Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok This 2 shake and 1-meal a day crap is really hard...

I had a friend who would suddenly want pizza for lunch or say things like " We can't do that because she can't eat it." She was very passive aggressive about her sabatoge, but you know what? I'm losing weight. I was bigger than her for a long time. Soon, I'm going to pass her up and even be smaller. So she can sit at her desk and munch on her chips. And you know, she's been very, very quiet lately. I suppose results speak louder than words.

U all are so great... Today was the icing on the cake for me. I won a portable dvd player & a $75.00 Gas card... and i was so happy... and i did well all day... I think it is more or less getting past the first few days that was tough... But the managers passed out candy bars to the entire call center, and I actually told my manager that there are enough fat people around here stop buying us doughnuts, giving us Snacks like we r beached whales and give us the stuff like they gave out today... But I was one of the luckey 8 that won both ... how great is that....

MsTrina, you crack me up! I can just hear you going off on all the haters in your office telling them about their attempted sabotage. Good for you!! Before you know it, your surgery will be over with and you will be on your way to your new sexy, sassy self! Stay strong!!!

Kathy I will be the first to tell u I am a hott mess at work...lol... I don't mind telling people about themselves exp. when they know they are bogus...lol...

MStrina.. Can I just tell you I totally understand what you are going through.. The friday before my surgery my work had a pot luck and not I hate pot lucks, but when you have not eating, but 1 meal a day for 2 weeks anything looks good ha ha.. and then everyone kept asking me Do you want something or Oh you are not eating. when EVERYONE knew I was getting ready to have surgery.. I am not shy so I make sure to tell everyone I know what I am doing that way they know can respect my choice..and THEN the week after my surgery when I was on part liquids and then moved to mushies.. get this my work provided breakfast or lunch EVERYday that week.. so it was just like rubbing the food in my face and by the 8th day of all liquids I must say I thought I was going to have to snap, but I did not I made it through..

One key thing to remember is don't tell yourself you CAN'T have it rather you DON'T want it.. It helps me make it through and I promise it will get easier.. Right now when I am full I am full and I could careless to see another piece of food, but It is still hard to resist temptation and I am working against that.. ha ha.. my best wishes to you and everyone else on this journey... take care

Hi everyone, I don't know how I am going to survive my pre-surgery two week fast. I work at a inner city hospital in a office with about seven other women who always eat.:grouphug: Not only that I work from 3pm-12am the wrong time of the day for me. The women in the office always bake or oder bake goods as well as food. Now the holidays are comming I love homemade mac n cheese, cheese and brocolie bake, spinach dip, and shrimp alfredo are my worse enemies:cursing: I really don't know how I m going to not drink my daily MOUNTAIN DEW!!!!:smile: Now all that said I a don't know how I am going to make it!!!! I need to fine a Protein Drink that I can live with. I am a vegatarian so I won't be missing meet or meet favor food/drink stuff. I would appreciate any suggestions on Protein Drinks. there are so many to choose from. I am basicly looking for the right proteint and carbs combo at the right tast and price...lol :pray2:

I know I need to do this!! I will feel a lot better once I lose the weight

thanks

can't wait

I just had to respond to this older post, because I am on the pre op diet. And I am HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to eat and it is 9:30 am. I am drinking chicken broth, but I want food. But I really want me surgery to go well, so I am sticking to the plan.:)

GREAT JOB!!! Give her the sista snap and don't worry about how she feels about herself, stay strong. I am just about to start this, still calling surgeons, but you be out there when I need you.

Jardenia

I need to fine a Protein drink that I can live with. I am a vegatarian so I won't be missing meet or meet favor food/drink stuff. I would appreciate any suggestions on Protein drinks. there are so many to choose from. I am basicly looking for the right proteint and carbs combo at the right tast and price...lol :biggrin:

I know I need to do this!! I will feel a lot better once I lose the weight

thanks

can't wait

Hi Queen, I'm a vege too. Jarrow makes a brown rice vegan Protein shake mix, I mix it with sugar free soymilk (Soy Slender, YUM) and if I'm living on the edge that day I might just go for it and add some sugar-free Torani syrup! I get the rice Protein mix at iherb.com, they also have a great drink shaker with a little coiled ball in it, add a little ice chips and shake away!:wink_smile: Hope this helps! It'd tough to be veggie and go high protein/low carb:bored: but you can do it! Here's to your health!

Riley

i can totally relate. I am on the one week preop diet. My banding isscheduled for october 28th. I am about to start gnawing on the walls. Hang in there and I will too. This too shall pass. :wink_smile: