Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone else had a problem with a rash around the stomach area from the binder? It's really red and itching terribly. I'm trying Cortizone-10 Plus but it doesn't seem to be helping. It covers from one side around to the other. :)

I don't exactly know what you mean by "the binder" but the band-aids covering my incisions gave me terrible fits!! I think that tender skin just didn't like the latex or whatever they're made from. Even after I took the bandaids off,it took a long time for the itching and redness to go away.

dbowers, I was banded 4/28 and have been wearing a binder also for one week. They told me it was to help keep the port from flipping but I think I've been wearing it too loosly though. It was causing a lot of redness last week so I took an old towel, cut it up and put it around the edge on the top. That seemed to help a lot. As far as a rash, I'd call your dr. How long do you have to wear it?

It is quite common to have a radh or irritation from the binder. This is partly because of moisture that can build up beneath it and the fact tthat the binder may not be the best qualitiy material.

Cortisone cream may help, but tends to only offer symptomatic relief from the itching, not from the irritation. it may also promote fungal growth. The best thing to do is to wear a large T-shirt and then place the binder over that T-shirt. This should help. Another thing you can do is purchase another binder that may be better quality material - they are available at most medical supply stores, and many of my patients have been happy with Spanx.< /p>

If the problem persists, call your docotr. I suspect he or she will tell you to stop using the binder especially if you have been wearing it for a few days or a week - it woul dbe unusual for the port to "flip" after a few days.

Thank you for your responses. I stopped wearing it several days ago, but the redness and itching is still there. Gold Bond powder seems to relieve the itching pretty well, even more than the cream. I called my doctor too, and they said if it doesn't get better in a few days they may want me to take some Benadryl.

I have an allergy to the tape.My stomach is a red blob.

it is broke out so bad and itches..

A good thing to do for it is mix goldbond powder with malox and put the paste on it..

I promise it will work wonders.

I get this very often. So I found out a while back to put the malox on it.

Another thing I got a shot from my doctor the last time I had this flair up..Steroids. It went away in a couple days.

A Z Pack is another helper.

Just passing along some of my helpers.

Good Luck

Frances, so are you talking about Malox the antacid?? So what is the recipe? Could something other than Malox work? I'm using the gold bond already and it does relieve the itching for a while, but the redness is still there. I do have a prescription of steroid cream I got a month or so ago for a yeast rash on my stomach. What if I mixed those? My stomach and chest has just recently become very sensitive to soaps, moisture and all that. It's driving me crazy. I've been to a dermotologist and my family doctor about it. How long do you leave the paste on? I'm willing to try it.

dbowers,

Yes I am talking about malox the anti acid.

If you pour a little in something and mix goldbond powder with it and make a paste then rub it all over the rash it will dry it up and keep it from itching as well.

I also ask the doctor for diflican.. sounds like die.fluk.can

3 plls will dry it up as well.

This starts out allergy then turns to yeast..

So your yeast cream should help as well.

I had it a month ago on my face from tape with a sleep apnea test..

the doctor gave me a steroid shot..

Any of these sulutions will work for you..

I am also taking a benydryl.

Hope this is some help to you..