Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, here it is just about 5 months since surgery (11/27/07), and all I have lost is 30-32 lbs. I know that I am to blame, not my band.

Why can I not force myself to get on that elliptical in the spare room? or remember to NOT eat that cookie, or chips? My portions are too big I am sure. Maybe once I get a second fill I will be able to better control the portion part of my bad eating habits. I am hoping this will help me alot. So far I have had 1 fill, that is a 4.5 cc in a 10 cc band.

Partly for my deflated mood is that there are girls at work taking adapex pills for wt loss. One girl lost 30 lbs/month, another lost 26 lbs. I fell they are looking at me with the haha look how much i have lost without surgery. I could be paranoid, but that is what the girl inside my head is thinking. Can you beleive that I have contemplated getting this drug without anyone knowing. Whats wrong with me?! Uh oh, i believe I am pmsing too....lol

Well thanks for listening to me rant....i have not posted or replied in a while due to my feelings of being unsuccessful once again....

Thanks, Debbie:sad:

Kuchiegrl1...stop feeling sorry for yourself and get back on the program. You can do this. Try to watch what you eat and get another fill. You made a wise decision in getting the LB so use it to your advantage. Don't let what the other girls at work are doing get you depressed.

Look at the weight you have lost. Congradulate yourself, be proud, and know that you are a stronger person today than you were before the LB. Have a good day!

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have been feeling like this for a couple of months now.....I need to dig deep to find the stronger person that I know I have inside,,,,so far the darn girl keeps eluding me....:thumbup:

Anyhow, its just been a little unberable at work cus I keep having ppl ask me how much wt I have lost, and now all i say is....i am down 2 sizes....and smile...but very dissappointed inside....does this make sense?

Thanks again.

By the way, Newimage, when did you get your surgery and did you have any slumps?

Debbie

Your weight loss is right on target for 1-2lbs a week, right? That's a safe, healthy rate of loss and just right.

Keep working at it and the pounds will add up spectacularly over time.

And those girls on the diet pills? Are going to gain all their weight back. Just like most of us did every time we dieted in the past.

And I always recommend The Beck Diet Solution now because it really helped me come out of a slump and I've been doing great ever since.

Hi Debbie I know exactly how you feel. I also have lost only 31 lbs and even though I am happy with that I am peeved at myself because I know I could have been another 10-20 lbs down by now. I have more fill than you 8cc and can still eat heaps. You sound like you need a fill asap because for most people 4cc does not make much of an impression. The head stuff is the worst for me, I just can't seem to get out of old habits. I go okay for a while then fall over again which is why I keep losing the same 2 lbs over and over again. I started going to the support group at the hospital last week and that helped put some things into perspective. I guess we have to become accountable at some point so how about now? Let's revisit this in a week and see what we've achieved. Good luck.

Debbie,

I've lost 37 pounds since November and I am thrilled. I'm down from size 24 to size 18 or 20, I have lots more energy, I am not starving all the time, and I don't feel like I am going to gain the weight back. I figure it will take me two years to get down to my goal. I am totally fine with that.

This is a long-term journey. Some people lose weight really fast, and some people lose slowly. There are pluses and minuses to each way. Neither is the "wrong" way. Me, I'd rather lose slowly and eat fairly normally. That's just a personal choice.

The point to this ramble is that you shouldn't feel bad about having lost the weight you have. Concentrate on making healthy decisions and moving more. Think of some non-scale victories. Molly is right, those bad girls will go off those pills and gain all that weight back - and more. You have made a change for LIFE.

Snap out of it girl! You are doing great.

Debbie, you had WLS to GET OFF that diet, pill, book, fad, roller coaster. You will get where you want to be,one pound a week adds up, and you will look and feel great, when those other girls have lost and gained again and again. Read this forum every day, go to your support groups, and in a year those others will be begging to know who your surgeon is!

Get in to some support groups as soon as possible! Remember - it's up to you - if the girls at work are upsetting you, it's you who allowed them to upset you. YOU CAN DO THIS. I haven't even got my band yet - I'm on the Optifast (day two) and am starving, but I'm changing my habits.

I know that you can do it. LB is slow and healthy compared to other stuff. If diet pills worked, none of us would be fat. You have to get rid of the junk - make it harder to eat poorly. Try moving everything in your kitchen - when you change the cabinets and pantry you have to WORK to find where you put it. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION for me, is it for you? Remember what you went through to get the band in the first place?

Keep up the good work. From what I can see you're right on track with everything at 1 to 2 lbs a week. shake the blues, girlfriend!

By the way, we have the same doc. I'll get my surgery 5/9 with Dr. Krish. I live in Clearwater. You can email me if you want - I'll support you gladly, because I'm expecting you to support me too!

Best, Best , Best of Luck!

Barbara :thumbup:

You guys ROCK! I am so glad to get back on here again.....thank you all for your kind, thought-provoking words. Wow I almost forget who I am, why I am here, and who I can become. I will work on getting myself to become friends with that ellipitical. Maybe I should name her....lol

I need to talk to my husband about the snack situation at home....but then again I should try harder to eat the fruit and not the Cookies. This is fair to him....he needs his Snacks at night (yes he eats without gaining :w00t:)

We bought a new boat, and although I feel okay out there in my babe-in-suit, I would rather feel comfortable and fabulous!

I also have missed most of the support meetings due to my 7 days on 7 days off shifts. I wish somebody lived here in Plant City so we could partner up to walk on my days off. But until then, I am slowly walking to the spare room......stay tuned.

Debbie

Debbie,

Don't be hard on yourself. Get rid of the junk in your house. You don't need it and neither does anyone else. Then go get a fill. I started with 4cc in my 10 cc band. I wasn't any where near restriction until I hit 7cc. I can tell you that my last fill(3rd) really did the trick. I'm not losing fast, but I am losing. I figure as long as the numbers are going down, that is a good thing.

I've had a difficult time exercising, due to knee issues. I have made changes though. I park further away from the door and take the long way on all of my errands. Little changes make a big difference.

Debbie,

That is a great weight loss. Be proud of what you've accomplished. You have reached that point in this journey where you need to re-evaluate what you are doing. I believe the 1st step is to get a fill.

I was struggling a while back and had to re-evaluate. I bit the bullet and bought sessions with a personal trainer. I started logging my food and found that I was eating too much fat. I changed what I was eating and the weight started coming off.

Good luck!

You can do it!!!!! :(

Debbie,

I was curious so I checked out Adapex on the net. Never heard of it before. You'd be crazy to resort to that stuff. Technically, its speed! Sure it controls your appetitie while your bouncing off the wall! If I took something like that, I'm sure my family would disown me. Sometimes, this band makes me cranky enough without taking a pill that makes you hyper and irritable. It's also highly addictive. Those girls in the office are playing with fire. They won't feel so smug when they need to get off the stuff and can't without a trip to rehab.

You just need a fill and to get your head in the game. I'm having a tough time too but resorting to diet pills is not the way to go.

your right Cindy.....i wont be resorting to any pills. Never have, and never will. But I guess I was just getting frustrated with myself, and then seeing the look on their faces, u know what I mean. I dont see the surgeon until 2nd wk of May, due to my work schedule and he only does fills on tuesdays...so I will have to wait for now.

Thanks for the hand up off the ground. I am now brushing myself off and starting with a fresh,excited frame of mind, like when I started.....

Good luck to you too Cindy, and everyone! I surely appreciate your tender support.

:w00t::huh2:

Debbie

Kuchie, I'm so glad you're getting a renewed sense of ... what is it ... optimism, encouragement, hope. I was where you were too. What it took for me was a trip to see my friend for a week who took me to the gym, got me eating good food again. Now I'm losing again, thank goodness. I don't lose fast, but I am losing.

You got to shake it up a bit. Do something you haven't done before. Get out of your comfort zone and surprise yourself. I completely shocked myself by going to a gym - something I NEVER thought I'd do ... and it's actually not bad at all!

And dh does NOT need his snack foods, especially if he's trying to support you. Ask him nicely, but firmly, to get rid of it or you will. It's not fair for you to stare at that stuff in your house. If he needs it, he can buy it and have it at his workplace.

It sounds like a few of us are going through/have been in the slumps. I think it's because the high of being banded is wearing off and we're at the point where we're realizing uh oh, I actually have to do some work to lose weight! I was in total denial about this, thinking I could just eat less. No way man, I got to exercise too. Not fair! But it's the only way to do it.

Keep us updated!

Linda

I have an issue with the Snacks in the house too. My teen daughter is trying to lose weight so she's not the problem. But my husband and son are thin. Hubby once brought home Hagen Daz (sp?) chocolate ice cream and DD and I nearly kicked him out! Now I mostly buy the 100 calorie snack packs which are better for everyone. I only have one once in a while and know exactly how many calories it is. Those little snack packs are a great idea even for kids!