Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just facial stuff here....

Luluc: You might what to ask your question on the Ask Dr. Schulman thread. I think he checks that one a lot more frequently.

Terry: Congratulations. I know the first little while with that procedure is kinda a scary with all the bruising, etc. How exciting! Good for you. Can't wait to see the pics!

thanks! will do.

Terry: Congratulations. I know the first little while with that procedure is kinda a scary with all the bruising, etc. How exciting! Good for you. Can't wait to see the pics!
Oh yes, you are so right! The amount of bruising was quite shocking actually, but it's clearing up!
good for you terri, hope your healing continues. my mom had this done several years ago & had an allergic reaction to her stiches - but the results were phenominal./QUOTE]
Phenomenal would make me happy! I'm looking forward to good results. It's kind of weird waiting to see the results like this...one day at a time.
Hi Terri,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that it all went so well!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. I see blepharoplasty as one of those "absolutely necessary" plastic surgery procedures as time marches inexorably on -- and I will definitely be having that done at some point in the future.

Did you have much pain at all?

No the pain was nothing really! I took Vicodin as prescribed 3-4x a day as needed...and did that for about 2 days. I think I took maybe 7-8 total and that was just because I could! I probably could have managed with tylenol but I like legal la-la land when I can get it.:cool:

Edited by TerriDoodle

Terry and Karey,

I too got some Botox, between my brows, on my forehead and around my crows feet, and can say I am definitely hooked. I just love the results! I only bruised on one side of my eyes by my crows feet and it wasn't black, thank goodness. I definitely will be getting the Botox regularly. I also got Perlane in my nasolabial folds and the results are okay, just not as dramatic as the botox. A week later, I got my brows tattooed on permanently and will be going for a touch-up on 6/9. I felt like the vainest person on the planet, but then decided that I was worth it. I have spent many years not liking what I saw in the mirror and now I like the way I look, especially with non-surgical interventions like Botox and Perlane to help with the downside of aging.

Jacqui,

If they use the Botox sparingly, you don't get that expressionless or blank look. My Nurse likes to use less, so you still are able to look like yourself and have facial expressions.

Hi. Could you post some pics of your brows? I am very curious as I have a terrible time with my brows being so light/fair. Thanks.

thanks for starting this thread!

I've had botox done and am going in again tomorrow for my second round. Love how it softens the crow's feet and the horizontal lines on my forehead :unsure:

I'm very interested in thermage for my skin leftover from my double chin. I don't have enough for a real neck lift but it bugs me and hopefully thermage may be the answer :(

saw my dermatologist today- she thinks there is a good chance thermage will help my extra skin where my double chin would be so I'm set up for sept 8th!

wooo!

McGreen: I bet thermage will help. I had it when I had lost 50 pounds and it really helped the jowls I had developed. I've been thinking of getting it done again for my crepey neck, but I may hold out for a face lift. When I think about how much it costs and if I have it done twice, that is about half what a face lift costs. It's a hard decision, because I'm pretty frightened to have a face lift and I'm sick of this neck! Keep us posted on how it works for you!

Here's my before and after.......

I've had fillers around my mouth, botox between my brows and most recently had my eyelids done. Eyelids were only done 12 days ago and there is still quite a bit of swelling. Takes 6 weeks for it to totally heal.

I guess I've spent about $4,200.

post-213702-13813137337269_thumb.jpg

Terri: Thanks so much for posting pics. What a great result. Your eyes are beautiful and you look alert and happy. Congratulations! Are you covering up the bruises are have you already healed? I'm very impressed either way!

Thanks ya'll! No Karey, I'm not 'bruised' anymore...although I still have some dark circles but nothing my normal makeup doesn't cover.

Re: your face-lift decision... I was toying with the idea myself at one point. When I saw how much bruising and swelling resulted from just these two 'little' incisions across my eyelids, I said to my husband, "Jeez! Can you imagine the bruising and swelling from a facelift???" It's kind of traumatic! You are afraid you'll never look normal again!!

Here....... take a look!....this is day 2 or 3 I think....(it didn't hurt, but man it looked BAD)

post-213702-13813137338659_thumb.jpg

by the way....i had 2 moles removed also...one right between my eyes and the other just below my right eyebrow.

Well you look great. I'm pretty nervous to think about a face lift. I've seen some that my doc has done and they look fantastic. My sister-in-law had one and it didn't turn out to well. Takes a lot of trust to turn over your face to someone. If something is crocked or doesn't turn out so well on another part of the body, at least you can cover it with clothes!

Hi Terri,

Your results are fabulous! The Dr. opened up the eye area just beautifully and yet everything still looks very natural.

Congratulations!!!! :frown::thumbup::lol:

McGreen: I bet thermage will help. I had it when I had lost 50 pounds and it really helped the jowls I had developed. I've been thinking of getting it done again for my crepey neck, but I may hold out for a face lift. When I think about how much it costs and if I have it done twice, that is about half what a face lift costs. It's a hard decision, because I'm pretty frightened to have a face lift and I'm sick of this neck! Keep us posted on how it works for you!

Thanks for letting me know you liked the thermage! I've heard the results are variable but I only have one area right below the chin that bothers me and I think I'm another 10+ years from needing a face lift. I'll post photos when I get it done :blush: Did you ask your dermatologist about results of neck lift vs thermage??

Here's my before and after.......

I've had fillers around my mouth, botox between my brows and most recently had my eyelids done. Eyelids were only done 12 days ago and there is still quite a bit of swelling. Takes 6 weeks for it to totally heal.

I guess I've spent about $4,200.

YOU LOOK FABULOUS! Who did you use in houston for your eyelids?? I may want to get those done in the future. If thermage does well on my ex-double chin, I may do it for the eyes as well.

Dr. David Luethcke did everything. He's in Katy and is a very nice man. He was trained at UT and Baylor.