Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other CARB CRAVERS?!?!

Banded 12/20/07. Had my 1st fil 3/11. With 4 cc total in a 12 cc band. Had 3 cc removed, due to overfill & a month of vomitting that caused my band to tip :huh2:.

I CANNOT beleive how I crave BREAD:drool:! "Dieting" in my preband life, I always cut sweets & never had too much trouble with that...little did I know it was the carb monster ruling me! I CANNOT eat breads at all, as they cause my pbing, sliming & vomitting. I really don't want to have pastas for fear of the same ill results. I can eat mashed potaotes & baked, but it really isn't the card I crave. :whatchutalkingaboutAny suggestions as what could tmae the carb beast wihtin me?

mnilene

weight.png

Oh I will step up here and add to your thread.

I know absolutely that I have an addiction to carbs. I am very carb sensative and if I have too much carb intake in one day, I go into a spin. Emotionally, I start popping, my appetite goes up, and I want to GRAZE foods. I dare not mention the foods that set me off because if I am not out of a spiral I will obsess over the food until I eat a form of it that's what I mean when I say I have an addiction. I'm just like a drunk.

How I handle this, take control of the situation, is I am accountable for what I put in my mouth to a sponsor through OA..yeah I joined Overeaters Anonymous. I stay way far away from my red light foods.

Right now, to hold on to my food program I switched over to liquid intake for two meals. I LOVE fruity anything so I mix Propel flavored water 33.2 oz bottles, with one vile of Profect Protein Beverage which has 25 grams of Protein and 100 calories. I know my body is getting loads of Vitamins and the protein it needs so there is no psychological game of me denying my body any calories (the old Bube' in my head says EAT! You'll STARVE TO DEATH doesn't work).

Try Muscle Milk vanilla cream sold at drugstores. Again, loaded with protein.

I had to cut the 100 pack Snacks from my food plan when I ate four in one day. Just too much treat and I got too much meat to be treating right now.

Now that I am experiencing restriction, it is like I am going cold turkey off the carbs. I used to be able to eat anything, just small portions. Now the thought of bread or pizza makes me dry heave. Sorry.

I am hoping this will jump start the weight loss again and foow I can live with it. Thinking that 8.0cc is where I may want to 'live' after the weight loss as this is where I can still dabblein the things I like, but nt gain weight....we will see

My worst problem food was sweet carbs and it is still what I will pick to pig out on. But I eat bread and other wholegrain carbs regularly and they absolutely do not set me off on craving anymore carbs.

The only thing that makes me crave carbs insanely is cutting them out. So I dont.

I eat a wholegrain carb at nearly every meal. Muesli at Breakfast, a sandwich at lunch, usually potato or something with dinner. But sometimes dinner is just protein/veges.

I'm like Lap_dancer. I just have to avoid the carbs that I know will set me off.

I can have small amounts of potato, whole grain bread, whole grain Cereal, brown rice, etc. without having trouble.

It's when I start allowing foods like Pasta, white bread, or sugary stuff into my diet that I start to spiral out of control. So that stuff I avoid as much as possible.

Me and carbs have a relationship that I'm reluctant to break. I have no problem eating bread, potatoes, Pasta or sweets. Unfortunately I have no problem eating anything. So at the moment it's all willpower for me to keep the weight off. I'm hoping my next fill will help curb some of it.

My doc says I shouldn't cut out carbs completely. I try to avoid them on the evening period, if I can manage, dinner usually is just protein+veggies, but every now and then i'll have rice or Pasta. I eat allbran, oatmeal, and some other complex carbs, as it helps me avoidind compulsive eating and those terrible cravings.

niki

I need to just not have them on hand honestly. Snacky type carbs that is. Yesterday we did grocery shopping and I bought a weight watchers dessert (2 in a box) a small hersheys plain chocolate bar and a box of 100 calorie pack Cookies. Sure enough, guess what I was obsessed with last night and ate all of? I ate both Desserts, the hershey bar and 2 100 calorie packs. Ok so I was full and didn't eat dinner after that but that really is not the point!!

I've asked my husband to throw out the rest of the box of cookies today before I get home. I am fine with just having a candy bar occasionally, no harm in that, but I realize it has to be something small I can eat then and there and nothing where it is multiple servings, cos I will eat them all!!! You live and learn, right?!!

Edited by Rubyjade
added stuff

I can pass up ice cream, cake, Cookies, baked potatoes, noodles, and even the chocolate, but put some crunchy, crisp chips in front of me and I lose all fortification and control. I'm a sucker for crackers, tostitos, cheese nips and kettle chips. I thought I would miss potatos and beer. Nope. Just miss crunching on something salty..... Grrrrrrrrr. It's so frustrating.

I always craved carbs -- like bread/pasta/potatoes and I NEVER craved sweets. Now I think that I crave both equally. The craving for bread/pasta/potatoes is defintely less. I only crave sweets every once in a while.

Oh how I miss my complex carbs! I was definitely an addict, and now that I have the band, I cannot give in to my cravings for Pasta, bread, rice, or cake at all. I used to be able to eat an entire pound of Pasta in one sitting! I would almost get a "high" from it. Now when I try to eat those foods, they immediately get stuck.

The good news is I can still eat a baked potato, corn, lima Beans, avocados, and most starchy vegetable. I can even eat the occasional crunchy cookie or cracker. I still crave the "bad" carbs that used to get me in trouble. Thank goodness the band stops me from indulging, and keeps me on track with the healthier carbs!

Banded 12/20/07. Had my 1st fil 3/11. With 4 cc total in a 12 cc band. Had 3 cc removed, due to overfill & a month of vomitting that caused my band to tip :lol:.

I CANNOT beleive how I crave BREAD:drool:! "Dieting" in my preband life, I always cut sweets & never had too much trouble with that...little did I know it was the carb monster ruling me! I CANNOT eat breads at all, as they cause my pbing, sliming & vomitting. I really don't want to have pastas for fear of the same ill results. I can eat mashed potaotes & baked, but it really isn't the card I crave. :whatchutalkingaboutAny suggestions as what could tmae the carb beast wihtin me?

mnilene

weight.png

I have had the worst craving for DAYS for a big fat handmade NYC chewy bagel. Lightly toasted with whipped butter and raspberry jam. Served hot.

You have no idea.:blushing:

I think just not having the opportunity to be around any of the stuff is key. I just can't keep stuff like that in the house. Or if I do, it's in the freezer so it's no easily accessible. I absolutely can't keep the 'good' goodies (candy, etc.) here. It took every morsel of self control not to grab a KitKat bar at Target today. I was in a crappy mood, the kids weren't behaving, I was hungry - starving. I wanted that damn thing like nobody's business. But I was good. Of course it didn't help that when I got out to the parking lot an empty one flew past me in the wind:cursing:.

But I was good, and even avoided the drive through Dunkin Donuts on the way home. Instead, I had one of those cup in hand Campbells things when I walked in the door. Comparable? NFW. But better? Slightly.

Still, it's a battle that I know I'm going to always have to fight. *sigh*:sad:

-m

Edited by dancinglamb

OMG! :P Are you kidding with this question? Most of us are carboholics - or carb junkies. That's one way we got into this situation. My head is spinning with all the things I might not be able to eat after I get my band (5/9 yeah!). I just have to take responsibility for what I put into my mouth. I keep telling myself that it's stay away from them or die. And really, that's what it comes down to.

You can do this. I plan on finding an OA group - when I find one that doesn't ostrasize me :mad: for getting a band. I've been to OA before and they can be really vicious in some circles. One even told me that eating any carbs was breaking my food plan - even though I am a diabetic and MUST have some to balance the meds.

Just hang in and let the demons go. :smile2:

Best of Luck,

Barbara