Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems, problems, problems and still no fill

I was banded on Feb. 27, 2008. That was nearly three months ago. I still have a completely open band, however I have a lot of symptoms described here when there is an overfill of the band. I have pain with almost every bite I swallow. I have to eat like I will have to eat after I do have a fill. (small bites, chew, chew, chew, etc.) But I still have pain and a lot of the time I just give up on trying to eat anything solid and go back to liquids. How long can a person safely comsume the liquid diet? Anybody else have these types of problems before their band was ever filled?:tt1:

What do you do when you develop a pouch above your band? I had an unfill of about 1/2 cc and now I have no restriction. I have gained 10 lbs in about 2 months. Doc won't fill back until pouch is gone? What do you do?????

Have you talked with the dr? I was banded in late March. I was having some mild problems. The fill nurse checked to see if there was anything in my band from surgery and pulled out 2.6 cc's. She removed 0.6 cc's to see if that would help me out. I have not gone in yet for an official fill. (I have a 10 cc capacity band.)

Have you gone to check to see if they flushed your band during surgery? They can just try to unfill you to see if there is anything in there - I didn't think I had anything in mine at all. And I am still not ready to have anything put in yet.

Even if you really don't have anything in your band, this is something you need to discuss with your physician's office.

Good luck and feel better.

:confused2:Hello everyone!

I have post questions before and your input has helped me sooo much! So Here I go again....

I was banded 1/23/08..... everything went well went for my first fill @ 6 weeks (3/5/08) 2cc's about 5 days 3/10/08 I started feeling nausea thru out my days. I went back to the doctor on 3/19/08 and he took out the 2 cc's to see if it was the band making me feel that way. I went for a follow up on 3/24/08 and they replaced the 2 cc's befoe I left the office they ended up removing 1/2 cc because I could not swallow. That night I ended up at the ER for a ER Unfill. On 4/7/08 They put .75cc in my band and 2 days later they removed .5 cc. STILL having nausea this whole time. I was sent for an Upper and Lower Gi, Results were perfect. So the doctor got me up on the table stated he would have to remove the .5cc left in my band because they were requesting that I get scoped to see what is going on. WELL----- The doctor ended up removing 4cc's from my band!!!!!!!!! And he felt a kink in my tubing. So my boyfriend and I thought about it, kicked it around and thought that somewhere the cc's were mis logged. Since he found saline that should have not been there he asked me to go a week and see how I feel. So I went to back as a check up this past Monday 5/12/08 and for kicks the doctor flushed my band and out comes 1cc more than he put in! And I have gained 4 lbs back!!!! So how is Fluid getting in my band and why am I still so nauseous all the time????????????? Does anyone think that I have a defective band? What are your thoughts?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME with this. I don't regret the band I just can't stand the nausea and the mystery fluid any longer

HELPLESS IN FLORIDA

:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2: