Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Milestones

This morning I hit a milestone that I hope will be permanent. 3.5 weeks out I'm 17 lbs down, which is great but I've heard much more dramatic losses in the early stages. The thing is, this morning the number on the scale was 300, which could be reached with the scale at 250 + 50 (you know, the big weight and the small weight on a doctor's scale?) as well as having the big weight at 300.

It has been almost 10 years and two children since that number for me. I'm floored, thrilled, and a little nervous all at once. I don't want to put so much importance on a completely arbitrary point on a scale, but I can't help it.

Jeans that have been stuck in a closet for six years are back on my body. And they fit better than they did the last time.

Holy sh*t. :)

Alexandra

Congratulations. I know that is really a big milestone. I'm looking forward to reaching it too (hopefully in another month-2months!)

I know that I can't wait for that milestone - so I can really relate to your excitement.

You are always so positive. It's really a pleasure.

How are you doing with food? What stage are you at now?

Mary

Congrats. I too remember being very excited when the scales dipped below 300. It don't remember when I actually weighed and found I was over 300 but I am sure it has been a couple of years. I am working on the 250 mark now and hope to accomplish that by the end of the year. I know we are not supposed to be so attentive to the scales but it doesn't lie. If you've worked hard to lose then you want to see it in writing, or at least I do. I lost a bunch when I first had surgery and then again after my first fill but then I have gained some back and lost it again to make me right back to almost what I weighed before I had my fill. It is very frustrating but at least it wasn't back for long. I am having my second fill on Wednesday and hope that will jumpstart me again. Most bandsters say that it takes a few fills to find the sweet spot and I sure hope I come out smelling like flowers this time. So 17lbs is a big accomplishment. Would you have lost it and kept if off without the band? If your like me then the answer is no. I was amazed at how quick I lost what I had gained back. Just a little more discipline is all I needed and it fell right back off. Thank God!

Sometimes we just need a few good words of support from our friends.

Hi Mary!

I'm not really always so positive. Just ask my husband. :) But thanks!

I'm eating real food now, just a whole lot less of it. One piece of toast with cottage cheese makes a very substantial Breakfast. Phenomenal! I know this will change as the early restriction fades away, but it's enough to give me a good idea of what life with a fill might be like. And I like it!

How are you doing?

Hi Alexandra

I'm doing really well. I'm almost through with the "mushy" phase and can't wait to get to the "soft" stage. Today I had a scrambled egg for Breakfast and it was wonderful.

I am feeling much less restricted than I did the 1st 2 weeks. Today I was really hungry. I guess this well get even more evident over the next few weeks - and then I assume I'll need a fill. I don't go back to my doctor until 10/10.

Today I went to a Personal Trainer/Physical Therapist my doctor recommended. I had my first private session - 1/2 hour of some exercises. It was "OK" I'm going back on Tuesday for a 2nd session. I'll also be restarting Water aerobics on Monday. I'm looking forward to that - it's been a few weeks since I've been in the Water. Hopefully all the exercise will help with the weight loss.

I think I'm reallyh addicted to these board. I am checking them several times a day!

I also notice that the weekends have been harder for me. I'm so busy at work during the week that I don't think about eating as much. I also don't drink as much water on the weekends. I've got to get more disciplined with that.

Congratulations again on your milestone.

"Talk" to you again.

Mary

i have been dealing with these health issues my blood sugar has been over the top lately.still chugging along i have lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks and have set the 2 nd surgery date for october 2 if my cardiologist agrees im well enough to continue on.he says 12 lbs in 3 weeks is great and dosnt want me to do the surgery.i feel he isnt saying that because of my health he just feels we fat people are lazy and bring all this upon ourselves.but i really must follow him cause i do have these issues!alexandra you are doing great!!!! all the rest you seem to be right there also.i will keep you all posted okay.take care and god bless!

well done alexandra!!

ive not really thought about milestones myself....so i think im gonna!, it will give me something to work to and when i hit it i will be so proud......so i weigh 238 now, my next milestone is for 200lbs, i know i will do it!

well done alexandra...and it was really nice chatting to you the other night ( or day where you are!)

ive just worked out my loss and stuff, and ive just realised ive been putting the wrong weight down!!, i weighed 20 stone before banding ( 280 ) and now i weigh 16 stone 8 lbs, that in pounds is 232lbs so i have lost a total of 48 lbs!!!

right ive gotta go change my weight thing at the bottom!!!

Wendy: Nice to hear from you! Sounds like you're doing great, but I can't believe you waited this long for real food. I couldn't hack it, went to mushy before the end of the 3rd week. Now the liquid and mush just seems like a distant memory. :)

Congratulations on getting into your smaller clothes, too! I have a ways to go before dropping any serious sizes; I'm just wearing jeans in the same size from a different manufacturer that haven't fit me in a long time. 17 lbs isn't that much on someone my size. :) How cool of your husband to say that he's seeing the young woman he married. This brings up an issue I'm a little concerned about, but I'll save that for another thread.

Victoria, good luck with your medical issues. My fingers are crossed for a successful resolution!

Vampy, it was nice to talk with you, too. (Hey folks, check out the chat room, it's cool!) Congratulations on your super loss, too!!

As for my milestone, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, since after the weekend I expect I've put back a pound or two. But as has been mentioned before, it doesn't count as a regain until it's 5 pounds. Right? RIGHT!! :D:(