Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't feel different and I am able to eat

I was just wondering if anyone had the same experience. I was banded on May 6 and I went back to work 1 week later. I followed my doctors post op instructions and everything is fine. However I have been able to eat anything I want and it stays down. I am eating healthy foods like turkey burgers without bread. I just eat the meat and cut it ti bite size pieces. I am able to eat chicken breast, turkey franks and Beans and rice. I don't feel any different. I can eat a whole serving before I get full. Lucky for me I am motivated so I am using Portion Control and I don't snack. I am able to walk a mile everyday within 30 minutes. I feel great!!!!! I read all the pain everyone is going through and not being able to eat anything and I am thinking is my life suppose to be this good three weeks post op?:confused2:

Anyway I get my first fill on July 13. Hopefully I will see and feel a difference.:)

That worried me too at first. Even after my first fill I didn't feel all that much different, but after the 2nd one it's a whole new world! Now I keep doing dumb things like forgetting how tight I am and getting stuck a few times. No fun! Just keep eating healthy for now. I also went through a month and a half stall where I didn't lose anything between the first and second fills, very discouraging but it too shall pass. I'm glad you are feeling good.:)

Hi Nicelee,

I was banded on March 31 and after 2 wks, I felt like you do, that I could eat anything. I told my docter that I didnt even feel like I had a band. He said"thats because you havent gotton a fill. When you get a fill, then we will put the hurt on you" he has a sense of humor. I was scared thinking my band wasnt going to work. I had my first fill on May 8 and still don't have much restriction. I am hoping the one on June 12 will be the one to make the difference. I have heard it sometimes takes 3-4 fills to get good restriction. I know I eat less than before the band and I think they fill you slowly so it isnt such a big change all at once so I am trying to be patient and do this in small steps. I know exactly how you feel because I felt the same way. I wanted to feel full with hardly any food like I did on the liquid diet the first 2 wks. I know I will get there again. Good luck and hang in there. It seems like you are doing great with the walking and all

Newbeginnings

I know how you feel, I was banded on 3/31/2008, first fill on 5/30/2008. Right now I can eat pretty much anything I want, except for bread...doen't go down well. I have made some bad choices in meals, but after getting some advise from other bandsters, I am now watching what I eat. Hang in there, a change is going to come!

It can take several fills before you will have enough restriction to notice a difference in what and how much you can eat.

:mellow:I had my lapband done in August of 2007. I've had one fill and that was in November. I really thought I could lose a substantial amount of weight without another fill. It just didn't work out. I can take in a lot of food. The only difference is that if I eat fast I will gag and vomit. (very unpleasent). I will have another fill this Wednesday. I will try to work very hard on portion controll. I was down 33 pounds. I know I have gained at least 7 back. I feel like a total failure. Any suggestions/words of encouragement from anyone.

Edited by wildchild
misspelled words

I was the same as ya'll. It took a few fills to really see the weight start coming off. I am sure it's like that for a lot of people. If you read the post through out the board people are always talking about getting to their "sweet spot" before finally losing weight OR how they just had a fill and can still eat anything they want. Hang in there! You will notice a difference soon! Just give it time and get your fills! Good-luck to you!

Wildchild You know what you can do and what you want to do so hang in there and you will make it. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Wildchild why only one fill since Nov? I think another fill will help a lot. The gagging and vomiting your speaking of? Are you eating very slow and chewing your food to a paste? Those two things alone should help ( I learned the hard way) If it's not a matter of chewing and eating slow I would be talking to my doctor about it when you go in for your fill. When is the last time you saw him/her? Good Luck!

Why have you only had one fill??????????? My doctor said if I want this to work I MUST get my fills as he tells me.

Thank you all soooo much. I am feeling better now and I look forward to loosing more weight.:)

just wondering, since i am newly banded 5/22, when everyone refers to the fills and more restriction, does it feel like I feel now. i feel very restricted, nauseated .

Why have you only had one fill??????????? My doctor said if I want this to work I MUST get my fills as he tells me.

I though I could lose without multiple fills. I know now that I can't. I've tried to set goals that didn't work. So I'll be getting a fill this week and will keep you all posted on my progress.

I was the same way, I was banded in Aug.2007 and I think the very first few days I ate because I was HUNGRY. But when you go back for your fills it will be a totally different story......trust me!!!

Nicelee-

I was banded on 5/7 and I feel the same as you. I do not feel any different. My muscles don't hurt, my "holes" have all about healed. I am using self control but am starting to get really hungry. My first fill is June 5th (I know it seems early but my Doc seems to think I am ready and I am thrilled). I do feel great though. Energy level is up and I am walking, which I never did before surgery.