Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cluck Cluck Cluck Cluck Cluck

Okay silly hens, stop reading between the lines of Mother Clucker! Chris always clucks when the phone rings. He thinks all us banded women are a bunch of clucking hens since we can talk for hours and hours. It's pretty funny. Call me any time to cluck. Cluck cluck CLUCK cLuCk Cluck cluck CLUCK clUUUUUCccckkk!

This is so funny. My brother, after hearing about my man troubles, decided I needed a diversion so he got me 10 little baby chicks for my birthday. I moved out into the country this fall and love it...but I've never had chickens before. Apparently they are egg layers. In about five months I'm going to have eggs coming out my ears.

Megan

we almost always had chickens when I was a kid. When I'm able to move back home I want to get a couple of hens. I think my neighbors would kill me if I got a rooster. But unfortunately, if there is no rooster, the head hen will take on the rooster duties, which includes crowing...

My younger sister carried home several baby chicks after visiting our Grandmother. She carried them in her jacket pocket. On the airplane... Of course, this was before there was much need for security....

That is so cool Megan.

We had Some chickens years ago and a Rooster well we live in town and our neighbors did not agree with our Rooster crowing. Needless to say when animal control came out they had a bright idea I could take the Rooster in and have his vocal cords cut. I asked the man would that be the same as you going and getting Casterated??? Really would it help you???

We gave them to a good home but I would love to have them again..

I'm dying of jealousy over here. Megan, you mean to tell me you have PEEPS? I adore peeps! I never got to have any cool pets like Chickens. My brother in NJ had a rooster that acted human. I WANT A chicken.

Cracking up over this thread. Cluck cluck BWAUCKKKKKK

Hey, at least we are clucking and not snorting or mooing!

Growing up on a farm there was all manor of animals. Cows, chickens, mules, sheep, pigs, ducks, cats, field mice, cocker spaniel, etc. I had all kinds of animal friends as a child.

I got a pet duck for easter one year. It was so young we had to keep it inside close to the coal burning stove to keep warm. I kept it for a long long time. My cat, Missy, and the duck, Quackers used to play all the time together. Fond memories.

I had Bunny Foo Foo, but we lived in an apartment. He ate all the electrical cords. He became best friends with a relative's cat. But one day they got in a fight and the cat won. Great, now the cluck thread is the sad thread. Bonehead.

our chickens we alcholohics... it was pretty funny watching them get stoned on pine needles and chase the shepard mix dog we had... ;)

Pretty funny. We had this beautiful black cocker spaniel once. The way my grandmothers farm house was designed the fireplace was in the center of the house and when you had it roaring it would heat the living room, bedroom, and the kitchen all at the same time. By the way, when you walk in the front door to your right was the HUGE open bedroom that held two double beds and to your left was the HUGE living room/office/sewing room. Then they got a coal burning stove and closed off the fireplace. Anyway, the way the house was set up you could run in circles. Start in the living room, kitchen, back porch, then bedroom and back ot the living room. So one day my sister and I were bored. We started chasing each other in this circle. My grandmother was laughing so hard at us. She just said "be careful darlins." Our cocker spaniel, "PUP" started chasing us. We would run and when we would get to the living room we would run and jump on the couch and he would jump up there too.

One time he didn't quite make the jump and ran smack into the couch head first. He stopped looked up at us and then started yelping. We ran to him and hugged him and cried and he barked then licked us and then took off running. He stopped looked back at us to see if we were coming. He faked us out. Smart doggie. He has gone to the doggie heaven now.

our chickens we alcholohics... it was pretty funny watching them get stoned on pine needles and chase the shepard mix dog we had... :D

one of my sister's hens, Henny-penny lived to a ripe old age, which is very surprising given her little accident. (more on the best "chicken and ducktape" story in another post....) One day, my mother looked out the second story and was horrified to see Henni-penny in the mouth of my sisters dog. The poor chicken was terribly limp and begragged, and covered slobber.

My mom ran outside (my mother never runs) with a broom to walop the dog for killing Henni-penny. Well, as soon as Tisha saw my mom, she opened her mouth, out hopped the hen like nothing ever happened. The dog was giving the hens "rides" all over the yard. She'd pick up a hen if she's decided the hen had wondered too far away and bring them back closer to the house.