Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do "sweet eaters" have a harder time on the band?

Do you think that people that crave sweets have a harder time getting the band to work because they're easier to eat no matter how restricted you are?

I know there are people that prefer certain foods to others or have weaknesses for certain foods. During hormonal times of the month I crave sugar and when I'm sleep deprived I do also. Any thoughts out there?

brandy II, who is trying to Weight Watchers and they have sweets 2 points and under and hopefully that won't screw me up!!!!!!!:tt2:

Edited by brandyII

I'll admit, I'm a sugar addict, At times it can be hard! But, instead of eating the entire bag of Cookies pre-band, I can only eat a few. You do have to make your mind up and make better choices with the band.

My cousin had gastric Bypass in Nov of 2006 and now she no longer has the dumpting syndrom and can eat sweets. So the the dumping syndrom with bypass is temporary for most people. Some have it always, but from what I read, your body gets used to it and you then don't have it.

Ether surgery is not a quick fix, you do have to make better choices no matter which one you choose, but they will be a tool to help you.

The answer to your question is yes. For RNY patients, they can't eat sweets due to dumping. For a bandster, many sweets go down juuuust fine.

This was TOTALLY an issue my surgeon pointed out before I had the band put in. It's something that has to be addressed.

For me, I need to make sure I get enough Protein. I tend to crave less sweets if I get enough Protein. It's not a failsafe, however. I do still have sweets.

In all things, moderation. It is possible to work sweets into your eating plan and still lose weight.

I just don't know. Is what I experienced worse than those who ate meat and veggies or fried foods?

Like you, pasteries were my favorite foods...honey Buns, muffins, chocolate cakes by little debbie, etc.

For me, I was able to still eat those but only 1 bite. It took discipline to eat one bite and give the rest to my kids...but I did it.

Now, I have a box of little debbies in the kitchen and I have only had one out of it. Preband I would have eaten the entire box in a day.

I to have that problem with sweets going down just fine i had some health problems in feb and they took out most of my fill so they say i should be really open but i still get stuck still have chest pain but sweets dont get suck just my luck:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches