Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going into complete panic mode

Tomorrow is band day! I'm excited, but scared crapless at the same time. For those who have gone thru the surgery, did y'all go thru all the "what if"s? What if something happens on the operating table, what if I don't like the band, what if I don't (god forbid) make it thru surgery....

I keep going from exciement to wanting to call it all off. I know I will be OK, right? I have had my gall bladder removed, so I have gone under anesthesia and they messed with my insides while doing that. I have 3 small kiddos and I had TONS of "what if"s about them... Scarey thoughts of things that could go wrong, kwim....

Please tell me I'm not the only one going thru this panic mode. Tell me this is all normal feelings!

You are totally not the only one. I had a full blown panic attack the night before my surgery. If I could have gotten a hold of my doctor I would have called the whole thing off. I am so glad I didn't, I am five weeks out and I love my band. You are going to do great and it is absolutely normal to have those last minute worries.

Yes, I did. Even made a Last Will and Testament. hahahah

Even gave instructions to family if they get a call saying I've died...step by step on what they should do.

It's normal to feel apprehensive....shows you are not taking this lightly.

Good luck tomorrow and we'll talk with you soon about your experience in surgery.

I feel EXACTLY the same! I dont even have a surgery date yet, and I still have sleepless nights about all the "what ifs". I have kids too, and I cant imagine them going through life without me...then again, if I stay on the course Im on now, I may not be around to see them grow anyway.

I wish you all the best in your surgery! I cant speak for anyone else, but you are definately not alone in your fear.

A

You will do fine, I was so scared I nearly jumped off the table the morning of the procedure. After my surgery I said I had only one regret, waiting so long to get the surgery... I wish I had done this years ago, I would have had a better quality of life sooner. Good Luck to you.

Tomorrow is mine too!!! I am so excited. Nervous, but excited. It's not the surgery part that bothers me, it's the lifestyle changes afterwards. I know I can do it, but just don't want to fail.

My 7 year old is a little upset that I am having "a surgery" as she calls it. She told her whole class that her mom was "having a surgery to put a giant rubber band around her stomach so she wouldn't be fat anymore"... nice...

I don't know if I'll sleep or not. I plan to. I love sleeping... Looking forward to the excuse to sleep tomorrow afternoon away after I get back from surgery.

So good luck bling and hippiemomma! I'll see you both on the other side!

Well, today is the day. I am suppose to be at the hospital in 30 minutes, but I can't drag my hubby out of bed.

I hugged and kissed my kids all night last night. My youngest (he's 6) cried in my arms asking me to please not go have surgery. His little mind had him beleiving that they are going to leave the sleep medicine on and I will never wake up. :rolleyes2: As if I didn't have enough worry, right)

I'll let y'all know how it goes! Thanks so much for your support.

Yesterday was my band day and I did the same thing... It will be fine. You will go to sleep and then wake and it will be all over. Good luck to everyone...

:rolleyes2: You guys are going to be fine! This is all normal. If you didn't have this turmoil you wouldn't be normal. There's lots involved with any surgery - even "band-aid" surgery. I look forward to hearing from you all and finding out your experiences. My own band-day is two weeks from today. Actually, at this time (12:27 pm) two weeks from now I'll already have my band.

Congrats to all of us for making this committment to ourselves and our families!

Cheers,

Barbara

I was so panicked I think I went into shock and just let everything go. Totally normal. You'll be fine. After surgery you will be like "what was I worried about?" Good luck and best wishes Darling!:rolleyes2:

bling, I hope you did OK. I am home and fine. The gas pains were bad yesterday, but today I just sore. It feels like someone has kicked me in the stomach several times. My throat is also a bit sore from the tube, but other than that, I am OK. Taking it easy today, just sleeping a lot and trying to walk some. I could sleep on both sides last night and even onto my stomach a little. I was actually surprised. I am only taking pain meds every 7 hours or so instead of 4 yesterday.

It's nice to be on the other side!

Here we are on the other side! We made it!!!!!! I'm sore today. For some reason I haven't been taking my pain meds, perhaps I should!

My stomach feels like i got suckerpunched, but I'm hanging it there. The chest pains suck though.

Hey Hippiemamma! Glad to see you on the other side!! It's a transition for sure, but I know we'll all be happy about it in the long run!