Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st Lap Band Fill

Hi everyone, had my lab band on April 11th, and just had my first fill on May 23rd. It went well, I have a 10cc band, and the doctor said that he normally only will put in 3cc, but I convinced him to put a little more in because i live soooo far away, it takes me 10 hrs to drive to my Dr.s appt. So he put in 3.5cc, asked me to sit up and drink some Water, boy that was hard, it took about 45-60 seconds to get through my esophagus and my chest hurt from the pressure in the esophagus, he stated that that is why he only puts in 3cc. He then removed a 1/2cc and had me drink and the water went down with only a little diff. The next day, i had no problems drinking Fluid. But i feel fuller sooner now. That is great.... have lost 35lbs to date and have about 100lbs to go. Life is GREAT!!!!!! Will have another fill in six weeks, actually looking forward to that.:biggrin2:

Wow sounds like you are doing great. I was banded april 11th also. will go in for my first fill thurs. I kind of nervous and excited. Good Luck with everything.

I had my surgery April 14. I go in today for my first fill. Very excited. I am hoping to see some positive changes....I am sort of discouraged as I have only lost 12 lbs. I am close to eating my "old" normal portions of food again. I am hoping that this fill will start to make some difference for me.

You're doing great. I also have a 10cc band that was done October 23, 2007 in Nashville, Tennessee. I think I have reached my "sweet" spot, which is just the right amount of restriction. I currently have 7.2 ccs in my band. My last fill in December was .8 cc and I had to go back and have .4 taken out, then another .4 taken out. You will certainly be able to tell when you're at the proper restriction. This was the best decision I have ever made. I have lost 78 pounds so far with 60 more to go. Good luck with your new lease on life!! Isn't it wonderful???

I am feeling great, i do feel restriction, and i get fuller alot sooner, 3-4 oz of food and i am done. I eat mainly Protein, like tonight at work i brought 4 oz of tuna and shredded cheese with light mayo and 4 oz crab salad with 4 bean salad mixed in and a small amt of light mayo and 4 oz cooked ground beef cold with cottage cheese mixed together (one of my favorite) and i have become a salt and pepper junky (easy on the salt though). I would like to hear what other people are eating as well. I think it gives people a different idea so they dont get bored with food. I stay away from the carbs all together. Although i do indulge in frozen yogut once in a while.

Hi CShel,

I was also banded on 4/14 also. I think that's a great date. I don't get my first fill till 6/12 because I had my band in Mexico and needed to find a local Dr. That would do my fills. I have lost 17 lbs since surgery but I will be happy just not to gain anything back until I get my first fill. I am eating more than when I first got the band but I still fill up easier and am eating less then before, its just that the scale has stopped for a while. Good luck and let me know how your first fill went.

Sally

I had surgery on April 21st and I am not having any restriction at this point, I can eat normal portions of food, just like was before surgery. I go in for my first fill on June 10th, but am discouraged because my dr already told me that he'll be giving me only 1cc in my 8cc band. I feel I need more than that to get a better restriction. Maybe I can talk him into more. :sad:

Hi there, I was not feeling a whole lot of restriction before my first fill either, but i kept my portion size to 3-4 oz as instructed by the doctor and suprisingly enough i was not to hungry, i got hungry once in a while but not bad. Some times all it takes is 1cc, i have learned from others not to get the doctor to over due it because you could end up in more trouble. So take a deep breath and keep plugging along. Keep in mind why we did what we did, and hopefully it will give you some encouragement.

Sally, my scale stood still while i was on my liquid diet for about 2-3 weeks, that is fustrating, but your body can still be loosing inches and storing the fat as glycogen, that is why the scale stops moving. Keep up the good work and it will start moving again. All of a sudden my scale dropped 6-10lbs in a week.

Wendy can you believe no fill today doctor said let"s see how you do with your meds first, I am so bummed out.