Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey Guys,

So I got a call from my Dr and he stated that I tested positive for the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. This is so weird why would I get it now but when they tested me prior to my surgery I did not have it. Anyways I have to take some kind of medicine to get rid of it.

Does anyone on this board know anything about this?

I also drank my 64 ozs of Water today

1 day~

That is strange that you would test positive for H pylori after surgery when you were negative prior. Hmmm.. was this tested during an endoscopy or blood, breath, stool tests? Some of the tests are more accurate than others. It could be you had a false negative prior. Either way, a positive now means you need treatment. There are MANY different ways to treat it. It almost always requires an antibiotic and an acid reducer. But there are some treatments that have two antibiotics and also a stomach protector. A good page for info: H. pylori and Peptic Ulcer

You definitely don't want an ulcer and a band. Can cause erosion of the band if things got out of hand. I would acutally insist on retesting after you take the treatment.

Mrs. Bubba~ I went back and read your whole story of your hospitalization. Bless your heart! I hope things improve for you soon. I can only imagine how frustrating this has been for you. It does sound like you over did it with the babysitting. Just take care of yourself right now, if you can.

Claudine~ WOW! Good job on all the exercising! It sounds like you are really motivated! I wish there was a pill or injection for that kind of motivation!!! : )

Linda~ awesome on the weight loss! Isn't that the best?!

To all the vacationers~:drool: I wish I was on vacation! I can only IMAGINE how tough it is to get back on track. My train is barely on track stuck at home. Through in a cool location and good food and I would surely fall off the train.

It's amazing how some people on the March 09 website have good restriction 6 weeks post op without a fill! I was the opposite, although I ate what I was supposed to (choices/quantity and calories) I was constantly hungry before my fills. I existed on will power alone. Now that I havehad two fills, I CAN tell some difference. It is not where it needs to be and I hope this next one is THE ONE. I have such fear of screwing my band up that it keeps me from overdoing it. I wonder how much he will put in Thurs? I have 4cc so far. Will let all of you know.

My son has strep throat... fever 103-104 x 2 days... and wants NOTHING to eat. I am having to try and force fluids. He didn't even want his usual applejuice. Refuses gatorade and will only have Water or sprite. He even refused Häagen-Dazs vanilla icecream! That is always my tester to see if he is really sick. What kid refuses that?! I haven't had a good night sleep in 5 days. (Hubby was on call fri/sat/sun) and then a sick kid with fever. I haven't been able to exercise either. Thank God it wasn't swine flu! He can't go to school tom. either... so one more day. He HAS to go Thurs, because I don't think I can take him to my fill!!! I have no family in this state. It's tough.

I just heard from my older sister, who is 48 and lives in NC. She just got approval for her roux-en-y! They have scheduled her for June 2. I am so happy for her. Although this whole WLS thing was originally HER idea, because I had an exemption with my insurance and had to pay cash... mine went VERY easy and fast. Meanwhile she was jumping through hoops and doing the waiting game. I think I added insult to injury as I was losing and she wasn't. It didn't matter that I told her she will FLY past me with weight loss. I mentioned it before, but I also have a lot of guilt. Because of my "band hell" the first 6 weeks, it really convinced her that the band was NOT for her. She does not have the support system I have. She is single, just got laid off and is living with my folks, had to foreclose on her house & unsure of the future. Thank God she was able to Cobra her insurance and give them one last jab with getting the surgery after they laid her off after YEARS of loyalty! I just pray that she does ok. The complications of roux-en-y scare me to death. But, I agree with her, that I don't know if she could handle the amount of work the band requires. I think she has had so much in her life that didn't work out... that the thought of failing at just one more thing was just too much.

On another funny note...LOL... I went to the grocery store this afternoon and the manager said "we don't see you much anymore"! That's pretty funny when the grocery store misses you! I've been mainly using fresh produce stands and my own vegetable garden and then stocking up on Protein stuff every two weeks. No need for fresh bread and baked goods!

I fired my internist today. Since my surgery on March 2, I have been calling to get an appointment to see him. They keep telling me no openings for 3 weeks! My surgeon told me I could probably go off my BP med and to see my dr. My internist told his nurse to tell me to stop it on my own and then come in for BP check in a month! (he wouldn't even talk to me personally on the phone!) I have been feeling a bit dizzy some days and just wanted to have him see me and check some labs. I checked my BP and my husband did too. It's ok. Even did it lying and then standing. So, a NP and MD checked BP and that wasn't the problem.. Hmmmm.. They said they were too booked! Frustrated....My surgeon referred me to an internist that sees a lot of bariatric and WLS patients, and they got me in immediately! It's the next town south... in Jupiter Beach. But it's ok.. that's where I go for fills and f/u. The doc here is such an A$$! I am a nurse practitioner and worked for the same hospital he does, and my husband works there was well as an MD. Forget professional courtesy! No courtesy whatsoever! Good riddance!

Ok guys... more soon! Keep on keeping on... and being strong! : )

peas out~ Laura

Hi guys...nothing too much to report. I have been getting up at 5:00 am, yes 5:00 am, to do a light cardio and then I alternate between upper and lower body toning. I also been going to Curves at night 4 days a week. I am so trying to get to onderland.

Not so bright note, I have PB'd twice at work. Not so good, I have to stop talking and eating at the same time. I tend not to pay attention to how much I am putting in my mouth and not chewing. I have to get better at that.:drool:

Have a great night everyone.

Claudine - Glad to hear from you - Ya eating too fast and not paying attention will do it every time - I am lucky I haven't pb'd in the lunch room - I have gone out and I think 2x I had to go to the bathroom- I am very aware when out - I really try and eat slowly - now at home - dinner - that's where I usually have my problems - too fast or that one more bite..

Don't do it often - but still happens everynow and then..

WTG girl on the exercise !!!

1 day~

That is strange that you would test positive for H pylori after surgery when you were negative prior. Hmmm.. was this tested during an endoscopy or blood, breath, stool tests? Some of the tests are more accurate than others. It could be you had a false negative prior. Either way, a positive now means you need treatment. There are MANY different ways to treat it. It almost always requires an antibiotic and an acid reducer. But there are some treatments that have two antibiotics and also a stomach protector. A good page for info: H. pylori and Peptic Ulcer

You definitely don't want an ulcer and a band. Can cause erosion of the band if things got out of hand. I would acutally insist on retesting after you take the treatment.

Mrs. Bubba~ I went back and read your whole story of your hospitalization. Bless your heart! I hope things improve for you soon. I can only imagine how frustrating this has been for you. It does sound like you over did it with the babysitting. Just take care of yourself right now, if you can.

Claudine~ WOW! Good job on all the exercising! It sounds like you are really motivated! I wish there was a pill or injection for that kind of motivation!!! : )

Linda~ awesome on the weight loss! Isn't that the best?!

To all the vacationers~:blink: I wish I was on vacation! I can only IMAGINE how tough it is to get back on track. My train is barely on track stuck at home. Through in a cool location and good food and I would surely fall off the train.

It's amazing how some people on the March 09 website have good restriction 6 weeks post op without a fill! I was the opposite, although I ate what I was supposed to (choices/quantity and calories) I was constantly hungry before my fills. I existed on will power alone. Now that I havehad two fills, I CAN tell some difference. It is not where it needs to be and I hope this next one is THE ONE. I have such fear of screwing my band up that it keeps me from overdoing it. I wonder how much he will put in Thurs? I have 4cc so far. Will let all of you know.

My son has strep throat... fever 103-104 x 2 days... and wants NOTHING to eat. I am having to try and force fluids. He didn't even want his usual applejuice. Refuses gatorade and will only have Water or sprite. He even refused Häagen-Dazs vanilla icecream! That is always my tester to see if he is really sick. What kid refuses that?! I haven't had a good night sleep in 5 days. (Hubby was on call fri/sat/sun) and then a sick kid with fever. I haven't been able to exercise either. Thank God it wasn't swine flu! He can't go to school tom. either... so one more day. He HAS to go Thurs, because I don't think I can take him to my fill!!! I have no family in this state. It's tough.

I just heard from my older sister, who is 48 and lives in NC. She just got approval for her roux-en-y! They have scheduled her for June 2. I am so happy for her. Although this whole WLS thing was originally HER idea, because I had an exemption with my insurance and had to pay cash... mine went VERY easy and fast. Meanwhile she was jumping through hoops and doing the waiting game. I think I added insult to injury as I was losing and she wasn't. It didn't matter that I told her she will FLY past me with weight loss. I mentioned it before, but I also have a lot of guilt. Because of my "band hell" the first 6 weeks, it really convinced her that the band was NOT for her. She does not have the support system I have. She is single, just got laid off and is living with my folks, had to foreclose on her house & unsure of the future. Thank God she was able to Cobra her insurance and give them one last jab with getting the surgery after they laid her off after YEARS of loyalty! I just pray that she does ok. The complications of roux-en-y scare me to death. But, I agree with her, that I don't know if she could handle the amount of work the band requires. I think she has had so much in her life that didn't work out... that the thought of failing at just one more thing was just too much.

On another funny note...LOL... I went to the grocery store this afternoon and the manager said "we don't see you much anymore"! That's pretty funny when the grocery store misses you! I've been mainly using fresh produce stands and my own vegetable garden and then stocking up on Protein stuff every two weeks. No need for fresh bread and baked goods!

I fired my internist today. Since my surgery on March 2, I have been calling to get an appointment to see him. They keep telling me no openings for 3 weeks! My surgeon told me I could probably go off my BP med and to see my dr. My internist told his nurse to tell me to stop it on my own and then come in for BP check in a month! (he wouldn't even talk to me personally on the phone!) I have been feeling a bit dizzy some days and just wanted to have him see me and check some labs. I checked my BP and my husband did too. It's ok. Even did it lying and then standing. So, a NP and MD checked BP and that wasn't the problem.. Hmmmm.. They said they were too booked! Frustrated....My surgeon referred me to an internist that sees a lot of bariatric and WLS patients, and they got me in immediately! It's the next town south... in Jupiter Beach. But it's ok.. that's where I go for fills and f/u. The doc here is such an A$$! I am a nurse practitioner and worked for the same hospital he does, and my husband works there was well as an MD. Forget professional courtesy! No courtesy whatsoever! Good riddance!

Ok guys... more soon! Keep on keeping on... and being strong! : )

peas out~ Laura

Laura -

I went on my cruise and didn't gain weight - it's not really hard when you on vacation - for me it's the traveling part - car - airplanes - I have never been a fast food person but with the band I really can't eat hamburger burrittos - and it seems like such a waste of $$ to eat the insides - but I have done it..

Hugs on your baby being sick - I know how that is - been there done that one ;0)...

I am glad you got a new doc - the old one was a pig ... Didn't deserve your $$$..

As to your sis - My GF just had bypass 9/5 - she is short 3 lbs on getting to her 100 lbs gone (8 months) - I lost 100 lbs in 11 months - my doc alway said I was losing like his bypass patients - and as far as it being more dangerous yea it it - but I really feel it's a personal choice and if you have a good doc your odds improve.. I know 3 pple who had bypass and no problems - it's the luck of of draw crap happens to pple with bands too - Hugs on your sis situation too that has to be so tough on her.. At least she has your parents and losing the weight will help her at least feel better about herself even during these hard time... It can only get better..

I absolutly LOVE THE GROCERY STORE MISSING YOU. That was too freaking funny !!!!

Hi guys...nothing too much to report. I have been getting up at 5:00 am, yes 5:00 am, to do a light cardio and then I alternate between upper and lower body toning. I also been going to Curves at night 4 days a week. I am so trying to get to onderland.

Not so bright note, I have PB'd twice at work. Not so good, I have to stop talking and eating at the same time. I tend not to pay attention to how much I am putting in my mouth and not chewing. I have to get better at that.:drool:

Have a great night everyone.

Claudine, You are doing so awesome! You should be so pround of yourself! It appears that you are only 2.5 lbs away from onederland! Fantastic. Take care, Meredith

Hi everyone, thanks for the congrats and all your support, it means so much! Julie, hope the doctor has good news for you tomorrow and you start to feel better. Will be thinking of you. Claudine, you're doing great -- such dedication -- keep up the good work. Laura, love your story about grocery store missing you. That is too funny, but I can see how that could happen. Hope your son gets better fast. 1Day, hope you get started on your meds and get well soon! Linda

Thanks for the advice...at this point the majority of what I eat is whatever will stay down. I chew well, I eat slowly...it goes in, stays in my throat (doesn't go to my stomach at all most the time) and comes back up. I feel it almost immediately and know its not going to stay. My normal day is scrambled or hard boiled egg (if my body will allow it which isn't alot), if I can't eat that I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal, Nutra Grain bar or fruits/veggies for snack, Soup for lunch, nuts for snack and salad with whatever meat and other veggies i decide to cook for dinner. Usually its worse at night. I can't get any answers from the Lapband Solutions people, they said to drink pineapple or apple juice before I eat :| I don't even have my cc info and all the stuff like you guys do. I think I should call the actual DR and find out what he has to offer. Thanks for the help:) Great job on your losses thus far! Its truly amazing and I hope I will be back on here soon with better news on my end. ~ DXEGRL

Hey Janet,

My name is Lyndsay and Im just starting out..I have my first appt with my surgeon April 30th. Im super excited to start my journey and Im sure ill have alot of ?'s so just looking to make from friends. Im looking forward to any help I can get. Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the advice...at this point the majority of what I eat is whatever will stay down. I chew well, I eat slowly...it goes in, stays in my throat (doesn't go to my stomach at all most the time) and comes back up. I feel it almost immediately and know its not going to stay. My normal day is scrambled or hard boiled egg (if my body will allow it which isn't alot), if I can't eat that I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal, Nutra Grain bar or fruits/veggies for snack, Soup for lunch, nuts for snack and salad with whatever meat and other veggies i decide to cook for dinner. Usually its worse at night. I can't get any answers from the Lapband Solutions people, they said to drink pineapple or apple juice before I eat :| I don't even have my cc info and all the stuff like you guys do. I think I should call the actual DR and find out what he has to offer. Thanks for the help:) Great job on your losses thus far! Its truly amazing and I hope I will be back on here soon with better news on my end. ~ DXEGRL

Dxegrl - Sounds like you may be too tight... You should be able to eat and not pb - pbing isn't good for your band.

The # of cc's in your band isnt important - what is important is that you can eat.

eggs can be difficult - since they are for you I would cut them out - stick with Oatmeal - yogurt etc.

Becareful on the nuts they are good for you but in moderation they are full of calories.

Apple juice? ? Yes on the pinanpple juice but that's after a stick not before - But the reality isn't that you shouldn't be having these issues - You need to go see your surgeon..

For some if they drink something hot before they eat it will open up there band..

Keep us posted... Hugs Janet

Hey Janet,

My name is Lyndsay and Im just starting out..I have my first appt with my surgeon April 30th. Im super excited to start my journey and Im sure ill have alot of ?'s so just looking to make from friends. Im looking forward to any help I can get. Thanks in advance...

Hey Lyndsay - Welcome !!!

Yep you will have alot of questions we all did :0) - what's slime - pbing and how do you get a ticker :0) these are the normal 1st questions.

#1 thing I was told in the beginning and I feel is the most important - The band is only a tool and not the magic answer to our issues with food..

Read Read Read - go to all the threads and read - info is power...

Keep us posted...

Hugs - Janet

Good Morning Gang

Happy Hump Day....

Yesterdays food

BF - Yogurt & Granola - 160 c

lunch - 4 oz bbq Ck Thigh & salad 350 c

Snack - Pear 100c

dinner - 4 oz Fish 1/2 Veg 1/3 c rice 300c

Snack - Sherbet cone 150c popcorn 100c Dry Cereal 300 c

Total for the day 1460 calories

Julie - Let us know what your doc says

1day hows the stress eating going

Well gotta get my butt in gear - CBL :biggrin:

Hey Janet,

Hi Lyndsay, Are you a hairstylist? When I logged on today, I saw pics of you and saw a station. I'm a hairstylist and have my first appointment with the surgeon on May 7th. I have all of the paperwork together and have talked to the insurance company. If all goes well, banding should take place anywhere between the end of May and beginning of June. Looks like we are going to go through this around the same time!

Take care, Meredith

I just got home from Bismarck and my appointment for the abscessogram...... All went well and he removed that darn cathetor....... What a relief... He didn't see any more pockets of air or fluid.... The sharp pain has subsided, but the soreness is still there... A few days should help that... Now I see my surgeon tomorrow and maybe he'll remove this other drain.. I want to get in my hot-tub so bad and soak all this soreness away......... I'm wiped out, it was a long day... Daughter took me, but my mother had appt, too, so a long day with all 4 generations....... talk to you all soon.... Julie

1 day~

Actually my Dr started me on a prev pack which is a combo acid reducer and antibiotic. I have to try to choke down 4 huge pills twice a day which sucks. They found the H pylori by blood test so who knows. i am going to have them test me when I get done taking them which is not for 10 days

Janet, just checking in. Yeah, nuts can be high in calories, but it is better than carbs. I started eating cocoa roasted almonds for a snack. A 1/4 c. is 150cals. So I divide that up into two Snacks. The ticker hasn't moved, but it will soon.

Hello everyone sounds like everyone is doing well. I have been sick with a cold (again) this is my 3rd cold since my surgery in December......I am taking vitamins.....I am sick of getting sick so much.....I never used to. Hope everyone has a great week.

Good luck to both Meredith and Lyndsay. Congratulations starting your journey. I'm loving my new life and enjoying the journey. I am tired of my job and there's a new position at work which I decided to apply for. I doubt I would have bothered applying for it before I had my surgery and lost weight, but this has given me renewed vigor for life. I probably won't know much for a couple of weeks. I retired once as a legal assistant (paralegal) but after moving to Iowa and not working for a year I decided to take a job in a call center. It's been a fun job but I'm tired of working nights and weekends and am ready to go back to a regular work week. So wish me luck! Julie, glad to hear everything went well at doctor's today -- try to get as much resting and relaxation in as you can so your body can heal. Today's food: salmon patty, green Beans, strawberries, light yogurt, chicken/black bean Soup, sugar free pudding, sugar free Jello. Afternoon snack was 10 baked scoops and salsa. About 1000 calories total. Exercise was stationary bike (40 min.), strength training machines (30 mins.) Water aerobics (60 mins.) Feeling strong! Hope everyone has a happy, lovely day tomorrow. Linda

Good Morning Gang !!!

Everyone seems to be doing well... Sorry I wasn't here last night but got home late gym and then had to take GS to target to get his razors - Shampoo etc and didn't get home till after 7 then had an emergency email from a struggling bander and had to answer her and that took an hour didn't get off the computer til almost 9..

I am in a blab mood - don't know why - well ya I know why can't seem to get this 1.5 lbs off - I know it's only a 1.5 and that most of you are still in the beginning but for me I am afraid of letting any weight stay on my body - I am afraid that one or 2 lbs will turn into 10 then 20 and you know the routine.. I know that I am being a bit dramatic - but it's how I am feeling right now - I got some vit b's last night and have been really trying to remember to take my vitiman - it's something I am really bad about - hoping the B12 gives me a boost.

I don't have any plans this weekend and I think that will be good cuz I have been doing something every weekend since my cruise last month and my house needs cleaning - I need some down time I think... I need to recharge...

Well that's my tale of woes.. I hate to be a downer - I really strive to be up beat - I really am all about the postitive - but even I can get blah :0)... Here's what I would say if one of you was posting this message - concentrate on what you have accomplished - just keep plugging away it will come - look at where you are from last year at this time- I know that this to shall pass...

Hugs

Good Morning Gang!! A lot of B-days here going on. I really thought I wouldn’t be tempted but….Well just a small piece of cake. I did plan ahead, just in case I got weak and couldn’t pass on it like I have done in the past. Now I am awake and realize I am going to have be careful I could go into a tail spin… at these events.

Linda=wow you have inspired me to step up my exercise. Two hours and ten minutes in one day. The Water aerobics for 60 minutes is intense, I used to do that with my daughters a few years back. That alone in one day would wipe me out. You are a strong woman. Keep up the good work.

Mrose= hugs. I hate colds.

Charlene=I can not do nuts on a daily basis. It increases my fat grams to much.

1 day=I was so relieved my test showed no H. pylori before surgery because I was having serious reflux problems. All gone since the band.

Mrs. Bubba= Wonderful to get those things off you, careful not to over do.

Meredith and Lyndsay=it is so nice to have some one going thru this together with. My hair is coming in pure white now used to have dark brown hair and have always kept it long. But don’t know what to do now??

Welcome newbies!!!

Janet=I would love to see pics of your roses when they bloom. On face book or here.

Have a good day!!

Holly

April exercise 19/20

Banded 1/29/09weight.png[/url][/img]