Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Peas......congrats on the weight loss!

Jodi.....glad you made it home and are resting. Keep up your walking. It really helps the healing.

Okay, I went to see Dr. Davis. I will start on the 23rd. It will be every Tues. for 2 hrs. I will be going through the Beck book and nutrition. I didn't say anything to him, but is feel like I am doing this assbackwards. I should have done this before the band. OH, well, so be it. He examined me and when he pressed on my colon I almost came off the table. He wonders if I have diverticulitis. i don't have any symptoms, but he suggested a ct scan. Boo! I hate drinking that crap! I didn't hurt until he pressed on my abdomen. Anyway, you know what I know. I will be seeing him once a month too. I don't know what is going on , but I have another good friend that was diagnosed with a serious heart condition. She was on the eliptical and her jaws started hurting. She went to a cardiologist and did a stress test. She is scheduled for a heart cath on tuesday and they will put in stints if needed. Wow! So, if you get weird pain up your jaws or serious indigestion......don't ignore it.

Apples, I hope you are better today......HUGS!

Janet, did your headache go away?

Mishay.....welcome!

I hope all of you have a great weekend!

So you are reading the beck book but what nutrition stuff are you reading? I emailed Dr david office to find out if he knows anyone her that has the same type of programme but I still have not heard anything. Sorry about the health issues. To answer your question about assbackwards if you are like me I end up doing everything the backwards LOL

Hi All! With Spring just around the corner thought I'd try a colorful font.

Back on the bandwagon pretty solid right now. Started to show some weight gain after last weekend's birthday party. That Hollandaise Sauce was a killer. Then there were these small cheesecakes....

Then Monday at work there was unbelievable goodies. Someone went to Panera bread and bought all these day old pastries and someone else baked. I can usually say no to pastries but that was the day I found out we're getting audited for compliance with all the NCLB paperwork and recordkeeping. Plus I've been hurting, more this week than the past weeks. My neck is stopping me from being able to walk because just a little bit of arm-swinging irritates it and causes nerve-compression and headaches.

I may go back to the Workman's Comp Dr. and request Toradol which is a powerful antiinflammatory and pain killer. I want to avoid having my neck get so bad I end up needing an epidural. That's what happened a few years ago after a bad fall. I shattered my knuckle and needed surgery but that didn't even hurt compared to my neck. I'm not that bad yet but I need to avoid exercise in order to not aggravate it. But that takes away my biggest mood controller, pain killer, and ADHD therapy--walking. So right now I'm gutting it out with the food and I don't have the exercise to help me. Hard Protein and some veggies. A few nuts and seeds. SF DCaf lattes and Protein Shakes.

Lost two lbs quickly. One to go. But I already notice my pants are tighter, not because of the weight as I'm only a lb over goal, but because of lack of exercise. Amazing how that trims inches. I may have to lose another 5-10 lbs to keep looking as thin as I did. Especially if I really have to limit the exercise from now on.

I must say, that though I can eat around the band, its not comfortable. And the band made it really easy to get back into the groove. As soon as I started filling up with protein first, there wasn't room for much else.

Congratulations to those newly banded and those about to be banded.

Hugs to all those for whom life has taken a difficult turn.

And when gas from sauerkraut has you walking the floors all evening and you can't find a comfortable position, just remember, this too shall pass.

Laughter and love,

Cheri

Hi all and happy Friday evening! I hope everybody is looking forward to the weekend! It is going to be a busy one for us! We have a basketball game, cup stacking tournament, and my step-son's 16th birthday party tomorrow. Oh yeah...and my Aunt's 50th birthday gathering, although I might have to skip that one to get the house ready for a Sweet Sixteen! Thank God he is not driving yet though! :frown:

I worked a twelve hour day today with only a ten minute break for myself. Busy busy busy. But...that meant that I had to work right through boot camp. So now I must make myself head on downstairs and punish myself on the tread climber! then some weights and I won't have to feel guilty for the rest of the weekend!

Why does it seem like the hardest part is always the walk to the machine?? lol

Got a new mattress set last night and the hubby and I slept so well. That is if you don't count the 2am kick to the face by the three year old sleeping upside down between us! But a huge improvement from the old mattress! I will check back after I have done my exercise so I hold myself accountable! If you don't hear from me, I failed during the walk downstairs! :frown:

Hey friends, we got home from our day trip with $311 worth of groceries and a lot of work to put it all away... Some was for DD and Mimi.... I can't turn down good specials when I know they need groceries, too... We shop at the commissary every once in a while... They have good military coupons, but you never know what will be on special.... I just walk the whole place and look for good deals... there were quite a few this time, so we took advantage... DD will be thrilled with her portion.....

We saw the sun today!!!!!!! First time in well over 2 weeks... It was nice to just be out and about with just a jacket and no gloves.... We went to the BX, too and DH got new tennies on a clearance rack....

I'm tired tonight so am not going to try to comment on all the posts, but I'm glad so many seem to be doing well..... Welcome to Mishay..... You'll like it here....I'll be back tomorrow sometime... Have to go to Bismarck with DH early as he is taking one of our older vehicles down to a vehicle auction.... Have to have it there by 9:00..... But have no shopping to do so should be able to come home right after......

Hope to visit more then.... Hugs to all......... Julie

I worked out!! have a good night!

Party's over and was a hit...now I'm tired, but need to wind down a bit.

I'll catch up with the many posts this weekend. Just wanted to say hi.

Eva

Anyway, just wanted to pop in to say that I'm off for the day with DH... We have a day trip planned to Minot and the AF Base... We go to the commissary to shop for groceries once in a while... get all the military discounts and such... Just a nice day out with him... weather is passable.. but still no sun....... So, everyone have a good day, I'm going to spend money!!! Love to all...............Julie

We were stationed at Minot 1974-1975. You probably wouldn't want to hear my "I Hate Minot" song!! LOL!! I bet we wouldn't recognize it now 35 years later! I worked at one of the hospitals in town. We may be coming through ND this summer. Maybe we should take a jog north and see what it looks like now!!

Hi Janet and everyone

I am alomost one month into the pre approval process for a LAP-BAND®. I attended my first seminar last night, I have had two visits via phone with my dietician that I must meet with for 6 months. I have an appointment with the surgeon next wednesday. AND I AM SUPER EXCITED

I have been researching and thinking about the band for almost 5 years and now I am more than ready to make that commitment.

I am so tired of being sick and tired. I feel miserable most of the time. I ache all over. I cant tie my shoes easily. I have sleep apnea, I have pre diabetes. I have metabolic syndrome. I have high cholesterol. I want to feel good. Im only 40. And I feel much much older.

I want buddies to help me through this. I am the only large person in my family and that is very hard sometimes.

Anyone else feel that way?

Hey Mishay...(we visited a little on another thread late yesterday). Welcome and if you are looking for buddies, you have jumped on the right thread. We are a very diverse group of banders in every stage. I am hoping you stick around for support and just so that we can get to know you and follow you along in your LB journey.

I think we have ALL been through what you are going through. Before I made the commitment to a healthier life, I felt like a slug. I could not walk 50' without becoming winded. I was ready to move my laundry room to the main level of the house. I was embarassed to go out in public and have everyone stare at my "back fat". I was heading for a 4x tops and did not even KNOW what size jeans I was in because all I wore were black elastic pants. Etc., etc., etc.,.

21 months out and I feel FANTASTIC. As I told you in the other thread, I feel as if I can run circles around any 19 yr old. And, I run the stairs to and from my laundry room just for the fun of it.

Again, welcome and hope you will stick around for some companionship and support. Preparedness is the key and from what I gather from the other thread you posted in, you have done and are doing your homework. Congrats and looking forward to getting to know you.:frown:

Mishay...was going to mention. I know you addressed your post to Janet and others...she's really good about responding but she was out and about yesterday.

Good morning girls.

Cheri~ uh, not to hurt your spring feelings... but that font is way too bright! I almost had a seizure. ; ) Glad you are back on track.

Julie~ Sounds like you and DH rocked the store! I love bargains. Do you ever buy stuff you don't need b/c it is such a good deal? Did you get any dangerous foods? HUGS on the weather!

Ok guys, time to take the boy to taekwondo, then to art class. TTYL.. peasout... Laura

Just remembered that I never did post my FL meet pics:eek:

Pretty maidens all in a row!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Apples2

First one is part of the FL group

Next two is 2 "old dogs" in hotel room on the loooooong trip home

Last is how we feel about being home in MN and coming back to crap weather:tongue_smilie:

As long as I'm sharing...

DH and buddy at our USA vs. Canada hockey game...first game. Had a big potluck and watched the game outdoors at friend's place. We went to thrift stores and found red/white/blue apparel, hockey sticks and DH cut hockey pucks out of wood. Looked for shin pads but no go. DH used farm magazines to protect himself from angry buddies (we won that game)

1st is me in my USA garb

2nd is the day youngest DS flew in to Daytona for lunch. Went to the Ocean Deck restaurant. One of the only nice days we had with weather.

3rd is bday lunch we had for oldest DS's bday this last Monday and the cake momma made for him:wub: