Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What mushies do you/did you eat?

I was just wondering about the kinds of mushie food that people eat when there at that stage. I was thinking about stuff like possibly mashed pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, possibly with some gravy but there the only things I can think of, I don't particularly like the idea of blending any meat and making it mushy so does anyone have any ideas or tips that they used and were easy to digest? Thanks

There was a great post on one of the threads and the lady listed her stages and appropriate foods..some mushies folks have talked about are hummas, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, tuna salad blended, fish blended with potatoes or veggies, oatmeal, yogurt...

I think if you blended some chicken with light mayo it would make a good smooth chicken salad...I bought a recipe book which has a lot of good ideas...

Cindi

My favorite(and many others on here) was refried Beans with light cheese and a dab of FF sour cream, delicious! I put hot sauce in it too. Also cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, baked/mashed potato, yogurt, blended Soups, oatmeal, applesauce, baked fish, string cheese chewed very well, was on my MD's list of mushies. I thought it to be a bit strange until I tried it and it really does just melt into a mushy as you chew it.

i ate cottage cheese, yogurt, blended tuna fish, blended egg salad and blended chicken with salsa, blended chili

I have posted responses to this same question before, for me, I mash everyday foods, Breakfast I have scrambled egg, I mash carrots, broccolli, sweet potatoes, spinach, beets, when I say mash, I mean with a fork to a small consistency then I make sure I take small bites and chew really well, I love most all veggies but they have to be fresh or frozen, so I just made sure they were steamed or cooked just well enough I could fork mash, season and eat. For Protein, I like canned chicken of the sea skinles boneless pink salmon, it is moist and mashes down better than tuna, I add a little mayo, and it is great, I also use baked tilipia, baked chicken, cut up very small dark meat mostley, chew really well small bites,, I eat probably 75% fish now 25% chicken, turkey or pork. I have fresh fruit, love black raspberries, strawberris, canteloupe, banana, so I take tiny bites, chew up again real well, swallow. The first time you try any new food of course take it slow until you know if you can tolerate it. So far I have had 1 fill, I have no noticable restriction but have been steadily losing and can eat everything I have tried, yes, bread, Pasta, all meats, veggies etc, but I use common sense. I stay in my portion size and do not push the envelope. I don't feel the urge to eat things I no longer need or over indulge in foods that are not healthy for me. I hope this helps you. It has for me.

I couldn't stomach the idea of blending meat in a blender either, how gross that sounded. I don't care much for Protein Shakes although on busy days I will make a small one to make sure I get all my Protein. I found by mashing real everyday food I felt more like I was having a real meal but I wasnt hurting my band or stomach because it was mashed and small portions. Now, I dont have to mash, I just take very small bites, and chew well and I can eat wverthing everyone else is eating just in smaller portions and I don't use the fattening margarines etc. Eating out has not been an issue because of this approach. I get a small serving of something I like, or an appitizer, eat only what I should, give my husband the rest or take it home. Later I realize this may change when it is time for a 2nd fill and the restriction level changes but each fill you go prepared and see what happens.

Soft fish like tilapia, poached in chicken broth can be mashed with a fork quite easily. I ate a lot of what was mentioned above, but here are a few that weren't included. Unsweetened applesauce. They now have it with pomegranate, blueberries, etc. Makes for a nice change of pace. I LOVE quacamole (mashed avocados). I liked egg drop Soup, baked winter squash (butternut and acorn), sugar free pudding or tapioca, creamed spinach, bananas, ricotta cheese seasoned with Italian spices, garlic and parmesan cheese and baked in a ramekin (YUM), pumpkin pie filling made with splenda and skim canned milk. (YUM) Spinach quiche filling, corned beef hash. Those are a few I came up with...

My absolute favorite is:

1 egg, add cinnamon to taste, 1/2 packet of your favorite artificial sweetner, [equal, sweet & low].

In a small bowl, fork scramble the ingredients, then top it off with a dollup of low-fat cream cheese.

Microwave in bowl for 1 minute or until egg is cooked.

YUM. It's like a cheese danish!!

I add dried milk to up the Protein, but there's no need.

My absolute favorite is:

1 egg, add cinnamon to taste, 1/2 packet of your favorite artificial sweetner, [equal, sweet & low].

In a small bowl, fork scramble the ingredients, then top it off with a dollup of low-fat cream cheese.

Microwave in bowl for 1 minute or until egg is cooked.

YUM. It's like a cheese danish!!

I add dried milk to up the Protein, but there's no need.

that sounds awesome!

I bought a small lobster from the supermarket-had them steam it for me...took it home, shelled it (ate the tamale/liver-yum) and wizzed it up with a little lemon, mayo, seasoning in my food processor...

Yummy!!:thumbdown:

Also bought a can of lump crabmeat to make crab imperial-I'll mush it more than usual, but should come out fine!

My philosophy is to stick to quality ingredients, since I don't need a large quantity-I can spend the money on gourmet ingredients.

I am going to try spicy tuna at my sushi place soon!! I will ask the sushi dude to chop it finer than usual! Caviar would also be delicious and 'mushy'!!

Edited by cannedpoo

my personal favorite was great northern Beans with bacon flavor mashed. i also like refried beans with cheese, and i absolutely love chilli. actually chilli is pretty much all that i ate. :thumbdown:

All of those sound great but I dont think I could ever eat something out of a can, I mean maybe in america its nicer there but chicken in a can? Gross I'd rather have the fresh real stuff that was alive a week ago lol, it's also pretty hard for me with other stuff, I can't stomach tuna, salmon, sardines but fish like cod and sweet lip I can, and I dont even know what the heck hommus is, I never eat cream cheese and no matter what meat should NEVER be put in a blender, if I want to have a meat sludgie one day sure but I doubt I'll ever eat/drink that lol