Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so here we are, 7 months since we started this crazy journey. i thought maybe we could all check-in, share how we are doing, what's working, what's not.

so i have lost 40 pounds. i am in need of a fill now, as i find myself with the ability to eat more and more. i am hoping to get one scheduled in the next few weeks before i start gaining any back! over all i am feeling really good. i notice myself playing on the floor more with my baby girl and just being more happy with myself. i struggle with my body shape now, mainly and mostly my stomach area. i have this apron of fat and skin, yuck. not to mention the boob problem! but oh well, all will be better in good time i keep telling myself.

hope everyone is coming along great.

I seem to be right along with you with around 40 lbs lost, right now I think im a little to tight, im going to give it over the weekend and see how it goes.

I have lost 79 pounds so far. I have only had 2 fills, 1cc & .25cc's. I have a 14cc band. in my 1st fill he gave me 2 & I was sooooooooo tight he had to take a cc out. I went back a month or so later & he gave me 1/2 & it was way to tight so he took out 1/4cc. Now, every time I eat I make loud noises & I have to chew chew chew (did I mention CHEW?) everything so so small or it gets stuck. The noises are a pain in the butt because I can not eat in a quiet place or everyone in the room can hear me. I have not told anyone except my hubby & daughter I had this done so I do not want the questions asked as to why I am making such loud noises. I am starting a new job on Monday & I am terrified about them wanting to do lunch etc...

I try to work out every day... Sometimes it is only 5 days a week now but on the other days I am out moving & not just sitting home on the computer. I think that is helping a lot too!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo freaking happy with the results of the band, so I will take the noises & the chewing any day over being 79 pounds heavier! I have the energy now, I can shop in NORMAL stores for clothes, no one stares, I can fit into a booth, I can get a hug from my daughter & her arms reach all the way around now!! I love it. I thank my primary care doc 1st & foremost for him saying, "You are way to heavy & you need to lose weight" for with out him telling me that I would still be where I was or heavier. He also got me the approvals for the lap band so my insurance covered it all... then I thank my band doc. They both saved my life!

I'm doing about the same as you lost a little over 40 lbs. feeling alot better with myself. Just cant wait for another 40 comes off.

I also was banded exactly 7 mos ago (give or take a few days). I have lost 63 # counting the 14 I lost preoperative. Not exercising as I should be. Just recently got my fourth fill last week, I now have 10.4 in a 14 cc band. I am trying to get used to this most recent fill. It may be too tight. I have certainly had some difficulties I really haven't experienced before, such as having to "relieve" the "stuck" sensation 3-4 times this week. Could it be that my band is finally, restrictive to the point of OBVIOUS now. I know before this last fill, I really had only been stuck 1-2 times in all those months, and I think that was because I ate too fast. Tell me what you guys think, is this the "Sweet spot" or is this a Problem Spot for me? This part is new for me. Overall, still extremely happy with having the band and it has proven a valuable tool for me to lose weight. Victoria 52

i THINK YOU MAY BE A LITTLE TO TIGHT, IM AT THE SAME POINT, I THINK IM A LITTLE TO TIGHT BUT I WAS THINKING IF I JUST LOSE SOME MORE PUNDS THE BAND WILL LOSEN A LITTLE, THE LAST TIME I HAD TO GET SOME TAKEN OUT, NOW AGAIN, SO I WANT TO TRY TO LIVE WITH EATING VERY LITTLE AND LIMITED.

Hi All,

May 29th will be 7 months for me. Its been slow but steady. To date I have lost 50 lbs.

A pound here 3 lbs there. I am completely happy. I get stuck every now and then, and I have decided breads and starches dont work for me as they usually cause a P.B. episodes. So I do meats and veggies.

I sure feel better.

I have decided I need to join a local support group as it will keep me motivated.

Good luck to all !!!

Connie:thumbup:

May 29th will also be 7 months for me. Down 62 pounds as of this morning (all post op). I LOVE MY BAND!!! When I was putting on my pants this morning, I thought I must have grabbed a pair of my hubby's pants instead - I just can't believe how much smaller they look! Feeling great and enjoying my new life. Can't wait to lose the last 88 pounds!!

Great job October bandsters!!

I agree, my band may be a little tight. But, I'm still running my experiment. I'm eating way more slowly, way less volume of food, and trying to listen to my "throat" you now that full volume feeling, like Fluid in a cyllinder where the level keeps rising almost to overflow. That feeling, I am trying to stop before that actually happens. I think this last fill is requiring a whole new learning curve. Today , with my new technique, no problems. Just going to slow down and back away sooner from food and see how it goes. I still am thinking that this is finally the "sweet spot", and I just haven't been attentive enough to listen to my body.

Hi, I was banded 19 Oct 07 and to date have lost 77 pounds and am just thrilled!!! I exercise 5-6 times a week and feel great despite the need for a hip replacement. I have had 3 fills and one emergency unfill. I have an AP 10cc band with currently 5.5 cc's. I will have one cc replaced 7 May and hopefully that will get me back to where I was before the last fill. I learned that when you get close to your Sweet Spot a little fill goes a long way. It was a painful but learning experience and despite it I am still in love with my band. Currently no restriction so definitely looking forward the the fill in 2 days. I am so proud of all of us and really admire the work we all do on our personal quests to healthy living.

Banded: 10-19-07

Highest: 400+

Surgery: 276.5

Current: 199.5

Goal: 135

Hi everyone,

I was banded 10/19, so, I'm fast approaching my 7 months! I can't believe it either - time sure does fly!

I went for a tiny unfill a few weeks ago, and what a difference that made. I have learned that it just doesn't make sense to live with a band thats too tight. It was very painful (although the immediate gratification was GREAT!). In the long run, I'm much happier now that I can eat a bit more and more important - keep it all down! I now have 5.4cc's in a 10cc band, and feel GREAT! I'm down between 45-48 lbs (depending on the day) - and look forward to the next 40. I really do like the band, it makes Portion Control almost automatic. No guess work at all :lol:

I was banded 10/1/07 and to date I'm down around 80 pounds. I haven't been into my doc's office since 4/1, which at that fill I had officially lost 74 pounds and the fill itself put me at my sweet spot (for 4 weeks anyway). I cancelled my appointment for 4/29 because I was still tight. I go back in on 5/22, possibly for an unfill to go on vacation cause I want to be bad!

looks like everyone is doing well, thats great!

I have my 7 month bandiversary tomorrow - and I am down 37 pounds which is exactly 50% of my total weight loss goal, so I am thrilled. It is slow and steady but expected since I started with a lower BMI.

Life is good and I am exercising (couch to 5K program.) I am 8.5cc in a 10cc band. Life in all areas is better without the burden of weight constantly on my mind.

Congratulations to all of my fellow october losers!