Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some snack food ideas. Sweet and salty. I know we really aren't supposed to have either of those items I guess....but sometimes I am hungry and just want a little something and need better choices/options.

Any ideas?

There are only 2 Snacks I allow myself - and even those I do sparingly. I have in my desk drawer at work a container of nuts - almonds, pistachios, peanuts. My only other treat is a fat free sugar free yogurt or pudding.

The nutritionist at the doc's office said that Snacks are allowed, but it is my choice to limit them...I want to break my 'need to feed' so I am very cautious about eating snacks.

Sure, there are lots of "better" Snacks. fruit is one that I just love. Others in the salty area is the "Reduced Fat Cheez-Its". I love these, and to keep the portion under control you can create your own 100 calorie packs. They do also come in snack pack size too, but pocket book wise your better off doing your own.

There are so many Snacks out there now with the lower fat or lower sugar options. Always take your time while grocery shopping and compare those labels!

I love dipping multigrain crackers in hummus... YUMMMYYY.. I get a thing of it from Sam's/Costco and it lasts me a long time. You can also dip romaine lettuce in it.. yumm yumm! not really sweet but it is crunchy/salty. lol. that's really the only thing I snack on.. sometimes I have a pickle... or a SF choc. pudding...

I also like light laughing cow cheese and kashi crackers. Fruits and sliced veggies....My boys usually dip all of their veggies in Light ranch...I've learned to skip it.

I'm always late to the cool threads

1. 100 calorie packs of oreo's, cheesits, or what not

2. laughing cow cheese like blessedwice suggested on carrots, melba toast or celery.

3. I like to get those imitation crab packages and eat a little of that with a slice of provolone. Protein makes me feel good.

4. Sometimes I like to get the skinny cow icecream bars...but I don't really watch carbs, so if you are don't do it.

5. My personal favorite sweet snack- a tangerine

6. Personal favorite salty- vlasic original dill pickle. mmmm.

When I was younger I would drink big glasses of straight pickle juice.

Edited by ReadySteadyGo
add

Another vote for Reduced Fat Cheez-Its, pistachios, and sugar-free pudding here!

I used to eat almost a whole box of Cheez-Its at once and now I find that five or six totally satisfy me. The pistachio choice is great because it's time consuming to take off the shells so that's automatic Portion Control. My favorite sugar-free pudding is caramel but my stinkin' grocery store stopped carrying it! *whine*

Just another suggestion to those who enjoy the cup portions of Snacks. I found these "parfait" fruit cups my dole. I found it in the fruit cups section. I tried the "Peaches & Cream" and it was very good! It was low in fat/calories - perfect for a quick snack.< /p>

I do alot of fresh fruits for Snacks. I also like Quaker mini delights, they are like 90 calories and are sooooo good. I don't do much snacking anymore though, my last fill has really shut off the need for any more food than at meal times, Finally!!

I don't have the band yet, but as of now I can't even imagine getting full on any of those 100 cal packs. maybe 3 or 4. Does one get you full?

No, those sorts of things dont fill me at ALL. I can still eat five or six of them like I always could which is why i said I avoid them. They're slider foods for me.

If I snack it's something like turkey Jerky or a serving of bbq Pork rinds if I want crunchy.

I have enjoyed turkey pepperoni with mozzarella cheese chunks. It's high Protein and not too crazy high fat.

I also like fresh fruit. I've been having dark, sweet cherries this week. Yummy. Unfortunately I'm pretty picky about my produce, so I don't always enjoy fruit unless it's in season and just about perfectly ripe. I eat a lot of cantaloupe with lowfat cottage cheese. I love the Land o' Lakes brand of cottage cheese.

I have done the sugar free puddings as well. The cook-n-serve ones are so much better than instant imo, but they only have chocolate and vanilla. I add a little orange or mint flavor to the chocolate one sometimes. For the vanilla one, sometimes I'll add some canned pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice. I also do that with my cream of wheat in the morning, add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, then I pour a little fat free half-n-half on it. Soo yummy.