Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some inquiring minds

It has come to my attention via the grapevine that some of you are asking "where does Penni get her money?"

First, if you are that curious about another person's financial status wouldn't you ask that person?

Second, if you ask me I will either tell you or not but. So have the common courtesy to ask me not my friends. It puts them in a tough position. They don't wanna betray my confidence and they don't wanna lie either.

Finally, this seems to be a hot topic to some of you. If you really want to know then feel free to contact me via PM or email. I will either tell you or not.

I think it is rude and tacky to ask that particular question of someone unless you are close to them.

Also, I have never wondered about any of your financial situations and would never dream of asking one your friends how you get your money.

SIGH!! You wanna know something about me just ask but ASK ME not my friends.

Hi Penni,

Never thought to ask. But I will tell you my secret if you tell me yours.... LOL. Oh, I forgot to tell you I own a brothel in Las Vegas. Just kidding!!! I'm a headhunter, which could be close to the same....

Babs in TX

Lisa you bitch, Depends on the amount my girls bring in per week. LOLOLOL!!!!

Babs: I have the only brothel that brings in money in Vegas. Wanna buy me out? LOLOL!!!!

So. How much DO you make?

Penni, On a more serious note the the previous replys.

I agree with you 100%, it is really no ones bussiness where you get your money, how you get your money or how much money you have. For me that is private information. Whoever is telling you people are asking those questions about you, I hope they gave you names , otherwise it is pretty much here say and you can not confront them. Obviously by your post , this is important to you so I hope you find out who it is and get this mess cleared up once and for all, this board has had enough drama and you seem you have a full plate right nowwith yourt mother. Thisi s the last thing you need to be worrying about.

Hi I'm staying out of this one, But I am curious about one thing - In General.

I'm very new to the world of message boards, chat rooms etc. My girlfriend has me hooked on the DIS boards - the disney web community. There are thousands of posts flying around. My guess would be this is a beyond full time position to monitor this one. A travel ageny specialized in Disney sponsors the board and I'm sure they get many more bookings from this.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who sponsors this board???

Debbydoo: No one sponsors this board. The owner Alex owns it and provides the bandwidth so we can post to our hearts content. He is a computer geek and was banded and wanted a support network so he started the website. At least that is my understanding. Alexandra am I wrong or partially right? LOL!!!

Michelle: The person that told me about people asking is very reliable and it was already confirmed by one of the people emailing me and apologizing for asking. I am not worried about it I just think it is so tacky for people to be asking personal things about someone else they hardly know. But if you are that curious you should just ask that person instead of their friends. It is sneaky and underhanded. Almost like you are spying on me. I don't tolerate that at all. That is why I posted this.

Just to let people know that if you are curious JUST ASK ME. If you are just can't stand it and must know things about others then ask them but do so knowing you might not get an answer and that should be the end of it. We can't know EVERYTHING about EVERYONE and we shouldn't either.

I see this as an invasion of my privacy. It was out of my control what information I wanted to be known. The people that were asking were so nosey and inconsiderate of my feelings that they had to ask my friend things about me. That put my friend in a horrible position. That is wrong too. OK I am passionate about this as you can tell.

People if you wanna know ask me, I might tell I might not.

Who sponsors this board???

Penni is right, Debby, no one "sponsors" this board. The owner is a bandster with resources in the Web world and he provides the server space and software for the site. No one "monitors" it either, except in the way that the five volunteer moderators do. We can't read every message and have no access to private communications between members via PM or e-mails. All we do is participate in the board like any other member and try to answer questions or alleviate problems when they come up.

You'll notice a refreshing lack of advertising on this board. That's what I love about it! :)

I love the no advertising as well Alex. Makes it more homey and inviting. I don't feel like I am being sold something all the time. HOORAY!!!

WOW, that was quick.

Thanks Alex and Penni for posting a reply. I feel better knowing this board was not sponsored by Inmed or a particular physician's groups. I am soooooooooooooooooooooo Happy to find a place to be around others that are sharing in the same experience.

So thank You to the computer genius with resources for giving the rest of us this valuable tool for our own journey!! You've touches so many lives in a positive way - I hope you realize what a differnece you have made.

As far as snooping for personal information. We are so honest with each other with regards to the weight thing - what more could you possible want to know about each other!!!

Finances, relationships, religion, sexual preference, etc. are sacrad issues that unless they are out there on the boards to be discussed. They are noones business.

My opinion.

Happy Friday