Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two weeks post-op!

I saw the dr today and I have lost sixteen pounds!! I hope I can maintain a two pound per week weight loss. I started soft foods today...kind of queasy. :thumbup:

Congrats on the weight loss. Don't get upset if you see a little spike after starting mushies. It happens, but it will resolve itself quick enough.

Looks like you need to update your ticker.

Good luck to you.

Banded 4/28 and am a little disappointed I don't feel better than I do. Not having much pain at all but, I know it's gross but this is my third day of diarrhea and I am exhausted. Did anyone else have this. I called dr. and they said it is probably stomach bug and to keep drinking. Wanted to go back to work on Monday but not sure if I can.

Congratulations on the loss! I'm 9 days post-op and enjoying my first couple days of mushies!

Thanks everyone!

I am doing much better with the mushies now, but I am paranoid about gaining weight. DH doesn't think it is possible. I am eating 4-6 small meals a day. Drinking 64 oz of Water is NOT happening. I am working on it...but I am not a water person! I am not attempting soda...so that's good. I am a recovering Dr. Pepper addict.

Keep up the good work! My doc lets us start mushies at a week, and I was like you--dropped 15 pounds in the first ten days.

For me, the weight loss did crash to a halt when I started mushies, and I even went up a couple pounds. It doesn't make sense from a calorie standpoint, but remember that your intestines are probably all cleaned out after a couple weeks of liquids. :thumbup:

For me, I know I've been exercising and my muscles are sore, which always means a little Water weight gain for me. Just keep going and believe that the weight loss will come!

I'm not a Water person either but my Dr. said that Crystal Light would be a good substitute. They have tons of flavors and it really helps to get to that 64 oz.! Just remember not to drink too much at a time!

I am sorry to report that I am not doing very well with drinking Water. I am supposed to be at 1500 calorie target also, and I am barely getting 1000. That will change in another week when I start eating regular foods, I suppose!

80's chick, your 64 oz. per day should include other liquids you are taking in during the day too. If you are drinking other things too, that might be helpful for you. However, Water is best!

Just want to add I have come up with something that works for me to ensure I am getting my fluids. I try to drink as much as 16 oz. between meals. I try to wait until I know my food is not sitting in my pouch anymore, and never any less than one hour post meal. Ideal is one hour pre-meal. I can get down 16 oz. in about 30 mins. I wasn't this good at first, it took time but with this new band life we have to retrain our brains!

Edited by LilMissDiva

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches