Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wooooooooo Hooooooooo

Went for my postop exam and have lost 17lbs from start of my journey. WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! Doctor said incisions are healing nicely and was happy with my weight loss.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been on my pre-op diet for 8 days and have only lost 2 pounds!!!!! Its kind of a let down, did you loose most of that before or after surgery??

mominlv13- keep going your doing great! my first post op visit is on Thursday May 29 I had surgery on May 19th as well- I hope that the scale shows a loss for me as well- my boss told me today that she thinks my weight loss is showing I think she needs glasses seems i"m not really feeling anything at this point other than sick to my stomach! LOL

HOld on Allison, you can do this I was my 6th day of pre-op diet and had lost a whole 3.2 pounds, so take it slow you will do just fine I know you can do this- for some reason we all believe that this liquid diet is going to make the weight melt off but thats now how it happens.. hold on you are strong you can do this! :sad:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been on my pre-op diet for 8 days and have only lost 2 pounds!!!!! Its kind of a let down, did you loose most of that before or after surgery??

Allison I will all be thinking of you tomorrow and it will go so fast ..

I too was banded on the 19th and this is the first day I really feel good .. Still tired but totally feeling like myself again ..They say the 10th day is the wonder day ..Maybe it takes that long to get all the junk out of our trunk .. So happy everyone is doing well .

weight.png

Thanks!!! I've actually managed to loose some more weight, I don't really see it or feel it, I'm guessing its jsut Water weight. I came home from the hospital today and am really sore and itchy, I can't wait to just start feeling normal!!!!

Thanks!!! I've actually managed to loose some more weight, I don't really see it or feel it, I'm guessing its jsut Water weight. I came home from the hospital today and am really sore and itchy, I can't wait to just start feeling normal!!!!

CONGRATS!!! WELCOME TO BANDLAND!!

It takes time but take it one day at a time and you will be yourself in no time. God Bless!!!

Fran

Thanks mominlv!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really excited, I can't believe this is all happening so fast!!!!

OH Allison so glad to hear you are home and banded and ready to get better. I couldn't wait to hear how you were doing ..Each day will get better and easier .. Our May people are all banded and ready to face our new adventures .

You take care and keep us posted ..

weight.png

I was banded the 19th of May also.. lost 23 total so far.. I am having trouble finding mushie stuff to eat, so I am not eating much.. I need ideas....

Thanks everyone!!! Saturday night I started feeling really nauseous, dizzy, and lightheaded. I could barely get Water down! It wasn't until late last night I went out with a friend and finally started feeling normal again!!! I'm so glad I can feel myself getting better now, thanks for all the support!!!!!!!!

I am having trouble finding stuff to eat also. I don't have it in me like some of you to puree table food like pizza and hamburger as I have read some of you do so I have been eating a lot of chicken salad, egg salad, pinto Beans pureed with cheese and scrambled eggs. I am so sick of Soup from the liquid stage but I guess I may have to add some again. I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 1st post-op visit and I may be getting a fill because he will be away for a month and they don't want me waiting that long. So proud of all us May bandsters we are all losing!!!!!!

I am having trouble finding stuff to eat also. I don't have it in me like some of you to puree table food like pizza and hamburger as I have read some of you do so I have been eating a lot of chicken salad, egg salad, pinto Beans pureed with cheese and scrambled eggs. I am so sick of Soup from the liquid stage but I guess I may have to add some again. I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 1st post-op visit and I may be getting a fill because he will be away for a month and they don't want me waiting that long. So proud of all us May bandsters we are all losing!!!!!!

Ugh I hear you, I can't wait to start eating regular foods! Even scrambled eggs would be awesome!!! I'm on nothing but yogurt, pudding, and creamy Soups for 2 weeks :thumbup:

Hang in there gals! It's one step at a time and keep focused! My doctor let me start back on regular diet about two weeks out from surgery date-May 14-and I have to really pace myself to make sure I don't overeat. I feel great at this point. And I understand about the mushies/pureed foods. I did try some baby-foods, but it's not the same-you can't chew them! I like cheese, so that's what I had...cheese is soft and goes down rather easily, if you chew slowly and get in the habit of 30 times chew-chew-chew! Not drinking with my meals is the hardest part for me. I'm 'practicing' trying to do that, but it's easy to forget! My first fill is on the 26th and I'm excited about getting that done! That should really help me keep from putting stuff in my mouth.