Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Coming to the 2008 National LAP-BAND Conference

I'm trying to get an approximate head count so I know how many rooms to block off at the hotel. I have requested room rates for singles, doubles and quads. Feel free to find roomies for the event. I am trying to keep this cost effective for everyone.

More details as promised..

I have three meetings with three different hotels tomorrow so hopefully I'll have that info to you no later than thursday or friday.

Confirmed speakers.

Mary Jo Rapini- Body Image and Sexuality

Chef Leslie Moore- Band friendly recipes

Dr. Frank Veninga- Importance of staying in touch with your surgeon

Dr. Robert Sewell- meeting w/him tomorrow to see what his topic will be on.

Cher Ewing- Is your band failing you or are you failing your band (my story)

Speakers still seeking.

Personal Trainer- I have a meeting with two later this week

Nutritionist- should have one line up this week

Plastic Surgeon- contacting today

Once I have a complete list of the vendors I will be posting who they are.

Three make-over's will be done on Saturday after the conference and before the big dance- hair, Make-up and new outfit (I can't wait to see the transformation of the recipients):)

I also want to put together a slide show of all the before and after, so if you want to be included I'll need you to send me your before and after pictures. No rush on this, just planting the seed:cool2:

I am working on getting some really cool gifts donated, once I know more you will too.

Everyone has shared great ideas, suggestions and support for this conference. Keep'em coming I am on the ball.

For those who would like to volunteer, please send me a private message and I'll be in touch.

This conference is about you and what you want; it will not be successful without "YOU"!!

Edited by CoachCher

You are referring to the conference in Dallas right? I plan to attend.....just let me know details as you get them and if I can help (I work, am in grad school, and doing an internship so I have limited time) I will help wherever I can. I can't wait!! This is cool...

Thanks thanks.....well after May 23rd I will have more energy to get more done so it won't be so bad. Hehe

I would LOVE to come!!!!! What are the dates, time, etc. I live in McKinney and as soon as I read this I got so excited that it was going to be so close. I can't wait to hear back from you so I can check at work and make sure I can get off. This would be so great as I've just about worn all my friends and family out with lap band talk. I could actually be with fellow lap banders that would know and appreciate what I'm talking about. Let me know the info and I'm thinking that wild horses couldn't keep me away...well as long as I can get off work.

i'll probably make the trip from north nj to dallas:thumbup:

any other nj'ers going?

The tenative dates are Oct 3-5.

The meet and greet is Friday night from 6-9

Main Conference is Saturday from 8-5

Saturday dinner and Dancing

Sunday 8-10 closing with succesful bandsters sharing their stories

OMG Becky I just noticed your weight loss stats. Congratulations on such an amazing journey, you have done fantastic!!

My DH and I plan to be there, mostly depends on cost, but if it is in Oct -we have plenty of time to save up. I actually have several people I work with that are banded or in the process who would love to come (they don't hang oround here so much:wink2:)

The dates are perfect for me so Cher.....count me in!!!!!! OMG, I'm so excited already and can't wait to go. I work for Collin County and around 30 of us were fortunate to get the lap band, so I'll let them all know about it as well. We can certainly have a big ole group from North Texas! Well, large in number group cause we're all a whole lot smaller now than when we first started this fantastic journey!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches