Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Major Nesting!!! Preparations for upcoming surgery and liquid diet

As most expectant mothers do prior to giving birth, I'm in this crazy nesting phase! I'm in the process of cleaning out my whole room and throwing tons of crap away. I feel if my room is clean and neat and I know where everything is then I will be a healthier person. I'm going to be getting rid of some pounds so why not get rid of some crap! I also need to start buying all sorts of stuff prior to my liquid diet and surgery!

I know I need to get Protein Shakes and stuff, but I'm getting so overwhelmed!!! I need like, a straightforward list of everything I should buy or do prior to my liquid diet start date of May 19th...

Please help me create my list!!!!! Any ideas or suggestions about what you guys have been buying and such would be greatly appreciated!!!

:thumbup:

Allison:

After surgery I had very little desire to eat anything. My family was a little worried...:party: I know alot of these posts say to buy sugar free but if you are only eating 300 calories a day in the beginning, a little sure helps more than hurts.

This is what I bought:

Boullion for broth

100% juice (some I drank and some I made into juice cubes)

Clear popsicles

For week two I bought

Creamy Soups

Protein shakes

pudding

plus the things from week 1.

Hope that helps!

Anamarie

I've decided to TOTALLY re-do my bedroom, paint and everything. I'm a total slob, and my room has been the same since the beginning of high school, its full of so much crap, I barely un packed from when I moved back from college so there are big rubbermaid containers full of sh*t everywhere, its literally a disaster area, I'm gonna work on it after school gets out on May 9th :) I heard on some show that a lot of clutter in your house clutters you life, I think its true! I'm usually so disorganized and messy, so I'm going to try to get everything really organized, I'm even putting the mini fridge from college into my bedroom so I can keep track of all my Protein shakes and such, here is a bit of a list I have going :

Stuff for lap band on May 29th!!!!!

1.) Clean room!!! Do all laundry!!!! Dust, throw away crap, move everything out of room, wipe down walls, paint, rent carpet steamer, paint walls, buy new artwork, put everything back in, buy new curtains

2.) Buy Vitamins, viactiv Calcium chews, etc.

3.) Protein shakes!!!! Lots of them!!!

4.) Buy some scar cream for post op scar treatment!

5.) Stuff I can eat, tons of diet iced tea and crystal light lemonade, some hot tea, chicken broth, Gatorade, sugar free Jell-O, sf popsicles, sf fudgesicles, cranberry juice

Planning everything is really helping, how is everyone else preparing??

I would add a big variety of herbal and non caf teas. Hot tea felt so good going down when everything else was gross. Also get a variety of brands of broth as you may get tired of the same type.

Oh yes - I also made sure all my clothing was clean and put away so that I could just grab changes of clothes, shower and relax again.

I also did a super duper bathroom cleaning and bleached everything twice because I dont want any infections when showering. I know it sounds weird but a clean bathroom makes me feel better.

Edited by Freedom2008

Allison, can I hire you to come over to my house and do my room too? lol. (It's HARD when there's a hubby to help keep it messy. ha ha ha)

I really can't think of anything else to add. I can tell you that the Rachael Ray broths are REALLY GOOD! There's also another kind in a box out there that are organic and those are excellent too.

As for Protein shakes, I bought the EAS Soy Protein in the chocolate flavor at Walmart this week and they're pretty good! (I like it best when I blend it with aew ice cubes- it's like drinking a REAL shake.) The first two weeks after surgery my Dr makes us drink the clear protein though, so I need to find out where I can get Isopure or Pure Pro at.

Good luck getting the room organization done! I know the show you're talking about with the clutter in your house = clutter in your life. I saw the guy on Oprah and he also does a show on TLC. He has a book out called "Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Big?" I've REALLY been wanting to go buy it, but then I'd have that much more clutter from it. (Trust me, I have five or six books on decluttering and organizing- NONE of them have done a bit of good. lol)

I read your post & literally laughed out loud & nearly fell out of my chair b/s my hubby asked me this weekend was I okay, becauae he hasn't seen me clean so frantically since right before our son was born! Glad to know I'm now the only nesting fiend on the planet this week!

I as well am laughing as I JUST (as in i just finished!) cleaned my room out BIG TIME! I also just moved back into my parents and have been living out of boxes. I still have lots of junk in boxes but I put them in the crawl space...I figure if I can live fine without the stuff that in them (and I mostly don't even know whats in them!) then why unpack them!!??! I feel soooo much better now sitting here in my clean room :confused:

I also was wondering if anyone knows of any Protein Shakes that are not sugar free....sugar subsitute gives me really bad headachs, so I try to avoid them. All of the different shakes I have tried so far have had sugar subsitute in them and I can only drink about 1/4-1/2 of them before I start to feel bad. Any info would be great! Good luck to those of you being banded tomorrow, and the rest of us to come!!! :wink2:

If I could figure out exactly what to Google I'd have an answer for you. (I've tried non sugar free Protein shakes and you wouldn't BELIEVE the garbage I cam up with. lol)

So I did get on a roll while the hubby is at work to declutter my bedroom. I got rid of a lot of junk, but I have a TON of clothes that are currently just a TEE TINY bit too small. I sure as shootin' ain't getting rid of them now!!!

If I could figure out exactly what to Google I'd have an answer for you. (I've tried non sugar free Protein shakes and you wouldn't BELIEVE the garbage I cam up with. lol)

So I did get on a roll while the hubby is at work to declutter my bedroom. I got rid of a lot of junk, but I have a TON of clothes that are currently just a TEE TINY bit too small. I sure as shootin' ain't getting rid of them now!!!

lol i have a whole second closet full of clothes that are just a wee bit too small too!! hopefully in a month or so i can get into them again! :wink2:

You know the sad part about these clothes for me? A majority of them haven't EVER been worn!!! I bought most of them at Target or Walmart, not thinking about the fact that you need to buy them a size or two LARGER there, and God forbid I try anything on the store. lol. So they've been put on, zipped up only for me to go "ACK! Camel toe!!!" and take them right back off.

I'm with you...hopefully in a month or so they'll fit great or be too big.