Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 5/7 anyone else out there close to me?

::Waving Hello to All::

I was banded on Fri 5/9/08. Came home from the hospital yesterday. I'm in pain but chugging along. I agree with others I think the most pain is in the port area and the gas/bloat. I also had pain in my shoulders from anesthesia pockets.

Welcome to the other side for many of you! XoXo

I am pretty much on the same diet, and I was banded the same day.. so far I can't really take more then Soups ... But I think that is my own doing. I had myself convinced pre-op that I would be on a liquid diet for x amount of time .... I keep reading my post op care book (post op diet included) to get my mind around the fact I can have full liquids and watery mushies but its just not working ROFL

I would recommend milk of magnesia if you haven't had a bm. It made me feel tons better. I'm less bloated and less gassy this morning. It helped get a lot of gas out. I only took 2 table spoons. It tastes like crap. So far today I'm feeling better. This is the first time I didn't get up at 3 am to take some pain meds. My port is the sorest. Its been a little hard on my 2 year old as she doesn't quite get she can't jump on me. I make an 8oz Protein Shake and only drink about 6 oz and feel full. I'm guessing its because my stomach is really swollen.

I was banded on thursday the 8th at around 2:00 in the afternoon. I'm super soar although the shoulder pain is disapating at last. I've had plenty of diareah or passing ot the barium crap they have you swallow for the swalow test before they released me. when does the abdominal pain fom the stabs disapear?

Never thought I would chat about my bowels online, but here goes. I had not had a BM since the morning of my sugery (Wednesday 5/7) :Banane53:

I wasn't feeling great (obviously). So my hubby ran out to buy me some milk of magnesia. The biggest dose you can take is 4 tablespoons. And I took all 4 tabelspoons. (apparently I am not all that bright :welldoneclap:)

Now I am not constipated anymore- that's for sure!!

My advice- if you are constipated, don't take the max dose like I did.

::Waving Hello to All::

I was banded on Fri 5/9/08. Came home from the hospital yesterday. I'm in pain but chugging along. I agree with others I think the most pain is in the port area and the gas/bloat. I also had pain in my shoulders from anesthesia pockets.

Welcome to the other side for many of you! XoXo

Hello Vanessaandgirls, I was banded on the 9th also. I've had some left shoulder pain and pain on the left side of my stomach, I guess where my port is. Other than that I'm doing ok I guess. I'm starting to realize how much of a challenge it is going to be not to eat out of habit and eat when you are hungry!!

Hi, I was banded May 7th also. I had some aches in my left shoulder but haven't had to take any pain medicine since I came home the same night. I have been feeling hungry but still sticking with the liquid diet, runny mashed pototoes, yogurt, blenderized Soup and Protein Shake. The only real problem I have had, is feeling dizzy the last two days.

I was banded may 6th. I'm so tired of broth and Protein shakes! but its cool....the first night I was sooooo bloated and sore, but the bloat has gone away. I was hungry as hell today, but other than that I'm good.

I was banded on 5-8 and have already made a big mistake, my post op diet said I could drink cream Soups put through a blender. I did potato Soup and have been in pain now for 7 hours. Don't do it stick with clear. Potatoe soup is evil.:) The other strange sensation is my stomach is growling. That never occured to me I'd be hungry. Didn't have much pain at all afterwards, not from the gas or even port area. ONly if I try to sleep on my side which is hard not to do.

Edited by plakeway

Hi i was banded 5/8/08 and i have gas too,also where my port is, is sore too. I'm not hungry but i have the shoulder pain and if i sit to long i get stiff. Can anybody help i want to make a ticker and i cant figure it out.

Edited by MizzG

Wow, 6weeks only liquids. My doctor has on put me on 14 days of liquid. I was banded May 9th and I am doing fine. Yes, I have had sharp pains in my shoulders and chest. My doc said its just gas. take lots of milk of mag and it should get better.

I posted this in the May bandsters thread. The more pain med you take (narcotic wise), the longer your stomach and bowels stay asleep. As for growling for hunger, it is actually gas moving to be expelled, not for hunger. Keep tract of it, you follow it all the way out-ha-LOL!!

I was banded 5/7. The shlder pain was aweful. I still get it from time-to-time when I allow my belly gas to build up.

As far as post-op diet, I have a pretty strict regime:

1wk..clear liqs, at least 40gms of Protein each day

2 wks...full liqs, now dividing into 2oz meals, no snacking, 40-60gm protein

3wks...soft diet, still 2oz each meal, 60gms protein

then off to maitenance...4oz each meal, whatever healthy I want to eat.

I accidently ate 3oz of cx broth yesterday and was stuffed and pittiful for 30mins. My doc supplies the protein Jello, broth and kool-aid so I can get my 40gms protein in each day. That really curves my appetite. I've lost 10lbs since my surgery...granted due to being on CL diet!

I was banded on 5/7 and I am bruised where my port area is as well. All of my other "holes" look great but I have a huge bruise and am really sore in my port area. I also am really shaky, especially in the morning.

I am attempting to go to work this morning.I think I am going to miss my heating pad most today. I teach elementary school- could make for an interesting day :)