Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can ANYONE eat pasta post-banding???

I need to take Calcium and a Multivitamin everyday.

The chewable multivitamin is ok, but I just can't ge the calcium chewables down. I gag on them and I have to take 4 of them to get all the calcium the doctor recommends.

Please tell me if you have tried any of the liquid calcium. I wonder how this tastes. I have to buy some tomorrow no matter what.

Tell me if these chewables bother you and how you get them down or if you have tried the liquid calcium.

I need to take Calcium and a multivitamin everyday.

The chewable multivitamin is ok, but I just can't ge the calcium chewables down. I gag on them and I have to take 4 of them to get all the calcium the doctor recommends.

Please tell me if you have tried any of the liquid calcium. I wonder how this tastes. I have to buy some tomorrow no matter what.

Tell me if these chewables bother you and how you get them down or if you have tried the liquid calcium.

I just started taking some that my doc recommended. Its not some they "peddle" in the office but he likes them and they are for WLS patients.

The Calcium tastes SO Good , they have a chocolate flavor that tastes like solid hot chocolate mix.

The Multivitamin is a strawberry flavor and they are great.

I take the Mulitband and the Calcium

BBVitamins.com

HTH

Mindy

I have trouble with regular Pasta, but ravioli and tortellini go down easy when I cut them small. I can have only 4 ravioli, or 8 tortellini when I eat them for dinner.

Why the chewable Calcium? I try to get in at least 2 cups of milk a day these days, and use childrens chewable Vitamins with Iron, I take 2 of them. Its cheaper than adult chewables or liquid.

I have trouble with regular Pasta, but ravioli and tortellini go down easy when I cut them small. I can have only 4 ravioli, or 8 tortellini when I eat them for dinner.

Why the chewable Calcium? I try to get in at least 2 cups of milk a day these days, and use childrens chewable Vitamins with Iron, I take 2 of them. Its cheaper than adult chewables or liquid.

In all honesty Childrens chewables just are not enough .

Or they wont be in the long run . Really why would they be enough NOW But they were not before being banded. Im not a big fan of childrens Vitamins , But that's my personal opinion . The personal trainer i was working with also was not and told me she would not recommend I stay on them long and my doc agreed !

Mindy

Hi BayCity,

I add chicken usually. I love chicken! Im not really a huge beef lover. As much as I was addicted to Pasta before, but now I usually eat more of the chicken/veggies because I crave it more!

Your cravings will stop! Tracey

re: Calcium: current FDA guidelines suggest 1800 mg for child bearing age women....and that means some kind of supplement.

There's a wonderful apricot flavored powder with a little magnesium that mixes very well with liquids of your choice. Taken with a few tabs of hydrochloric acid it got rid of my muscle cramps and relaxed me enough to get a good nights sleep!!!

Thanks Jack , One of the reasons my doc said the flintstones were not enough was because they did not have enough Calcium in them .

Where did you get the powder you were talking about ? I wonder why so many docs recommend Flintstones ?

Mindy

thank you all so much for your advice! i definitely plan to try the spaghetti squash, and my first mushie meal will be ricotta cheese, ground beef and spaghettie sauce. only 3 more weeks!

thank you all so much for your advice! i definitely plan to try the spaghetti squash, and my first mushie meal will be ricotta cheese, ground beef and spaghettie sauce. only 3 more weeks!

Make sure you can have ground beef on your "mushie" stage, I could not .

Mindy

i just have to update you all!

it has taken months, and i still need at least one more fill, probably more, but i can honestly say...

i made a big bowl of my fave Pasta yesterday and...drumroll please...

only ate about 1/5 of it. it didn't taste as good as it used to, and i just got tired of eating it.

this did not happen to me until almost four months in...but it happened.

thanks again for all of you who told me that what i could eat wouldn't matter as much as it once did...i thought i was a failure, but i am starting to feel like a real bandster.

best to all on this board!

I used to love Pasta... Now its just another meal and nothing special. I can eat it but I have to plan on chewing till the cows come home. I get bored of eating now.. its kinda nice.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I have Pasta every now and then. It's not something I crave - I have no problem getting it down though...I just eat a LOT less of it. It used to be my staple

I love Pasta too and like the others if I take small bites and eat slow I don't PB but it does happen because I'm impatient and haven't caused enough self pain yet I guess. I do try to eat whole wheat pastas to add to the Protein. chicken gets me more than anything else (PB)

I eat whole grain Pasta, in small portions. I've have several foods, I can't tolerate such as bread, hamburger patties, steak, potatoes of any kind. But hey, those are the things that lead to me weighing almost 300 lbs. Good bye and good riddens.

Kim

barilla plus Pasta is one kind that has extra protien and nutrients added and it is delicious... check it out!!!

Can someone please tell me what PBed means. I was just banded on May 7th and have not learned the lingo yet. Thank you,

Dori:confused2:

"PB" stands for "productive burping" ...aka, if something gets stuck, you'll throw it up. It's just a better way of saying "I threw it up"

It's not a good experience haha! but if your a bandster there's a good chance you will experience it