test - yes hoping that baby comes soon ;0)

Jessica - Enjoy the last holiday at the beach - Jake doesn't go out far enough to get bit my a shark ;0)

Joyce - I agree that some pple think or should I say convince themselves that being fat is ok - I know I did - I said this is the way I am take it or leave it - but was I really happy - no.. But it was more about the health issues for me - and what I couldn't and could do - maybe the age thing had something to do with it - at 52 you just don't have the energy of a 30 yrs old - especially if you are morbidly obese - but I have thin friends my age and they could do so much more than me - that and the grandkids are the reason - I had wls - I just wanted to improve the quaility of my life and hopefully add a couple years - the whole look and size thing is iceing on the cake - don't get me wrong I love it - but being able to go to the gym for 2 hrs - is what I really love - that I can leg press 500 lbs - that I have muscles in my arms - I can do a push up.. I am so much healthier than I was 3 yrs ago and so much stronger..

Well Gang - gotta jump in the shower - cbl

TGIF !!

Leaving for the airport in a minute to pick up DD this morning, then this afternooon a friend from Denver. Girls weekend! DH is leaving for Colorado and elk/deer hunting.

Janet, I will practice saying that. Sorry thought you were a 2 but heck 4 is great too. I am like you on sizes though not the same size. I'm a 12 and have some 10's (heck even an 8 but it's tight now) but a solid 12 and that's not morbidly obese either. So I will practice saying I can't be fat, I am a 12.

Julie, I am taking it you had a good nights sleep last night without pain, at least I am hoping so, since there was no middle of the night post from you.

Hi girls~

OK.. let's get this straight about the repairman. Think Mr. Bean. (are you laughing yet?) This guy was a goofy, skinny, talked with a lisp and he had Mr. Bean type eyes. Well, Tuesday he said the reason for the lint in the dryer was the vent. The lint caused the thing to squeak. Chimney sweep guy (who was here 4 mo ago) came right away- Think Tom Selleck as a retired fireman- it was NOT the vent. He cleaned it (not me:blushing:) clean as a whistle..LOL. Now Bean has to come back to replace the pulley, but has to order it. My pool repairman, oh God, think, a Cuban looking Dom deluise, butt crack and all. Now, my UPS guys is hot. I do a LOT of my shopping online..LOL.

That reminds me of a story. During one of my major weight loss attempts I was admitted to Duke University Diet and Fitness Center for a month. (gift from my parents for finishing nursing school.)

About Duke Diet & Fitness Center - Duke Diet & Fitness Center - DukeHealth.org

While I was there, Dom Deluise was there! We stay in individual condos but it is more like a dorm house with corridors. After 3 days of 1000 calories he called Dominos and ordered 60 pizzas- one to be delivered at each door. We thought it was a "test" from the staff. He almost got kicked out for that stunt. I remember losing 30+ lbs that first month and thinking I had this THING licked. Oh, I lost weight and stayed on plan for 3 months. Then started gradschool and that was all she wrote.

Jessica~ I hear you on the stress of the first week of our sons being at school. I honestly think it is harder on us than them. Nelson is being a trooper. This week the teacher is doing "evaluations" to see at what level each kid is reading/writing/math- She said Nelson KNEW all the words but was obviously nervous and moved around in his seat, played with a pencil, and looked around. She knew he came from a Montessori environment where they don't have desks or tables- and is giving him time to adjust. Jodi, you are right about the volunteering. I have quickly learned that in public school it is different. None of the other mothers signed up to volunteer, so I am IT. I am the class mom and will do the reading day as well. I know that I will get to see my child in the classroom AND that the teacher knows I am plugged in and interested. And somehow that does trickle down (or back) to Nelson. I will continue even with starting work PT. Jessica, how is the bowel stuff going?

Jodi~ Love your story of walking behind Dassi and her friend on the way to pizza. I love being a fly on the wall when I can. I wish I lived in a city where we could walk places. The burbs are for the birds for that! ; )

Julie~ hope you are feeling better. Jaw pain is horrible on top of the pain you already are on.

Janet~ You are right. Nothing can replace the feeling of strength. I know for me when my trainer did the before/after strength testing, I was amazed at how strong I got in a short amt of time. Can you imagine if they had scales in car seats. Try to start the car and the speaker says "get your butt to the gym!"

Lori~ Enjoy your time with your DD. Sounds like a much more enjoyable time than the hunting weekend.

Phyllser~ LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos on FB. I am not so fond of zoey's new do. I like her fluffy. But I am sure there is less hair and z feels better. And preg test was not wrong. It came in a pack of 3- did 2 of them..LOL. Save the 3rd for a rainy day.

My Brazilian goddesses are coming today. It's been a month!!! House needs a good head to toe cleaning! I do the usual stuff but we have high ceilings and I HATE ladders. So, I need to go clean and pick up for the cleaning girls.LOL. (At least clear a path). It makes me file/scan papers, etc... so things won't get lost. DH is on call all weekend, so need to recharge my batteries and keep charging on! I have the utmost respect for single parents. I don't know how they do it day in and day out by themselves. Don't get me wrong- I love my kid to pieces, but everyone needs a break once in a while. : )

ok guys. TGIF. Will CBL.....peasout.. Laura

Good Morning,

Well, Lori, you guessed pretty correctly.... I did go strainght to bed after I posted..... Took some Tylenol and put a cold cloth on my forehead and fell asleep until 4:30 when I got up to the bathroom and then went back until 8:30...... I think my problem is some spider bites I got a few days ago....One on my right wrist and then up about 3 inches on my forearm..... they are incredibly itching and are red and inflammed... Kinda driving me crazy.... they should start improving soon I would think.. Have fun with your girls weekend..... CO has a hunting season this early?? Ours dono't start until later.... Birds first and then deer and such later on..... My DH sort of gave up hunting after his best friend's COPD got too bad for him to enjoy it.... How is DD feeling these days??? Must be starting to look pregnant by this time.... Fun times for you... enjoy.....

Janet, you are so petite that 4 or 2 look very good on you... I, on the other hand am not small.... I'd look dead in a 4 or 3..... I have some 18-20 in pants but mostly just keep wearing the 22's.......they are nice and comfortable.... Most of my shirts are an 18-20, but it depends on the cut and style.... I would be very happy with a 14 or even 16...... Don't even think about it much these days... Spend too much time dwelling on my pain...

Phyll, good to hear from you... Sounds like you have a full schedule.... Is this the wedding weekend????? Have a great time..... Next year maybe we can plan a few days so I can take you to Minot and such.... Would be fun.....

Jodi, enjoy your time with Dassi getting ready for school..... If's she's like most girls her age she will be very into the current styles and know exactly what she wants...... Summer is coming to an end pretty fast around here.... Your last days on Fire Island should be great...

Jessica, sounds like you are getting into a routine already... I think that's great for both you and Jake.. Take care and keep up the good work on you 5k training..

Linda, how is Merry today???

Cheri, how is school going ? Are you bogged down already?? Take is easy...

Arlene will get those recipes in the mail today I hope... Hope that baby comes soon.... I'm sure you are so anxious.. We'll be looking forward to pictures....

Laura, the weekend is here..... do you have big plans for your first grader??? have fun.... Sorry you had such a bad week, but just think, you got it all over with in a short time.... should be clear sailing from here on out...

Judy, what's up???

Laura K, Hope you and BF have a good weekend, too... Going out to the Water again???

Joyce, how are you doing today.... +

Eva, I'm sure you have a project lined up for the weekend.... take some time to rest, too....

Gwen is still out there having fun I guess.....

Apples should be enjoying the lake again... She didn't say anything about dentist this week so about time she had a break from pain, too...

Melissa, are you feeling any better today?? Hope so...

Well, this is about enough of this typing... My one cat just won't stay away from my hands..It's hard to type with a cat trying to get you to pet her all the time.... Now she is drinking from my water glass... just being al little pest today............ Must bake a bit today.... DF has a birthday tomorrow and he doesn't like cake, so am making him apple bars....at his request.... So, off I go.... You all have a great weekend, sorry if I missed anyone.... not purposely.... Hugs and prayers to all................. Julie

Good Morning,

Well, Lori, you guessed pretty correctly.... I did go strainght to bed after I posted..... Took some Tylenol and put a cold cloth on my forehead and fell asleep until 4:30 when I got up to the bathroom and then went back until 8:30...... I think my problem is some spider bites I got a few days ago....One on my right wrist and then up about 3 inches on my forearm..... they are incredibly itching and are red and inflammed... Kinda driving me crazy.... they should start improving soon I would think.. Have fun with your girls weekend..... CO has a hunting season this early?? Ours dono't start until later.... Birds first and then deer and such later on..... My DH sort of gave up hunting after his best friend's COPD got too bad for him to enjoy it.... How is DD feeling these days??? Must be starting to look pregnant by this time.... Fun times for you... enjoy.....

Janet, you are so petite that 4 or 2 look very good on you... I, on the other hand am not small.... I'd look dead in a 4 or 3..... I have some 18-20 in pants but mostly just keep wearing the 22's.......they are nice and comfortable.... Most of my shirts are an 18-20, but it depends on the cut and style.... I would be very happy with a 14 or even 16...... Don't even think about it much these days... Spend too much time dwelling on my pain...

Phyll, good to hear from you... Sounds like you have a full schedule.... Is this the wedding weekend????? Have a great time..... Next year maybe we can plan a few days so I can take you to Minot and such.... Would be fun.....

Jodi, enjoy your time with Dassi getting ready for school..... If's she's like most girls her age she will be very into the current styles and know exactly what she wants...... Summer is coming to an end pretty fast around here.... Your last days on Fire Island should be great...

Jessica, sounds like you are getting into a routine already... I think that's great for both you and Jake.. Take care and keep up the good work on you 5k training..

Linda, how is Merry today???

Cheri, how is school going ? Are you bogged down already?? Take is easy...

Arlene will get those recipes in the mail today I hope... Hope that baby comes soon.... I'm sure you are so anxious.. We'll be looking forward to pictures....

Laura, the weekend is here..... do you have big plans for your first grader??? have fun.... Sorry you had such a bad week, but just think, you got it all over with in a short time.... should be clear sailing from here on out...

Judy, what's up???

Laura K, Hope you and BF have a good weekend, too... Going out to the Water again???

Joyce, how are you doing today.... +

Eva, I'm sure you have a project lined up for the weekend.... take some time to rest, too....

Gwen is still out there having fun I guess.....

Apples should be enjoying the lake again... She didn't say anything about dentist this week so about time she had a break from pain, too...

Melissa, are you feeling any better today?? Hope so...

Well, this is about enough of this typing... My one cat just won't stay away from my hands..It's hard to type with a cat trying to get you to pet her all the time.... Now she is drinking from my Water glass... just being al little pest today............ Must bake a bit today.... DF has a birthday tomorrow and he doesn't like cake, so am making him apple bars....at his request.... So, off I go.... You all have a great weekend, sorry if I missed anyone.... not purposely.... Hugs and prayers to all................. Julie

Hi gang! I know this is lazy, but ditto on everything Julie said. Julie, you may bed hurtin......but it doesn't effect your memory. You definitely don't have CRS. Thanks so much for the recipes. Jakob is coming tonight so we might have to practice. Between your bar recipes, Apples's cake recipe, and my cookie recipes we will come up with a blue ribbon entry. Jakob loves to cook. We made fudge a few weeks ago. He did it himself. I just had to tell him what and when.

Laura, I don't know one person that doesn't clean before the cleaners come to clean. My DH says that is crazy, but I straighten so they can concentrate on the stuff like floors, furniture, and yes, fans that are too high.

No baby yet, We are going to meet DGD's Mommy's Day Out teacher. The doctor is out today. She told Kelly not to go into labor until after today. lol

Okay peeps, Have a great weekend! I will be checking in!

Laura - sending hugs. You have your hands full with all the issues and repairs. Breathe deeply and take some quiet time for yourself.

Jessica - Cheri had the perfect solution to beach day with in-laws. Wish I could join you.

Laura - loved the description of all the service/repair men at your house. And the story about Dom DeLuise having pizza delivered to the wl hospital. What a riot.

Julie - so sorry for the ordeal you are going thru with the pain. We are all eager for an answer and solution for you. Surrounding you with love.

Hope Melissa is feeling better today.

Hey all - I am still feeling poopy. I feel so out of breath today but hanging in there taking my meds drinking my liquids and eating Soup, yogurt, posicles, and pudding. Other than that things are going well.

No job opps yet but applying away at different places. I guess it is good cause who wants to show up to interview sick.

Well I will check back in later - :biggrin:

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading, but no time for posting the past few days. This is our busiest time of the year at work, so super busy every day.

My little Merry is doing really great -- today when I was home for lunch she jumped up on the couch - she ran up the stairs this morning and she's been going down the stairs by herself since Wednesday. So for right now she's almost back to normal - she hasn't tried to run much but I'm sure she will soon. We are happy we made this decision. She's had a good appetite since the surgery and her bandage comes off tomorrow. Things are good with her. Thanks for all your prayers, good wishes, concerns, etc. I'm sure it all aided in her healing process - I felt the love and I'm sure she did as well.

Apples, you are too funny -- the cake recipes sounded good, don't delete them. Hope you're enjoying the lake - I can't wait until I retire to relax a bit and enjoy some books and quiet time. Sounds so wonderful right now. Hope your arm is doing good and pain is better. Loved, loved loved that wedding picture - you were so elegant and DH so handsome!! Wow, what a good looking couple!!

Julie, hope you have a restful weekend - your bars and Cookies for the wedding sound so good - you must have a huge freezer - I used to bake a lot at Christmas and I'd have to clear out the entire freezer to fit it all in. How's Mimi doing in school? My Aylah starts preschool next Tuesday and she has a homework assignment she and I have to work on this weekend - they gave us a cut out of a person and we have to decorate it to be Aylah -- show her personality, etc. It will be fun to do with her -- she's very creative already and has definite ideas about what she wants and what colors, etc. She's very fussy about her clothes, etc. -- honestly it's like she's 14 already.

Janet, I was laughing so hard at the 119 and the car weighing you - thank God they can't weigh us - imagine our weight being posted in plain view of everyone in our car!! Oh wait, maybe we wouldn't have gotten so obese if it was posted for all to see. LOL. Funny. Thanks for your concern about Merry - but honestly, now that's it's over it's such a huge relief and I can attest that it was the right thing to do - and I would recommend anyone else to do the same thing -- she is my happy little sweetie again.

Laura, sorry to hear about all your repairs happening all at once!! That's the way it always goes. LOL on your repairman descriptions -- too funny. Great story about Dom -- loved that -- did you eat your pizza? Did anyone get to eat their pizza? Wonder what they did with them - hopefully donated them to a shelter or somewhere. LOL. I bet Nelson won't forget to unplug the pool vaccuum first next time. That's an expensive lesson though. Glad you made it through the first week of school -- you'll always remember this first week.

Jodi, I hope the "nice" guy is a keeper - sounds intriguing. You are such a wonderful mom -- you and Dassi will always have a great relationship -- she's a lucky girl to have you as her mom.

Cheri, how are you? Hopefully not too exhausted from this first week of school -- enjoy your weekend.

Jessica and Laura, I'm so happy you are both volunteering and it will be very helpful for you and your sons -- I was able to volunteer when my step kids were in grade school. I was only able to do it for just one year, but I really got to know everyone at the school and being "known" by principal and staff was very helpful to both me and the kids and that lasted throughout the entire time they were in that school. Hope you have fun at the beach with Jake -- he'll have a blast for sure -- relax and enjoy. Take a nice long walk on the beach - it's great exercise. Leave Jake with in-laws and take some time for just you.

Lori, hope you and DD are enjoying yourselves -- you are most likely buying some "baby" stuff I bet. I would think it would be so hot for hunting -- they must do it very early in the morning at high altitudes? And Lori, you are NOT fat - no way -- we'll work on this next month in Vegas -- I have some of the same issues -- but because we're not at smaller sizes I think it's harder for us -- I'm still wearing 14s and just getting into 12 pants and when I was this weight before I wore size 8s so I'm feeling "fat" although I know in my heart I'm not. We'll parade (strut) around and ask strangers what they think in Vegas - afterall we'll never see them again. LOL.

LauraK, hope you have a great weekend with BF -- glad you and he are working it out -- you deserve to be happy, happy, happy!! Any news from your DD? Hope she's doing okay.

Judy, how's your puppy -- I hope all is well - enjoy it -- you deserve love and happiness too -- who cares about AGE? You're as old as you feel -- so maybe you are younger than him in many ways. Just relax and forget everything else and have some fun. My DM had lots of fun - she used to say her real life didn't begin until she was in her mid-50s and she enjoyed herself most during those years (she always had lots and lots of BFs). LOL. Thanks again for all the encouragement and support during my tramatic decision about Merry -- I appreciated it very very much.

Joyce, you are doing great -- one day at a time -- did you get a fill? I'm having CRS and can't remember -- hope it puts you at your sweet spot.

Charlene, any baby yet? Will be hoping for a quick and painless delivery for your DD and a healthy mamma and baby!! I can't remember - is it a girl or boy or don't you know?

Melissa, hope you are on the mend -- sending healing vibes your way.

Phyl, hope the wedding is beautiful (know it will be). Is Zoey going to be allowed to attend? If so, did you buy her a special outfit for it?

Hope you enjoy your visit with family and have a safe trip back to So. Cal. If you get anywhere close to southern Iowa, let me know.

Eva, hope you have a nice weekend planned and enjoy it.

I did go to Water aerobics this morning. Didn't have a great exercise week this week -- life got in the way more than usual -- still tired out but will hit it hard tomorrow and Sunday. Working 8 to 5 next week so it will be even tougher to get up and go -- maybe I can go at night next week instead as I'll get off earlier - that would work out well I think.

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Charlene, any baby yet? Will be hoping for a quick and painless delivery for your DD and a healthy mamma and baby!! I can't remember - is it a girl or boy or don't you know?

Linda, no baby yet. Her name will be Bethany. We put all her clothes in the drawers today. OMgoodness, I can't believe all the gowns and onesies her big sister had. Some of them were never worn. My DD had a little meltdown today....said she doesn't know how she is going to handle two kids. Young mom's these days have so much information I think it causes more anxiety. She will be fine. I am glad we live close to each other. I hope she goes into labor tomorrow or Sunday.

Well, I got my NB's today. Talk about a toe box! If anyone has trouble finding shoes with a large toe box.......NB 811's are for you. Mind you.....they are not trendy...in fact they are kinda like nursing shoes, but OHHHHH!.......they feel so good on my feet. I have "Happy Feet" !!!

Later Peeps!!!!

Hi all, it's almost 8:30 and I'm still home alone... It's been a long day and even though my pain is bad now, I'm feeling bored or lonely or whatever... DD went to HS football game with friends... DF is just getting home sometime soon from work... Mimi is with my mother and Mom loves every minute... now that she is recovered from her surgery she can handle things again... She finished the big bouquets of altar flowers for the wedding today... One more thing off the list... I think tomorrow I will tackle the programs.... Will try to do them myself and then just take them to the printer.... saves money... Do I sound cheap???? Anyway the wedding stuff is mostly all on target.... I won't start baking cakes until after Mayo..... and oh my goodness am I ready for Mayo... I'm just not feeling well at all the last couple days.. Not really sick but just not good... I need a new lease on life.....

I got my apple bars done today... they turned out guite good considering the apples were so sour... A friends tree came down in the wind and had to do apples before they were ready.... I have a big tree in the backyard and we don't use ours until after the first good frost... so they sweeten up ..... Very good apples.... And I'm out of frozen ones so need to put some up this year... If I'm up to it or course.....

Arlene, the name is so pretty.... I hope the baby likes the schedule you all have picked out..... Now please tell me what are NB shoes...?? I'm not into shoes so don't know what you all are talking about....

Linda, what a good bit of news about your Merry.... She's almost back to her old self.... Maybe better.... I'm sure you will have fun with DGD doing her project for school.... Is she 4 yet.???

Well gals, can't sit here anylonger... Need to try to break up this pain... I know I sound like a broken record.... Sorry you have to put up with it...... Take care and I'll talk to you all later..... Love you.... Julie

Hey Gang - It's hard to read and watch Bella - she ate a little while ago and I know she will have to poop soon... Oh how I hate potting training..

Linda Glad Merry is doing so well - don't remember was it front or back leg..

Melissa - Hope you are feeling better - sounds like you are doing goo on your food

Julie - Hugs - 9/9 or 9/6 - Sept will be here next week..

Charlene - I like Bethany - I wanted Brooke to be Madison - or at least have my middle name - nope her middle name is Jennifer (after my niece) who's middle name is Janette (;0) so I did get someone named after me even if it's spelled diff

Great - Yep every time you think you look fat - say I'm a 12 I;m not moridly obese nor fat - I am normal.. I wouldn't want to be a 2 - don't see 2's too often..

Well I came home from work and needed to take some pictures - I've been approached by a marketing group to be in an ad campaign for LAP-BAND®® - go look on my profile where pple leave messages ..

Well they asked for good quality pictures - I have my little digital and sometimes it takes good pic and sometimes they come out grainy - i don't know why - so I came home and tried on some stuff - decided exercise clothes showed the figure the best - take picture (timer) change clothes - fix hair - omg - I got tired of messing w/it - here's the pic I sent

Laura - LOL I would put that in your car "get your butt to the gym:wub:) Yep it feels good to be healthy..

Well gang I'm pooped - I sorry this isn't more detail but I need to go eat - I have gym at 8 a.m. tomorrow...

Edited by IndioGirl55

Linda, you said everything I would say. It will be fun to see you all in Vegas and deal with body image. I have been busy and too tired to post at night, though I've kept up with the reading. I've been doing the scheduling-no kids yet. I have to look at each teacher's schedule and all the special's schedules and talk to the teachers to find the best times to take the kids. I have to check the kids who enrolled against the list I prepared last spring of kids who were eligible for NCLB and also find out which ones didn't show up who we thought were showing up. I also have to check on any new students who enrolled and check their test scores to see if they qualify. Then I check if they need reading, math, or both. I have to make sure each student receives at least 2 contacts per week for each subject for which they qualify. The lower their scores the more time I try to schedule them for, up to 5 contacts for reading and 5 for math. I do this for over 50 children ranging in grade from kindergarten to 8th. My assistant is only there on Tues and THurs so on those days I have kids from two grade levels for several of the periods. I can make that work because she's there and can take one of the groups.

After I put together the schedule, considering all the variables, I then type it all into a form I designed several years ago that I give to all the teachers. It's color-coded and its easy for them to see which kids have to come to me at which time. Took me three days to put it together.

So my neck has been really wretched by the end of the day.

My niece Olivia came home from the hospital yesterday still hooked up to the EEG. My sister went outside on the trampoline with her and jumped a long time with her. Then they went in and Olivia had a seizure about 15 minutes after and they finally, hopefully, got a good picture of the path of the seizure through the brain. They brought her back to the hospital today to have the electrodes removed and as soon as they got back home, she had another seizure. No warning, she just drops like a stone and has the bruises and cuts to prove it.

Doesn't look like she'll be able to go to school at this rate. However, since she is now enrolled in a public school, they are required to provide home tutoring for her, and that will be a load off my sister's mind. Just keep Olivia and my sister and her family in your prayers. She really is a sweet, gentle kid. It's very hard to see her like this. She came so close to drowning with the seizure she had in the Water. Thank God, the life jacket she had on kept her on the surface, and that Kristi turned around and saw her, and that her big sister, McKenzie heard her mother shouting, turned around, saw her sister, and flipped her over onto her back. Poor McKenzie blamed herself for turning her back on her sister but her mother assured her she'd saved her sister's life. It was McKenzie's big 16th birthday party, and all her friends were at the lake. Then Olivia had two more seizures and ended up in the hospital. What a birthday present for McKenzie!

My sister drove out from TN. Her grown kids are staying with their Dad who is much improved and her PA is covering for her so she could come out and help Kris with Olivia and with laundry and cooking. Unfortunately, with school starting for me on Wednesday, I haven't been able to help.

Well, I'd better get to bed.

Hey Karen, I remember another name besides attending Bedside Baptist-- attending the Church of the Inner Spring.

Hey guys, I'm a size 10/12 also. At 5' 9" I forget how much I tower over many women. I caught sight of myself in a mirror in a public washroom in downtown Chicago and was startled by how large I am. I'm proportionate and didn't look fat--just statuesque. Dutch people tend to come rather large and so do many African-Americans and those are the people I'm around. Heck, my daughter's 5'11" as is my one sister, and my baby sister, Kris, will only admit to 6". My sister's are finer boned than me, and less curvy. But in a major metropolitan area, I had a multi-ethnic group around me and I really stood out. For a second, I still felt fat, but reminded myself that I'm proportionate to my height.

Cheri

Cheri