Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!

I don't get my first fill until may 28 and I was just wondering if anyone else was eatting to much? I am not eatting TOOO much I just fill that I am eatting more every day and I don't have a fill yet, but is it common to do or feel like this?? I just hope I didn't put on my weight. I don't weight myself at home since I don't have a scale, so I weight myself when I have my appt. at the Dr's office. So the day of my fill I will weight myself and so far I lost 26 lbs but afraid that while waiting for my fill I put on some weight.

Thanks for the help!

Kristy

Hi Kristy,

I am the same right now, I was banded on Apr 23rd and don't get my first fill until May 30th. I know I am not overeating because I weigh myself every day when I wake up BUT....I haven't lost a pound now for 2 weeks and its very frustrating. I almost feel like I'm already failing. Others have said once we get our fill we will start losing weight again as this time is for us to heal from the surgery. Lets hope that is true.

Good luck,

Yvonne

Thanks for applying..I was just thinking that I was eatting to much..Which I know I am not, but It seems like I am always hungrey and that I eat more often. I just can't wait to get filled and start losing the weight. Thanks again!!

lololol!!!!!!!!!!:lol: as u r reading my mind ladies ~! i have the same feeling exactly ! i was banded on the 10th of April am supposed to have my fill after 6 weeks ! am started to eat as before :smile:! am feeling depressed ! and am not losing weight :thumbup:! when i called my Dr , n told him that am not losing too much , he told me to wait and be patient ! so i'll wait and see ! so let's be patient dears and let 's see !!!!!! Good luck for all of us :w00t:!!!!!!!!!

WOW,,,I'm here too! Got my band April 17th. I have't lost a lb in over 2wk that sucks.lol My 1st fill is Monday the 19th. I'm soo ready! I need something to kick start me too.

I was banded on April 28th and I know for the last week, with my hunger seriously returning, I'm eating a lot more often and I haven't lost anything. I'm supposed to get filled on the 4th of June, but I may call and try to get in sooner.

Like someone else said, this is supposed to be our healing time and once we get some fills, we'll be losing again. Hard to remember that sometimes!

hey guys,

i was just banded on 4/29 so im right there with you. i have lost 15 lbs since and now i think im at a stand still. my 1st thing for me to loose was my boobs :thumbup: but oh well that an always be fix able when i become the weight i want. i am worried about the fill does any one know is it painful? what do they do inject you in your skin with a needle and put it in the port and you get it filled with liquide correct? i was never to sure what happens when you get a fill? any way an answer to that would be great. thanks for being here.

p.s. does anyone know how to update the weight tracker?

Click on your ticker and that will take you to where you set it up. Update your info and highlight it and enter it back into your sig.

My understanding is that it takes most people around 3 fills before they feel restriction (everyone is different I guess).

I am carefully tracking my calories and keeping at 1200 a day - because I'm determined to keep losing - restriction or no restriction. Every time I feel hungry I choose to embrace it as a victory step towards my goal :-)

hey guys,

i was just banded on 4/29 so im right there with you. i have lost 15 lbs since and now i think im at a stand still. my 1st thing for me to loose was my boobs :thumbup: but oh well that an always be fix able when i become the weight i want. i am worried about the fill does any one know is it painful? what do they do inject you in your skin with a needle and put it in the port and you get it filled with liquide correct? i was never to sure what happens when you get a fill? any way an answer to that would be great. thanks for being here.

Hi Stephanie, if you cut and paste the code text you are given on the ticker page directly into your signature block, it will update automatically here when you update on the ticker page.

I had my first fill earlier this month (4 weeks after my April 7 surgery), and am positively starving! I haven't lost anything since that visit, but haven't gained, either. If I'm staying the same, it's only because I'm letting myself go hungry.

I can't wait until I have some restriction.

Kristylyn, I asked this same question at my support group meeting last night. I also was banded on Apr. 14. The nurse told me, that since my swelling has finally gone down, I will start experiencing more hunger. She said if I am overeating just make sure I'm overeating on healthy foods (protein and vegetables). At least I'm not gorging myself like I used to...so there is some restriction. I don't go in for my first fill until Jun 4.

Oh thank you all!!!! I've been feeling exactly like the rest of you, and hoping that after a few fills this will be what I thought it would be like. I can eat just about anything altho I'm trying to stay away from junk, but at times the good food is so good to me I just want to keep eating and that's a behavior I've always had a problem with! I was banded 4/21 and have lost about 20 pre and post op, but nothing at all for a couple weeks, like some of you. I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm still sure we've done the right thing....it just seems like all the anxiety from waiting and waiting for the surgery to be done is returning for this waiting and waiting for a fill and restriction to be done!

Kristylyn, I asked this same question at my support group meeting last night. I also was banded on Apr. 14. The nurse told me, that since my swelling has finally gone down, I will start experiencing more hunger. She said if I am overeating just make sure I'm overeating on healthy foods (Protein and vegetables). At least I'm not gorging myself like I used to...so there is some restriction. I don't go in for my first fill until Jun 4.

Thanks for the help and answers. I will just have to drink more Water durning the day or something. When I eat I do eat my Proteins first which you are suppose to fill up on, but I just can't seem to do that most days.

This last week of this month is taking to long to get here..LOL...Thanks again for the help!!

Oh, I'm so glad to read that I'm not alone! I was banded on April 28th and have lost a total of 12lbs. I'm thrilled to be loosing, but I am starting to feel hungrier every day. I have my post op appt. Monday and, I guess I'll find out then when I can get my first fill.

My biggest problem is that all my friends and family seem to be watching me ALL the time and asking me questions (how much weight have you lost?) It was easy when I wasn't eating much (right after surgery), but now that I'm hungry again I feel like a failure if I eat too much. I almost wish I hadn't told anybody about my procedure. I know their all just wanting the best for me but I just want to say BACK OFF!

Just venting.....thanks, I'm better now.