Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OT: Help, my Jade plant is dying..

Awwwwwwwww Kathy. No, you at least try! I can always rescue it I think. They actually are very hardy plants. I agree with LaMadam, try a larger pot to give them some elbow room.

If all else fails, I will rescue it for you and bring it back to life. But I want to give it back so you can love it! What a lovely gift!

Don't feel bad, some people just don't have a green thumb. (although I must say that a Jade plant is fairly hard to kill). ha ha ha But you have me giggling over your frustrations. But I am laughing WITH you not at you hun! ;)

I know I will most likely laugh my head off but what does OT mean??

Ya'll all keep laughing at me, I really don't mind. My frustration is honest and my attempts to save this poor thing are from the heart, but I understand totally how funny this is! As soon as the weather warms, I'll get that booger outside and hopefully it will perk up. Think I should get a grow light? Just wondering.

Yah, OT is Off Topic, which anything in the lounge is usually off topic anyway, but my dying jade is SO band UNrelated, I added the OT. Something I picked up from other threads, thought it was clever!

I kept thinking bizarre things. OVERTIME came to mind first. Then Old Tits that one had me laughing so hard. Then On Track. Then Oops Tilted or Oops Trapped. See where my mind was going anywhere but OFF TOPIC. LOL!!

LOL...I just love ya'll! I have never had a jade plant. I do however have 7 African Violets that seem to thirve. I just wick them and they grow beautifully.

I may have to get a Jade and try my luck with it....

ROTFLMAO! I luv this sight! And Pinni, u crack me up! I was doing the same thing only I thought Odd Things and Old and Tired.

I'm sorry Kathy, but I am LMAO!! But only because I am in the same boat!! I had a green thumb until I went to nursing school. Isn't that ironic? So don't feel like the Lone Ranger, cause Tonto's right beside ya!!

Here's my jade.

post-204290-13813132882413_thumb.jpg

AAAAAAAAAACK!!! Re-pot! Re-pot! Soil poisoning! The dust and particles, dead leaves and tips that build up over time are slowly killing your plants! Please, someone save the plants!!! Plants must be maintained in cleaning up their beds. It is kinda like our beds, we should change the sheets and flip the mattress.

Okay, plan of attack..... ((breathe breathe breathe)) Buy a new pot, Take the plants out of the pot they are in, throw old pot away, crumble the soil away from the roots of the plant (gently), and place into new soil pot 1/2 filled. Then crumble new soil to the side and top loosely. Water, let sit for a day, then add a bit more soil on the top, then rewater with a little more. Not overflow. Just enought to dampen the top.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH ((runs through the house wildly with arms in the air and eyes buggin out and screamin' "someone save the plants"))