Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is it so easy to fall back into the bad habits????

I am more determined than ever. You all just don't know how much you all are motivating me to do the right thing. I have read post thu out the board and i haven't seen one post that says... Wow my Dr. told me to take it easy and not to workout for about 2-weeks just do light walking, but nothing to stressful...

But someone says the hell with that.. 1-week post op i went to the gym and worked out like 1 hr on the elliptical, i did 150-crunches, i did my arms, my thighs, inner and outer.. man i think i may have over did it.. but i feel great!!!!

It seems like there are no slips on working-out to soon..lol.. but with the food intake its like there was a slight change if any at all. Why are we eating things that got us overweight in the first place. If you are trying to loose weight you should not eat certain things bottom line.

Those things should be history, and i'm not afraid to let those things go and never look back because it's like pointing a loaded gun to my head... and playing russian rulette and saying.. Oh that pack of Cookies didn't give me a heart attack that time, so i guess it will be ok for me to eat that + something else..NO NO NO....You have to say enough is enough. I am tired of doing the same thing and getting the same results.. I have to make this change in order to get better results. We are here to inspire each other with our struggles and our stories. What you may be going thru will help me, and if not me someone else. I just want everyone to be successful at this point in the road, because it is no fun being overweight, and I get tired of hearing people saying I don't know why he or she is getting any thing done they are not going to loose any weight any way... or if they do they will just gain it back....That ticks me off...

I have no health problems. THANK GOD... I am doing it to improve my quality of life. I have eaten snickers bars, pb cubs, doritos, hershey bars, garretts cheese & carmel popcorn, pop, twinkies, cup cakes, peach cobbler, fried chicken, ice cream, mac & cheese, pizza, & nacho's enough to get from chicago to NYC if i put everything right in front of the other... and i refuse to make my junk pile circle the earth..... Even if you can't put 100% into it right now do more than 50% you owe it to yourself no one else...... Love u....:wub:

I am more determined than ever. You all just don't know how much you all are motivating me to do the right thing. I have read post thu out the board and i haven't seen one post that says... Wow my Dr. told me to take it easy and not to workout for about 2-weeks just do light walking, but nothing to stressful...

But someone says the hell with that.. 1-week post op i went to the gym and worked out like 1 hr on the elliptical, i did 150-crunches, i did my arms, my thighs, inner and outer.. man i think i may have over did it.. but i feel great!!!!

It seems like there are no slips on working-out to soon..lol.. but with the food intake its like there was a slight change if any at all. Why are we eating things that got us overweight in the first place. If you are trying to loose weight you should not eat certain things bottom line.

Those things should be history, and i'm not afraid to let those things go and never look back because it's like pointing a loaded gun to my head... and playing russian rulette and saying.. Oh that pack of Cookies didn't give me a heart attack that time, so i guess it will be ok for me to eat that + something else..NO NO NO....You have to say enough is enough. I am tired of doing the same thing and getting the same results.. I have to make this change in order to get better results. We are here to inspire each other with our struggles and our stories. What you may be going thru will help me, and if not me someone else. I just want everyone to be successful at this point in the road, because it is no fun being overweight, and I get tired of hearing people saying I don't know why he or she is getting any thing done they are not going to loose any weight any way... or if they do they will just gain it back....That ticks me off...

I have no health problems. THANK GOD... I am doing it to improve my quality of life. I have eaten snickers bars, pb cubs, doritos, hershey bars, garretts cheese & carmel popcorn, pop, twinkies, cup cakes, peach cobbler, fried chicken, ice cream, mac & cheese, pizza, & nacho's enough to get from chicago to NYC if i put everything right in front of the other... and i refuse to make my junk pile circle the earth..... Even if you can't put 100% into it right now do more than 50% you owe it to yourself no one else...... Love u....:wub:

What a coincedence, I was just going to post a thread that was going to be titled ' Old Habits Die Hard'...

I'm about 3 weeks post op and have not been filled at all yet and wont be until the 20th- so my appetite is back and I emailed my nurse and she told me to eat a lowfat diet until fill time such as Weight Watchers...hehe...After failing at 'Weight Watchers' 9 times in a 3 month perion my family Doc referred me for Lap-Band so I'm a little 'burnt-out' if you will, from WW. I had an ice cream sand. of my husbands last night because I had a 'bad day' .I REALLY wanted to work out but for some reason my pain level was horrible yesterday. ( I, too found that jumping right back into excersise helped speed my healing immensly- I think those muscles NEED that activity to heal) so I at the bad food- granted it was 160 calories and 5 g of fat it was still high in carbs and sugars and a 'no-no' and Ice cream is a 'trigger food' for me.

I think the main reason we slip back into bad habits is becasue it is the instant gratification that takes care of why we want to eat the shit to begin with. But what's MORE important is I really didnt feel terrible guilt for eating it- and I think thats a huge step in the right direction, as in the past the guilt would haunt me and make me feel worse. Pick up, move on, and we are all here because we were strong enough to change!!! and no one is perfect and we all mess up!!! But we are all strong enough to persevere!!!!!:thumbup:

Yes we do and u are so right... I know a lot of people that are doing good like yourself don't post often. I see more of the newbies like myself looking for answers. We all need inspiration. I would love to see threads like u know i drove up to burger king to get a whopper w/cheese but i decided to drive off or something. I think I want others to post their good days not just the bad ones. Because we all do slip but we should give a high five for the good days that people have also... Congratulations for being 3-weeks out and doing as good as you are...

Edited by mstrina27

I think your posts are very inspiring. Thank you.

Yesterday I had a zillion things to do in the evening - running the kids everywhere so I stopped at Wendy's and I only ordered something for them and I waited until I got home to eat something a little healthier. I was having a bad day and it would have been so easy to just stuff my face but I resisted. It won't solve the problem and I would have ended up feeling worse.

Thank you for continuing to inspire me to break out of the same-old crap!

I have loss weight many times and with old bad habits I'm back to my high weight. This time I will not fail. This time I plan to have food that I can eat readly on hand.So I will have to think in advance and plan also. I will have some healthy food for work in the car and at home. Pre plan so I can grab and run if I'm in a hurry. And remove foods that I can not eat from my home. It is up to me and my new tool.

U gal's are great.... and U all inspire me also. Everyday we make better choices makes that bad food choice giant even smaller... I want it to disappear for good and never return.... We are all here for each other....

The psychologist I saw before my appointment told me this can happen and that the key is moderation versus beating yourself up. I used to be able to sit and eat three bowels of frosted flakes for example or two candy bars. Now when I have a snack of "bad food" I have maybe two squares off a candy bar and thats it. In a way the lapband is teaching me moderation. While I have limited restriction now and can still eat alot I'm almost scared of screwing it up so I'm using that fear to motivate me.

ErikMesa :blush:

Don't worry. When you have good restriction it will be a lot harder to

mess up. Once the weight starts coming off really well and you are in sizes you never thought you would ever see again, it's easier to remember you don't want those bad habits in your life anymore.

I can have a day where I have been craving ice cream for days and I go ahead and have it. I get one scoop at Baskin and Robbins and usually will gain 2 lbs from it. That scares me half to death and I go

back to my good banster foods remembering that I don't ever want to

buy bigger clothes again.