Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you do it again?

Yes, yes, yes. I am so glad I did this! If I never lost another pound it would be worth it already. I've turned into a nerdy band advocate. I feel like taking a stack of my surgeon's business cards and passing them out in the parking lot of the Walmart.< /p>

Did any of you self pay? I may have to and my concern is what if down the road I have to have another surgery because of the band???? Then that is another cost. It scares me a little. Any advice?

Did any of you self pay? I may have to and my concern is what if down the road I have to have another surgery because of the band???? Then that is another cost. It scares me a little. Any advice?

I originally was self pay... I started doing all the beginning stuff when my company switched insurances out of the blue and mine was paid for! But if they wouldnt of it would of been worth every penny

Hi! I was self pay and it was soooooooo worth it. I was banded 1 year ago and I have lost about 60 lbs and I am still losing! (any other diet I would have lost some weight and given up by now and gained it all back and more, right ladies?):blushing:

But with this tool (the band) I have hope and faith that I WILL continue to lose weight and reach my goal weight. Only 40 more pounds! :lol:

This was the best $15,000 I ever spent! I would do it again in a heart beat! :sad:

I was self pay and it has been worth every penny. You can't put a price tag on your good health, self esteem and energy.

Yes, Yes, Yes....I would do it all over again. I feel better than I have ever felt in my entire life. I no longer have diabetes, nor do I have high blood pressure, etc. I take no medication and I can go to the clothes store and try on normal clothes....I have always been a plus, plus size....now I am a size 4 or 6......my self esteem .....well, I have some now.....well, I could go on and on about the benefits, but I'll shut up and let some other people tell you the perks.

The cost of the surgery at Rex Hospital in Raleigh, NC is $25,000. My concern is if I have any complications due to the band or if the band slips or needs removal then that is another cost to me. I'm a little nervous until I get more info. I do agree that it is a small price to pay for your health and to feel good AND get back into my size 10s!!!! I don't even care about being smaller than that. What did your doctor say about the future regarding costs to you???

Marie, have you considered Mexico? I am having mine at the end of the month...$7500--covers everything except airfare. (one night in the hospital, 2 in a hotel)

I have heard that is hard to find a doctor when you return to the states that will take you as their patient. Someone in the forum said that when they did finally find someone to "service" them the doctor charged $900 just for the fills. What do you know about it??

would i do it again? not only would i do it again i wish i could do it again. to wake up from surgery and realize i finally got the help i have needed for so long was an amazing feeling.

I have heard that is hard to find a doctor when you return to the states that will take you as their patient. Someone in the forum said that when they did finally find someone to "service" them the doctor charged $900 just for the fills. What do you know about it??

It depends on where you live. Some places have plenty of choices of doctors who will take people banded elsewhere and some don't. That's why it's recommended to set up after care beforehand.

If you find you are in a place where you can't get fills, then that changes the equation. It may turn out that doing it locally is actually cheaper, for example.

I definitely would do it again. I was banded 6 months ago, have had three fills and still get such a thrill when I dig through my wardrobe and find clothes that I haven't worn in years which now not only fit me but are loose on me. I have had to make big lifestyle changes eg. eat slower, chew more, no drinking with meals and it has been so worth it. I kind of wish that I did this ten years ago but I actually feel that psychologically this was the right time for me to have the band as I was so ready to make the changes.

It is an amazing sense of empowerment - I can do this, rather than continual depression of failure.

I was self-pay and the pain in the purse was minimal compared to the pain of carrying forever my extra weight and its corresponding negativity.