Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you have/ want implants do you have / will you get Silicone or Saline ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you have/ want implants do you have / will you get Silicone or Saline ?

• Silicone
    • Saline
    • Not sure yet

Personally I would run in the opposite direction from anyone offering a "special" on cosmetic surgery of any kind. Any of that pressure - book 2 surgeries get the second half price kind of crap would ring alarm bells for me.

My husband and I have already discussed this, if I loose the weight I am planning on then I'd like to have breast augmentation surgery. It seems my breast is where I always loose weight first.

I had breast cancer five, almost six years ago, and we used silicone for my reconstruction. I have been very happy with it. I am an active person and have had no problems. I would suggest using what the PS you choose prefers. :rolleyes:

I'm with Jashut on this one........

I mean if you are on a budget, perhaps consider buying cheaper toilet paper or clipping coupons for discounted dishsoap.

Earlier today I watched a program called "vanity insanity" it featured a woman who "saved" money with a "discount" PS. Turns out the guy was not even a doctor, and the "real" doc they interviewed said that she paid less for her surgery, than the docs have to pay to PURCHASE the implants. He wondered what they implanted in the poor woman. Now she has no money to pay for the extensive revisions needed. Even if she did have the money, she said that she could only find one doctor in her area (San Antonio) who even takes patients with "botched" surgeries. I know this is an extreme case, but it is an example of "you get what you pay for"

I would like a breast lift in the future, but since I am still paying for my band and my TT (and will be for a few years) I am just going to invest in some really good bras to hold the girls up.

Hi everyone,

I had saline implants placed via armpit (implants placed endoscopically through the armpit incision) in March/08 and I'm very happy with the results. No scars on my breasts anywhere, just a small scar in the armpits, you can't even see them since they're placed in a crease. I went from a deflated B to a DD, I'm 5'10". I heard from countless people that the only regret they had about their breast augmentation surgery was that they wish they would have gone bigger. So I went with the DD and I'm happy I did. I have a large frame and I'm tall, they don't look huge on me at all. They are still settling downwards almost 6 months later. I went back and forth with the silicone/saline decision, my surgeon does mostly saline, very little silicone, every surgeon seems to have their own preference for their own reasons. I love having no scars on my breasts, and the silicone implants couldn't be placed via the armpit route for obvious reasons. I feel so much more proportionate now, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck to everyone!

This is a great poll! I've had two breast reductions and still have puppy dog ear breasts, I'm so very disappointed in my last surgery, (they were 26 years apart, yes I'm old, haha). It was supposed to be a reduction and lift, but because my nipples had already been moved once, my ps was afraid to cut into the scar, WTF, he's a surgeon. I told him the morning of surgery, if you think I need implants, to give me the lift that I'm looking for, do it now, I'm pre authorizing it.

Now a year later, I have to schedule implants and still don't know which to get, which is the only reason I haven't had the surgery. Since I'm semi-retired, my hubby and I travel a lot to warm places, and every time I see firm lifted breasts, I think I'm going for the implants as soon as I get home, but I always find a reason to put it off, but I think I'll make that call today, if I only knew which one, hmmmm saline or silicone?

Oh yeah, what about size, I'm still falling out of the sides of a DD, though I am down from the H cup that I was a year ago. Do you think the implants will pull the skin up and taut?

And one more thing, I also had Lipo on the back flanks and on the sides of my breast, that has to be "touched up" too. I told my ps I wanted him to use that new sonar type lipo this time and he said it cost $400 extra just for the "special" machine, any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post.

Nana, It's nice to run into you on a thread. I always like what you have to say. I've never heard of sonar Lipo. It's not smart lipo or laser lipo is it? Why is it superior to tumescent lipo, do you know? As far as getting implants, you might recall that I went back and forth on that issue and I'm really glad that I got them. I have silicone implants and I really like them. They feel natural and look great. I got the smallest size that would fit my width and they helped with volume and lift when I had my breast lift. Are you going back to the same surgeon? Maybe you should get several opinions?! Keep in touch and let us know what you decide.

Well I get my implants on tuesday and had a lift march 08(pre band) I choose saline mostly because it's easier to detect a leak and I wasn't much on the MRI every 3 years. they are putting mine behind the muscle. I'll check back in and let you know if I like them. My question is for those who have had them is what size did you pick? I'm going with 500cc, I know it sounds large but I'm pretty broad even with the weight loss and my surgeon says I can carry them. My DH went with me and helped pick them out, I hope that wasn't a mistake. I still have 32lbs to go but my surgeon says it should be fine. I was also glad to hear I didn't need an unfill, because so many people on this board said they had to have one.

I went with Silicone, and 500cc's. They are partial unders and it put me to a D cup. I have always had bog shoulders so the size actually makes me look more in porpotion now. I am very happy with them. I had a small cresent lift when I had them placed.

Thanks, I was a little worried but that makes me feel better.

I just wanted to let you know that I have saline implants and I have been very happy with them. They are very natural looking and feeling and I have no ripples or puckering. Mine were placed under the muscle with 390 cc's and they put me in a 36 C bra. I was pretty slim at the time I got them and since then have gained all my weight. Now I am in a 42 DD. I hope like he!! they go back down after I lose this weight!!

Anyway, I chose saline because of the hassle of the MRI test every 2 years and if for some reason they did leak, I knew that my body would absorb the saline.

Well I got um, don't know what I think of them yet because they are behind the muscle and sitting up near my neck. Doc says it could take anywhere from 4 to 6wks for them to drop into the pocket she made for them, so only time will tell. she also decided to go with a 525cc with a 550cc fill. Hope there not to big, I was worried about the 500cc. but she said I needed the width. Also it hurts a lot more then the lift did. But she said it's because they're behind the muscle. Anyway I'll keep ya'll informed.

Thank You, I just hope the right one drops soon. because it looks pretty creepy almost like a top boob and a bottom boob.