Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded TODAY!! Have some questions!

OK, I'm officially a bandster! I'm going to make this short, b/c I'm sleepy:wink2:, as I know you all will understand. Surgery went off w/out a hitch, pain was bad when i woke up, but they finially gave me something stronger than vicodin, I was better. I'm up and around, I'm pushing myself to walk around every two hours b/c I've had laproscopic done before and know how important it it to get the gas out. OK, here are my questions:

1. I'm on Clear liquids, everything liquid goes down ok, Jello however, doesn't. I'm keeping it my mouth until liquid consistency, and when i swallow, I get a real heavy and I must say really uncomfortable feeling right in the middle of my chest, and I feel it going the whole way down, and once it's in the belly, the pain subsides. Is this normal? Maybe the gas?

2. I'm sure it's also normal to not be able to take in a deep breath? Heavy feeling...?

3. I didn't get to talk to my surgeon before I went home, so i will call tomorrow, but when do I start needind to get in all the Protein and all that? After Clear Liquids? During FULL liquids phase?

Ok I can't type anymore, no more energy, I appreciate all the reponses, as i will be up tonight b/c pain meds do the opposite to me....they wake me up!!!!! SUCKS! Oh well, they help!

Thanks everyone for you feedback and support, i can't wait to start this journey will you all!

Katie, Congrats on being banded and glad to hear that you did well.

You should call your doctor to find out about your diet as so many of them vary. I've so many things that are different than what my doc wants so I would see what he want you to go by. I can't answer your other questions since I haven't been banded yet.

Take care!

You might want to hold off on Jello ,,, did the surgeon say jello was ok ?

I could not have jello until All liquid stage.

If its giving you issues i would hold off on it anyway .

As for when to start Proteins that's up to your doc and i would ask him that , each doc is different . My personal advice ANY questions you have on advancement of diets need to be addressed to your doc !!

Good luck and congrats !!!

Mindy

I am day 6 post op & Jello still feels very heavy to me too. I am on full liquids now & Soups & Protein Shakes go down very easy in very small quantities. It still hurts in my left ribs to take a deep breath, but they gave me a respiratory machine to beathe into & that helps some. Each day gets better.