Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three things that are driving me absolutely BATTY in these forums!!

I get sick of chewing and I like the way they taste.

First of all, you are my hero. I wish I could get sick of chewing... hahahaha.

Second of all, I agree with everything OP said........aside from my seemingly annoying obsession with high protein/low carb bit. Sort of, that is. It seems to be working for me. What can I say? Meh. haha.

I couldn't agree with you more TommyO. You may not agree or even like the questions people ask but that is what this forum is all about. So if someone does not like the question skip it and go on, and no one makes us reply to a question. Also just my thoughts.

First of all, you are my hero. I wish I could get sick of chewing... hahahaha.

haha.

Well if I don't chew unti it's liquid, food gets stuck and that gets old. It's just so much easier to down a Protein drink when I am in a hurry. That seems to be often! Eating on the run and banding don't mix very well.:thumbup:

I just found this post here at work tonight and was cracking up reading it!! My add to the list of annoying is people who post with poor spelling, I can't even read their posts!! I should not have to sound out the words to try and figure out what your trying to say, I realize that not everyone is a brain surgeon but how are people supposed to take your advice seriously if you can't even spell basic words?

I think you will find that there is a common thread in my posts or maybe even a common post in my threads, now I'm confused.

My point is that I am fine with whatever your position is as long as you don't think you have a right to impose it on me. How does this apply here you may ask? Well if you say "I hate it when someone else does something and ask that they not do it" You are in essence telling that someone how they should act, You are attempting to impose your rules on someone else. On the other hand if you say I hate it when someone does something so I vow never to do it myself then I'm okay with that. Although that sort of thing is then an internall comunication and as such does not need to be broadcast publically.

I know that in some ways by making this post I am contradicting myself but this is why I have tried to stay away from replying on this thread. I also expect however that this post will have little if any impact on how much time people spend getting other people to change their behavior hoping they will behave more like them.

When we set out to change how people participate we are embarking on an excercise of extreme futility and we know it. With that in mind, our motives must only be to throw a little mud at an intended target.

If I had a nickle for every post that mentioned how I should interact on this site I would have a lot of nickles so I guess this behavior has no impact, at least on me and likely on most others.

So post whatever you want, ask whatever you want, think what ever you want and fling mud at whoever you want, I'm okay with that. On my end I will decide what I read, what I reply to, what I contemplate and who I will fling back at.

One final thing, I do have one pet peeve, how come no one gets my sense of humour?

Hmmm... I'm not sure if the overall post was directed at me, but I'm guessing so. The only part I can be bothered responding to is this bit:

"When we set out to change how people participate we are embarking on an excercise of extreme futility and we know it. With that in mind, our motives must only be to throw a little mud at an intended target. "

Well DUH!! Have you read the title of this particular forum lately?

"The only part I can be bothered to respond to is" seems an odd way to respond and for that matter why respond at all. I was posting to no one in particular, I was just trying to participate. Sorry If I have offended you in some way, maybe I should have asked a question that meets with your approval.

I would ask you the same question and will,

Well DUH have you read the title of this particular forum lately?

I think your Right Tommy O about a cycle that goes on .

But honestly some people need to really think about what they post i think .

Not only that I sometimes want to write " SEARCH FEATURE PEOPLE USE THE SEARCH FEATURE " LOL

Sometimes though as "Old timers" and that im not others have been here longer its good just to vent . Its not meant to offend anyone.

thats why its in the RR Section !!

Mindy

Ok let me step in before this gets out of hand .... the rules still apply in the RR section .

Rule 5.

1. Members will treat each other with courtesy and respect, especially when they disagree. We understand that bright, intelligent and educated people may not always agree, but personal attacks in the form of insults, abusive language or other means of obvious harassment will not be tolerated.

Just be nice ya'll !!!

If you want to speak to each other personally take it off the boards please!

Now Carry on !!

Mindy

I think that problems arise in a forum such as this when people assume that one poster is speaking direcly to them. Now there are times when this is obviously the case but at other times it is less obvious. I think a good rule of thumb is to assume that a post is directed to the group unless it is obvious. When I read through a thread I don't seperate the posts by individual so most of my responses are to the group. The exceptions to this would be when I use your name or when I respond specifically to a single poster who has responded specifically to me. One of the things that I am going to try to do from know on is to change word text, so for example, I will try to avoid using the term you and replace it with one. Here is what I mean, I often will write something like "when you attempt to" from now on I will try and remember too write it like this "when one attempts to". I have always assumed that people undertsand I was using the term "you" in a generic fashion but too often folks have read it like I am talking directly to them. One might see that as somewhat narcisistic but I will try and do better.

It seems that I have offended many folks and I guess I can put that down to my communication style. It is kind of funny however if you consider what I am like in person. Oh well one things is for certain we will never know if that really is true.

NO harm no foul Tommy . Just wanted to nip it before it got out of hand.

And I think your right. People assume a post is at them when it may not be .

the other problem in emails is you cant read peoples emotions . So you cant tell if someone is being smart a$$ or laughing , joking ect.

Anyway ...

Please all carry on w/ the thread , i dont want to kill it at all.

Just wanted to make sure no one was attacking each other before it started.

So Carry on !!!

Mindy

One thing that drives me BATTY (cause i just came across one) is I have not figured out if its not the docs educating patients or the patients not paying attention . But basic Banding rules and "orders" people seem to come on here and ask as if their doc never even told them !!!

What is up with that ?

Mindy

I'll respond to that! It's BOTH!! I think it starts in the office and tricles over into lack of ownership on the patien't part. I believe that the doctor's offices are not educating the patients properly!! There is also an element of patients needing to take responsibility for their own health and healthcare!

I am a nurse. I am educated and I did a whole lot of research for my brand spankin' shiney new Lap Band (can you tell I'm excited?!). But there are things that I have learned on LBT from reading all the posts that I was never told about at the office! I take them to the office and ask, and they say, "well, yeah, that could happen" or "yes, you could have large amounts of saliva come out if you eat too much". Come on! These things need to be told. The good, the bad and the ugly!

I am a firm believer in patient education. Help them help themselves. We are not stupid. Many have done their homework, but most have not (unfortunately). Also, many offices treat their patients like they are bothering them. Most appointments are short so there isn't much time to ask questions. Many times, patients don't know what TO ask. The seminars are fine, but often people are overwhelmed with choices...do I have RNY or LapBand? Which band would I choose? Dumping syndrome or fills? How about no surgery at all? Maybe I should try the liquid diet instead? It goes on and on. Once they decide they want surgery it becomes a whirlwind. Then if they do ask a question, they may get "well we told you all this at the seminar"!! Argh! I hear patients say these things and it frustrates me.

So, you all are right. Some of the questions on here are ridiculous. I can't believe that someone who complains that they "can't breathe", are having "severe, crushing chest pain", pain in their side so severe they can't talk", etc. etc. can find the time to type it all on here and wait for answers!!!! Go to the ER. Period. I mean seriously? You can't breathe but you can type?

Okay, I'm done venting now!

~C

Edited by Turler
added more vents!

FANNY FOR PRESIDENT.. It was really refreshing to hear you views because some people seem to have lost their minds along with a few pounds. There is no reason to think that everyone's weight loss will be the same and you are right.. we are not GP patients and do not follow the same guidelines as they do. with that being said.. Fanny, please continue to express your views and commentaries to counteract some of these other posters. I think i become too enraged and my responses are becoming a little bit "snappy"--- Bless you Fanny!

"The only part I can be bothered to respond to is" seems an odd way to respond and for that matter why respond at all. I was posting to no one in particular, I was just trying to participate. Sorry If I have offended you in some way, maybe I should have asked a question that meets with your approval.

I would ask you the same question and will,

Well DUH have you read the title of this particular forum lately?

My sincere apologies, TommyO. I was in a rotten bitchy mood last night should not have spoken to you that way. It was totally uncalled for and I'm very sorry.