Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We deserve to lose weight in an evenly distributed fashion!

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror today, just out of the shower and nekkid as can be, and noticed the slightest, faintest hints of my rib cade showing on my upper chest, noticed that the divet at the base of my throat is getting quite deep, and that when I looked over my shoulder, I could actually see shoulder blades AND faint impressions of some vertebrae.

I thought, "Wow, that's something you don't see on fat people!" and got kind of happy. And then my eyes lowered, to the gobs of fat and skin still hanging on my hips and upper thighs, and I thought, "Umm, that is..."

I'm trying hard not to sound like the girl who complains because she's losing sizes too fast, boohoo, got your sympathy right here... but this really sucks. I'm almost "normal" from my belly button up and my knees down, but in between I'm an utter, globby mess.

I'm sitting here wearing a 14 shirt, which has some extra room, and 20 pants, which really don't, until you get to the baggy legs.

It's just a little bit of piss on my wheaties that I'm not losing a bit more proportionately. Let me be a 16 all over, would you?!

Wheetsin:

I totally agree. I can wear a L top, but I'm still in 18's on the bottom and I'm 199 pounds! I thought I'd be in a 16 by now.

I have the collar bones and shoulder blade thing going on, and then from the belly button down - yikes! I hope that's where the last 40 pounds come from. I hope it doesn't take more than 40 to get the bottom down to a size 12 because I'm gonna look like a flippin skeleton on the top if I have to lose more.

This must be a trick from the Fat Fairy to remind us that we weren't nice to our bodies for a long time.

I guess we should take the positive side and remind ourselves that even if it's yucky and globby there's alot less of it than there was before we were banded. Good luck with the belly!

Sue

Me too, the joys of being pear shaped.

OK, so I'm much less different top to bottom, but my middle half, below the waist and above mid thigh, just isnt that pretty and isnt ever going to be.

At a normal weigh and BMI and without loose skin, I could use a full body lift. I have a fat and saggy bottom, the backs of my thighs are dimply and my inner thighs are mush and STILL touch, despite having a low BMI now. But none of it is so terrible that I could possibly justify the expense and risk of a body lift, although I will definitely go for a little Lipo just to get rid of the saddlebags.

I dont mind being pear shaped overall though. Its a normal, feminine shape, programmed by nature. I feel great showing up my upper body and I dress sensibly for the lower. What more can you do really?

I hear ya! I went clothes shopping today as I'm getting close to dropping a pants size. I happily found a pair of size 16 jeans in a brand that was broad enough in the belly with a little stretch to them. Another 10 lbs and the muffin top will be gone with them, too.

Then I tried on a pair of size 16 Levis 505's. As I vainly tried to stuff the saggy rolls of belly fat into the completely unyielding and too-slim waist of the jeans, I realized -- oh crap. I really am going to need a TT or I'll be stuck wearing jeans one or two sizes larger just to accomodate this #@$%@ belly, even when I'm at goal. :thumbup: I'm apple-shaped, and most women's clothing is made for pear or hourglass shapes since it's more common. Where the heck am I going to come up with $25k?? :biggrin: Will the rolls of belly fat & loose skin ever go away on their own, if I just keep losing weight? :confused2:

Yeah I bitched & moaned about this not too long ago. It's not fair, where's the WLS that lets you target problem areas?!

Size 18 chest, size 22 waist, size 13 pants. It's not right.

I now weigh 134 lbs and I am 5'6" tall but I still have an equator where my waist was supposed to be. Now that is not very nice, is it? Tummy Tuck, the next frontier, eh.

Ahh wheet, I knew I would have this problem as I already had a fairly impressive sag round the ol' tummy area from having the sprogladites. I found the full Tummy Tuck was a fairly effective cure for the problem!

The thing is that if you have a lot of skin in that area, eventually you lose the fat,but the skin aint going anywhere!

The thing is that if you have a lot of skin in that area, eventually you lose the fat,but the skin aint going anywhere!

Well now that's a depressing thought for a Monday morning! I was sorta hoping that as I am missing many internal organs, that once the fat was gone, the skin would sink into those cavities giving me a very trim abdominal region....