Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I called today to get information on my Lap Band meetings. The May meetings are full...and I signed up for June. I don't mind postponing. I am losing the pre-op weight so far 3 lbs. out of 12. More is better they said. I also sent for a adult tricycle. Very cute. I have some balance problems due to my eyesight and that is safer. I also sent for a helmet. It will arrive in a few days. Also my husband had his physical and an echo cardiogram. It showed that his mitral valve has gotten worse. They have been watching it for years. It's something he was born with. He and I are seeing a heart doctor on April 30th. Meanwhile daughter's baby is due anytime in the next 3 weeks. Talk about stress. I would prefer to get him through the surgery which is the most probable scenario. Get him home and recovering then I will go for my surgery. I am dong OK with the stress. Totally NOT stress eating. I am using Glucerna shakes and bars and eating two small meals a day. So I will take off as much weight as I can before the surgery, start riding the bike daily to relieve stress. Wish me and hubby and daughter good thoughts please. We are not telling her anything about her Dad until we see the doctor. I don't want her stressed with the baby due so soon. I am determined to do this...and I will my nurse practitioner is very very supportive. She wants me to call her if I get upset or stressed out over any of this.

;)

My daughter had a beautiful healthy girl on May 16th, she was 7 lbs 12 oz. and 22 inches long.

It's now June, and I will get my date for surgery this coming week, I had to lose a total of 6 lbs. before surgery date, and 6 lbs before the surgery. Lost a total of 8 lbs. so 4 to go. I suspect sometime mid or late August.

Hubby has ho coronary artery disease which is great, so just the valve replaced. His date for surgery is July 14th.

Our septic system went kaput and now getting bids on a replacement system. Hope to have it in before hubby's surgery.

Dscn1749.jpg

Well keep on trucking everyone and good luck.

I do like the program at Lahey Clinic in Burlington, MA I completed my classes so all that's left is the pre-op visit with the surgeon and one more meeting class on what to expect.

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

That's my birthday! I'll be thinking of you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches