Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Person still wanting lap-band

:hurt I hadn't thought that it would be so hard on me, this time around trying to lose weight. After being turned down by my insurance company. Did call Dr. Maese's office and let his office know about it. Said they would try and do the best they could for me, as far as an appeal. But I know it wont be happening for me. After all I've looked into as far as my insurance goes. After you appeal it,

it still won't happen. I want to look at this objectively, but I cant!!! I started

back at Curves. But I'm alot bigger this time around. First few days was extremly

hard. I mostly blame myself for all the weight . Maybe things will get better for me in the long run. But how in the world can I deal with this letdown in my life?

Just letting this off my chest helps. I guess things are meant to be. I just will

do the best I can. Cant afford to do any more than what I'm doing. In th mean

time I wish yall fellow band people joy, peace and happiness . God keep you.

Love you Dell

Aw, Dell, please don't wander too far. If there is a way and it is meant for you, it WILL come about. Maybe the answer is "not yet" rather than 'No". I know you are discouraged, please keep a chin up and don't feel left out here. Even if you just want to be banded, you can come here, who knows, maybe you'll get an idea about how to make it work. I'm sorry you are discouraged.

Dell, don't give up. If you close your eyes you won't see the options that could pop up.

My insurance won't cover either, I can't take a personal loan, can't do home equity, forget credit cards. My last option, my DH's 401k, and we're having a hard time with that. But I won't give up! I want and need this.

Keep positive thoughts.....where there's a will there's a way!

I wish you all the best!

Dell,

I am so sorry to hear you were not aproved for the surgery. I am in the process of getting approval and I know how I will feel if I get denied. Curves is a great way to take out your hurt and frustrations. Please keep in touch so we can help

you through this. Who knows the insurance could change theri minds?

Dell, PLease don't give up. Keep fighting. If you work take your case to your human resource administrator. Believe it or not sometimes they can make a difference. Another option is to call Inamed directly. They can direct you to legel representation. When I talked to them they were willing to help write my appeal and were willing to get me in touch with a lawyer who specializes in the Lap-Band and insurance companies. I have fought this fight for three years. Finally after all my complaining my company switched to BCBS Empire who happens to cover the surgery. This has been a 3 year journey for me. so keep the faith and keep fighting.

Wow Mike, that is amazing! I know I would like to hear more about your battles and obvious victory. Perhaps you could start a thread under Insurance? I think you have a wealth of information that others could really use!

And Dell, please don't give up! We have many sucess stories of people who were in your situation! Who were initially turned down but who successfully re-presented their case and finally triumphed.

You know. That's a great idea. I assumed when I joined this board that most folks had gone through the same runaround. Perhaps I am wrong. I think I will place my story in a word doc. and attach it to a new thread. If I simply posted the story here in the forum people would get tired-head about halfway through it. I don't think I am as tanacious as anyone else but information is valuable and there is nothing more frightening than an educated consumer to these insurance companies.

Hi! I think most of us were either approved somewhat easily by our insurance company or plain out denied and then paid for the surgery.

Guitarman - I think your ideas are great and I would also recommend to Dell to talk to her HR department and a manager at the insurance company. Continue working with the doctor because honestly Dell, if you don't get approved he won't get paid! Unfortunately, we know money is an amazing motivator and it's just like buying a house - the loan officer doesn't get paid unless the loan closes!

Anyway, Dell - keep your chin up and keep on going to Curves. Not only will you begin to feel stronger, you'll notice you will workout harder as the days go by and feel better since you are doing something for yourself that is positive.

Take care and we're ROOTING for you!!!!! Laura

Dell I'm so sorry you didn't get approved and I know you must be so upset right now. please stay around and keep in touch maybe some day you will be able to get that band but in the mean time we all have been glad you are here!!!! Good luck to you and way to go on starting that excercise. Please just continue to be positive and eventually it will pay off for you!!!!