Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet...........I hope all goes well today. I retired early because the company I worked for closed our department.

Well, that stomach medicine really helped with the spasms. The cool front blew in an no IBS. I still have an appt on Monday with Dr. Davis. I am having a problem eating hard Protein without pbing. I may need a slight unfill.

I hope all my band buddies have a great weekend!

hey there- newly banded on wednesday th 14th. i was told to not start my Protein supplements till post-op day 4. but I feel really weak. i have put a call in to the dr. to see what i can do. other than that I am having some beef or chicken broth and yogurt.....feel pretty good otherwise. any advice?

Hi all, I'm just back from my PT appt's and both said things are coming along... I can tell it's better, just not great yet.... But it was nice to hear that they concur....

Had brunch with a friend and then a little shopping.. Just necessities for the most part.. a little Halloween candy for DH and Mimi..... Of course I may have one of two myself, but it isn't a big problem for me... A nice fresh loaf of bread bothers me way more..... Anyway, gotta get stuff put up before Mimi comes and then we are having friends in for cards tonight... Have to pick up a bit before then and make some supper... Meatloaf, I think... I'm having probems with hard Protein the last few days... Sliders go down just fine, but PB on most any meat.... so I'm going to do meatloaf and see what happens.... Hope all is well at work, Janet... Never fun to worry about what's happening... You all have a good night.... Julie

Hi Linda, nice to see you here again. It is a lot of posting to keep up with. Aren't you glad you had the opportunity to grow up knowing where the food actually comes from? I wasn't skinny even doing all the gardening and stuff.

My Mom did focus on food and she did NOT have any weight problem, but she grew up in Germany and lived there through WWII and knew what it was to be hungry. Her focus was to cook for the family.

Meredith, glad to hear you are feeling better and took a day off. Sometimes you just have to step back, not only for physical health, but for mental health. How's the house thing going? I really hope you get it. Great job on the size 16....gee, I don't think I've ever fit in a 16. Wonder what that would be like. Where in AZ do your DBF's parent's live?

Apples...so that explains your moniker. I have no hips either, just a gut... a very huge stomach. If I didn't have a roll of fat hanging off my lower stomach I wouldn't be able to keep my pants on. I guess I wasn't listening when they handed out waistlines. How you described your weight loss is how I'm losing mine. Face, butt, arms, leggs and a little around the middle. As much cooking as you do, I don't blame you for buying the best appliances you can. I love my KitchenAide. I just bumped up a little and gave my 25+ year old KA to some newlyweds and kept my MIL's bigger newer better one. She doesn't need it anymore so cool, I have a new one now.

Julie, welcome back!! Glad you had a great trip and all was well with your grandkids. Congrats on the 1X shirts. I'm still a long ways from that. You know it's really hard to eat right when you are travelling. I try but seldom succeed. You are not on a normal schedule, people always want to go out to eat, you don't eat when you should, and there are many temptations. Don't worry about and get back to your normal stuff now.

Lori..sorry to hear your Mom gave you grief over the pill thing. My mom had a strange view of certain people too. She waited on my Dad and any man like a slave. She expected me to do the same. When my DH and I were there and he wanted a cup of coffee, she insisted I get it for him. My comment was "his legs aren't broken". I have a hard time getting over that "women must wait on men" thing.

LauraK...sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope she does well with treatment. It's nice you are there for her. Enjoy your vacation day!!

Phyl, sounds like you are keeping very busy. Have fun with the football players. Walking up and down sure uses different muscles than level walking. I live in a hilly area and I can really tell the difference when I walk around here as opposed to doing the river walk (level) at work. Take care of that knee.

Laura, thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Don't worry about how your posts look. Hugs to you and your parents. Sorry Nelson has to go through this new and unusual experience, but he's young and his Daddy is there with him.

Janet....the threat of a pink slip can be stressful, especially at our age. It's not easy to find work sometimes. Do you get a regular retirement at your job? Good for you and the workout. I think the way you eat is actually good because your body doesn't get used to eating the same things every day. One of the diets I was on didn't allow you to eat the same thing more than 2 days in a row.

I find the conversation about mothers and sisters/family interesting. Many of us seemed to have some type of issue with the family. I didn't know my relationship with my Mom was so negative until the last 3 months of her life. I loved my Mom to my core, but I still don't like her right now. I really hope I work through my issues with her because I don't want to go through it again. I guess this is part of life and part of the lessons we are here to learn.

Well I've been writing this post for hours. I read and write some, then go do more chores. I'm just about ready to jump in the shower since most of my chores are done. I got the wedding card done and it came out alright. The colors are brown, copper, and green. It's interesting and actually pretty cool looking. I make a "box" card for weddings and put money in it. The sides of the box open and the sentiment is stamped on the inside. The lid is decorated with floofy stuff (flowers, bows, that sort of thing). The only problem is transporting the thing on the airplane. Don't want to squish it.

I think I'm about ready for takeoff. It will be the first time we ever left the Dallas/Fort Worth airport through the terminal doors. We've flown in and out of there countless times but never have stopped over. Should be an interesting weekend.

I'll check in when I get back....hope everyone has a great weekend.

Eva

Arlene, glad to hear your stomach is feeling better. As for being stiff....well for me that's an everyday thing. I was born stiff.

Globally....welcome. Sorry to hear about the twisted ankle..it's just the pitts having a working routine then getting injured. Hope you find that mall or a good gym for you. Food journalling reaaaaaallllllly helps me.

Hey Gang! Have a GREAT wedding weekend, Eva. Your card sound beautiful. Hope you can get it their without it getting crushed. Have fun!

Alright...I am close to computer illiterit(sp?)....can someone walk me through posting photos on the b/4 and after thread?????????????

Edited by Apples2

Janet...after being at your job for 30 years I don't think you have to worry about a pink slip. I just hate layoffs and what it does to a person. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Julie...good new about the PT....have fun playing cards. I wear cards out playing with my friends at the lake.

Phyll, you are such a go-getter. Never thought you would be as active as you are already. You go girl! Again, safe travels.

Hope you are doing good with your company, Lori.

Laura...thinking of you.

Hi Linda!!!!!!!!!!

hey there- newly banded on wednesday th 14th. i was told to not start my Protein supplements till post-op day 4. but I feel really weak. i have put a call in to the dr. to see what i can do. other than that I am having some beef or chicken broth and yogurt.....feel pretty good otherwise. any advice?

All I can say is do EXACTLY as your doc says. Each doc is different and has a different set of rules to abide by. This process is not an easy fix but, believe me, the months fly by and the lost pounds add up over time. A year from now you are going to be so surprised how time has passed. Fire away with any questions you may have. We have all stages for lapbanders on this thread. There are some that have been banded for quite some time and have great advice and even a kick in the pants once in awhile:tt2:. Dont' be afraid to jump into our group. You will meet a great bunch of lapbanders. Welcome

Thanks so much!!! I called the doc and they said to go ahead and start with Protein supplements. I started drinking one and feel a bit better. I look forward to feeling a bit better each day.....and get further away from the worry that i have that something is wrong....even though i know there isn't. After all its only been 3 days total (including surgery day). Thank you for all your kind words and support. Im sure I will be back for more advice etc. thanks, Leslie

Total zombie from sitting thru so many presentations. Good speaker this morning though. He talked about how resilient people do much better in life. They also live longer. Children with learning disabilities do better if they develop resilience. They need what he calls a "charasmatic" adult in their lives. Someone who believes in them, builds a relationship with them, and works with them to make them acheive success. Inspiring. Kind of what we do for each other on this thread.

Janet...........I hope all goes well today. I retired early because the company I worked for closed our department.

Well, that stomach medicine really helped with the spasms. The cool front blew in an no IBS. I still have an appt on Monday with Dr. Davis. I am having a problem eating hard Protein without pbing. I may need a slight unfill.

I hope all my band buddies have a great weekend!

Glad your stomach medicine is working so well! Excellent!

Yeah, I was "job eliminated" in 2000. I was a precert nurse (RN) for Prudential Healthcare... then they sold out to Aetna, and they decided to consolidate their precert services in Denver. So 13 RNs & LPNs lost their jobs. I couldn't find another job in that arena, knees were too bad for floor work anymore, so after a couple of years I decided I'd go on disability. I really loved that job, but I had to admit it was even hard on my fingers & wrists and I had to wear braces on both hands, so, probably wasn't good to continue even in that field.

Good Morning Gang !!!

Well I hit the gym this morning - Yea Janet - Calories good yesterday but too many carbs - so had to go...

TGIF... We are having a mandatory meeting today - we all are wondering what it's about - I know our premium volumes are way down - I use to handle 8 mil now its 2.8 mil - we wonder if they are going to cut hours or what..

Well hopefully my 30 yrs means I'm not getting a pink slip.. Yesterday was payday and I didn't get called in - so I guess I still have a job - I need to go walk around to see if anyones desk is cleared - I get off at 4 - the office is doesn't close to 4:30 ...Well think I am going to take that walk...

You are amazing... getting up so early and going to the gym before work is so impressive. I do remember when I was working that job I loved so much, that I used to get up at 4:30 a.m. so I had 30 minutes to swim laps in the pool or walk on the treadmill (couldn't do 30 minutes on the treadmill, but 10-15).

Let us know ASAP what happened at the meeting!

Thanks so much!!! I called the doc and they said to go ahead and start with Protein supplements. I started drinking one and feel a bit better. I look forward to feeling a bit better each day.....and get further away from the worry that i have that something is wrong....even though i know there isn't. After all its only been 3 days total (including surgery day). Thank you for all your kind words and support. Im sure I will be back for more advice etc. thanks, Leslie

Stick with us Leslie! Not only when you have a question. I'm convinced that staying plugged in to this online support is an important part of success... at least it has been for me!

Hi Everyone

Well, it was damp and nasty today, but bundled up and went to the park. Got a mile in. My ankle started hurting at about 1/4 mile in, but then by 1/2 mile the pain was gone. SO hoping this means it´s improving. Monday night will be the test..ZUMBA. I LOVE my ZUMBA!

My dogs were thrilled we were at the park. When we got back, Harry, the littlest started trembling, which he does when he has to go potty, but that wasn´t it. So put on their winter Sweaters, and they MUCH happier. Poor little mites! Here´s a photo of them. They are my babies:smile2:

As far as my tightness, I can almost do 1/2 C now. So doing black Beans and Cottage cheese, so swelling is going down. Hooray!

Thanks for the idea Indigo about high/low carbs. When everything settles down, will have to give it a try.

Hi Everyone

Well, it was damp and nasty today, but bundled up and went to the park. Got a mile in. My ankle started hurting at about 1/4 mile in, but then by 1/2 mile the pain was gone. SO hoping this means it´s improving. Monday night will be the test..ZUMBA. I LOVE my ZUMBA!

My dogs were thrilled we were at the park. When we got back, Harry, the littlest started trembling, which he does when he has to go potty, but that wasn´t it. So put on their winter Sweaters, and they MUCH happier. Poor little mites! Here´s a photo of them. They are my babies:smile2:

As far as my tightness, I can almost do 1/2 C now. So doing black Beans and Cottage cheese, so swelling is going down. Hooray!

Thanks for the idea Indigo about high/low carbs. When everything settles down, will have to give it a try.

GY...those puppies are sooooooooooo cute. Cold and wet here also. Can't blame those little ones for getting the shakes. Happy to hear your swelling is decreasing and that your ankle seems better. Have a great weekend!

My office can be buttheads - they told us last week we had a mandatory meeting... Everyone has been speculating what's going on..

Well we all go in the lunch room then give us this card and tell us to follow the boss outside - we do - then we walk to the park next door to the office - I see streamers and pple cooking food - we get over there and it's a celebration..

They admitted to being remiss in celebrating pples miles stone anniversaries (remember in July that 30 yr mile stone I had - with no recognition) Well they said they were eating crow (had crows on the table) and that from now on - pple who had 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 etc anniversaies they would get 100 for each decade (so I guess 5 gets 50)

Had a nice lunch tacos rice Beans chips & salsa and cake

I had the guts of 2 tacos - 1/2 piece of cake - and chips & salsa (ate too much of them) - Good thing I went to they gym this morning :0)

So I got $300 and and 2 others 15 yrs & 25 yrs got envelopes - so it was a very nice surpise - but they f'd with pples heads for a week..

Well I may go tomorrow and buy a new coach purse with my $$$

We had some excitement in my neighborhood this morning -

All four escaped inmates back in custody | MyDesert.com | The Desert Sun

Click this link above - They aren't saying how they escaped but one rumor is that the cops left them in the van while they went an ate (we have a mcdonalds) 1st story was there had been an accident - but from the news tonite - cops being very tight lipped - so sounds like the got left in the van and they escaped..

I got a news alert on my email - then another alert from hoa - called andrew to make sure he still had the alarm on (I had it on when I left at 7)

Apples - picture - hit reply then scroll down below the smilies and submit reply you will see and orange box (well it's orange on my computer ;0) it says "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" click on that - then you will see browse - click on that then go to your pic file where your pictures are - pick the one you want and double click it - you will come back to the box that says browse - next to browes it say up load - click that box - wait for your pic to up load - then repeat the process - once all your pics have uploaded (it will tell you in the middle of that screen that they have - type your message in the reply box and hit submit.. - That's how I do it...

Thanks gang for all your good thoughts - I really didn't think I was getting laid off - had that been the case they would have done it yesterday (payday) But the furrlough issue was what was on our minds the most.. I would be ok - but the younger ones wouldn't..

Question - Hi & welcome ... Stay hydrated and sip on your Protein drinks - it gets better each day - heck I was 52 when banded was back at work day 6 - I gotta say that by day 3 I was feeling good except for the port site - that's uncomfortabe for a couple weeks -

Eva - Family issues ya we all have them - Your card sounds beautiful !!!

Melinda - no problem - that's what we are here for ... I gotta say that I pretty much eat the same thing - but I do mix it up from time to time - I could never do Atkins - I gotta have my starches - I am a WW girl as I think they have the most balanced eating plan - that is liveable... I am more into the exchanges than points cuz that's how I learned WW and you were limited on exchanges - where as point can be spent any way you want.. Love the babies !!! I have a toy poodle and a Pomeranian

Charlene - Have you called the doc about the unfill - ya if you can't eat real food then you will go to the slides which we know isn't the best for us ;0)

Julie - Have fun tonite - meat loaf sounds good - I may have chirizo & eggs GS was eating some when I got home it smelt so good..

hello all~

what a day. went to the 3rd oncologist. Medical opinions are like A$$holes, everyone's got one. The take home message for me is this cancer is really really bad at stage 4, but that they really don't know. We keep getting different numbers. I guess the most important data will be the scans after 2 rounds of chemo.

DH took Nelson and the gang to Disney's Magic Kingdom today. 2 hr drive both ways! They had fun but sound exhausted. I had my Brazilian girls come clean the house, do laundry and change all the linens while they were gone. DH said, "someone broke in and stole all the dirty clothes, and they made the beds while they were here!" LOL. Cute. I am so thankful for those girls right now. I will have to bring them something from NC or just pay them extra.

I had to make some of those dreaded calls today for my mom. She just couldn't tell people without crying so hard. Called mostly some long time family friends and my uncle. Just heart breaking. Everyone wants to come visit, but Dad just really doesn't want to see anyone right now.

ok guys. hope everyone has a safe weekend. Janet, congrats on your job anniversary. Happy travels to those traveling. Bubba, glad you are a bit better. Great, you are doing awesome! Apples, any decisions with the job? Haven't seen any menus last few days. I have been cooking here last couple days for dinner. Dad is really not hungry, so has to be something really tasty. I made a really fresh stirfry tonight. Purposely made it a little high calorie (added sesame oil at end) and he ate a good portion. Wish you were here to cook for him. : )

Hi to everyone else. more later.

peas

OK..finally got the guts to do this...the "afters" were taken today after a day in the wind and rain...excuse the hair, please. The b/4 was at my highest weight of 249#:thumbdown: