Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, after nearly a year of wishing, and hoping, and thinking, and praying, and planning, and and dreaming... okay, I won't break out into song here (Oh, come on! If you aren't old enough to know the original song, you had to at least have seen My Best Friend's Wedding)... I've finally been approved, cleared, and am scheduled for surgery on Monday.

I'm really psyched, but nervous and scared too... With my insurance, doctor visits, etc, this has all been a pretty easy and simple process and I'm starting to worry that it's been too simple.

I'm scared I'm going to get to the hospital, be knocked out on the OR table, and my doctor's going to start poking around and find out I have some bizare liver problem or tumor or something that would prevent him from putting the band in.

I think the only reason I'm thinking of this now if because I went to do all of my consent form signings a couple days ago and one of the forms they explain to you gives them authorization that if they find something wierd like a tumor or growth or whatnot while you're in the OR, that they're allowed to biopsy it or do whatever they feel is needed to make sure you're okay for the procedure.

My doctor said that it's rare for him to find something like that, but that it has happened before and prevented surgery.

I've been to every type of doctor imaginable (some more than once!) and been tested for everything from cancer to hepatitis to west nile virus to friggin' ebola, and I've come up clean. But nevertheless, I'm psyching myself out now.

Help! I need a serious confidence boost so I don't have a nervous brekdown before Monday!

Edited by *Jewels*

Have faith! Someone (i think you know who i am talking about here) has lead you trough this process. As simple as it has seemed, the hard part will soon begin with you! Think of why you are doing this and the great outcome that will soon be!

I am going in on the 12th and share your EXACT same worries! But I think that since I am making a positive choice to change my lifestyle that it will be okay and I am going to let my faith lead me!

Best wishes to you! You are going to be fine--no worries :frown:

Oh it is a nerve wracking experience....you will be glad when it is over...It was not at all as bad as what I had pictured in my mind I was really scared and emotional myself. I would do it again in a minute though. Just have faith in your doctor and his staff. Good Luck ,just last Sunday I was in your shoes. I feel good today. You will too just follow what your doctor says.

YOU echo my thoughts exactly... was driving in to work this morning and thinking by this time next week it will all be over with and I will be at home. I am set for lap band on Thurs May 8th..in the middle of a crisis of in my marriage as well so the timing of this all is not great but after a year of jumping thru hoops to get this approved I am not gonna Detour.< /p>

Good luck to all getting banded this week!

Chris Mitchell

SeattleSweetie, I felt just like you last weekend but for different reasons. i was banded last Monday, April 28. I got approved really quickly and everything moved so fast. I kept thinking to myself, "is this really the right thing to do." I've lost weight so many times only to regain it back but the thought of PBing, slime, getting stuck really had me scared, not the surgery. I'm still alittle scared about eating out, maybe never having steak again, etc. but I know this was the right choice and only way I could get control of my weight. I'm almost one week out now and feel really good. I took a little pain medicine the day of the surgery but none after that (and I'm a wimp). The whole thing has been easy. Let us know how everything goes and good luck.

Thank you all, I'm so super excited, I can't even believe it. I figure if God didn't want me to have this surgery he would have put a stop to all this somehow long before now, LOL. But still nerve-wracking nonetheless.

Reinventing and CHW, I hope all goes well for you, also! Reinventing, no matter what happens with the marriage, just remember this is the best thing you can do for yourself and even when you're having problems with other people, this is the one thing no one can else can control or affect, so long as you don't let them.

:frown:

Seattle sweetie u are wise beyond ur years!!!! I agree that taking the right steps for ME and not letting the difficulties at home mess that UP is the right path. Reinventing me 08 screen name was chosen for a lot of reasons.:frown:

how many people get to do a DO OVER at age 54? scary and exciting at same time.

like that sig line for the may banders u have. How do i install??

thanks

Chris

The signature picture was made by another user (.lexi.)

At the top of this page, go to the blue bar with all the options (User CP, Albums, Blogs, etc) and click on the little down arrow next to "quick links". Pick "Edit Signature" from the drop down you get.

Then copy this into your signature:

[img ]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/corylexy/shrinkoswithflowers.gif[/img ]

And take out the spaces between the g and the bracket so it looks like . Do this both at beginning and end. These are called image tags. (I have to put spaces in for now to write this example, otherwise you wouldn't see the code, you'd just see the picture.)

Also, I'm super happy for you and wish you all the best! Getting a second chance at anything in life is lucky indeed!

Best wishes on your surgery, SeattleSweetie!!

(from another Seattle sweetie... :))

Hey, I hear the highs will be in the mid-60's this week. You can sit outside and bask in the warmth of "spring in Seattle" while recovering. :rolleyes:

Nerves are a strange thing... this is a wonderful NEW opportunity that has been presented to you.

Too easy? Maybe. Maybe it's what we make of the opportunities when they're presented...

Blessings on your surgery and continued journey. I'll be right there with you -- our bandings are the same day! [i'm in at 8:45 am!!]

Next year at this time, we'll be celebrating AGAIN!!! I'll buy the first round of bottled Water :)

shrinko de mayo.... hilarious. mine is on monday to. i'm nervous also. happy, excited and to be completly honest - nervous.

we're in this together - on the same day. good stuff!!!

i throw a prayer down for you SS. and you too GF.

Edited by RAS_STI

Congrats to both of you also, GF and RAS! check in afterwards and let us know how it went.

My check in time is 10am, surgery at 12:30 and I'll be staying overnight. The closer I get, the more exciting it really is. I think it's finally sinking in that I'm actually getting to do this! :)

Molly, I'm definitely going to enjoy the sun this week! I'm gonna lay out on my balcony like a beached whale and not care who sees cause this will be the last summer I'll ever have to feel like this. :rolleyes:

nice. i'm going in at 5:30am.. i'm first on the table. i hope the doc is warmed up.

:)