Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded on the 15th april

what is the hydrogen proxide for and what do you do with it..??

We can just call this banded april....no rules...

What is everyone living off of...... I am living off of slim fast low carb...

I am only doing ibprophine.... and I am taking a blood thiner shot each

day.... lovenal...:biggrin:

I havent even taken a bath or shower.... should we be removing the tapes from the cuts.... has anyone else done this...

My doc said not to remove the band aids until they start to fall off on their own. The longer the incisions are protected, the quicker the healing and less scarring.

To the person wanting to take a bath, I don't think it's a good idea as the incisional area for the port should still be kept as dry as possible and a bath would allow Water to seep in. Just my suggestion.

i have steri strips over my cuts and they are glued together and the glue

is pasted out into a circle... kinda like super glue....so I will probably wash around the edges....

I am on just liquids not even any Jello.... But I am looking forward to pudding next tuesday....

I will try the carnation liquid.... and see whats its like...

I am doing a good bit of walking.....

just imagine we will be 100 pounds down in a few months......:biggrin:

Hi Everyone,

I too was banded on the 15th. Overall I'm feeling very well. I only took the pain meds while I was overnight in the hospital. I have them at hand just in case though.

Anyone experiencing and troubles with crushing up their meds? I swear I have one pill that has a coating or something. I also, do not look forward to taking them all in the morning. How do you guys do it? All at once?

Hi guys... Im Emily (or lu) banded on the 15th also... it seems like we are all in such similar boats. Morgan, i think we have about the same situations. I have clear tape like Band-Aids over my incisions and I am allowed to shower. I have been on only Clear Liquids until yesterday, I called the Dr.s to complain a bit about my upset stomach... the liquid in and liquid out thing... so i was upgraded to slightly heavier Soups. YIPEEE! that was awesome. I like this thread and keeping up. I am only down 3 pounds since surgery day.. i wish it was more.. considering how little i am taking in... how bout every one else? ~

I am going to clean up a little bit and see how it goes...

I am really week on the liquids but I am going to try to stick it out..

I started at 338 and I am 315 now so maybe I can get into the 290's

by the time of mushies....

There is this stuff you can buy down south called beverlys Breakfast sausage I am going to mix that with a scrambled egg.... I am dreaming about it.... also I like the idea of a banna in the blender... and oat meal..

So I am about a week away from that....I hope I can make it...

I did not get the pain meds.... I figured save the 100 bucks....only real discomfort i have is gas.... and I would say that I have not had pain but discomfort.... on a scale of 1 to 10 i probably have not went over a 2..

I drove up to target yesterday and went walking around....I am going to try to go to the fly market today...

I am in Louisville kentucky.....:biggrin:

i was 338 when i had my last doctors visit before the band... probably

the lung or heart doc....I only preopped about 2 days... I was terrible.

With me its always easy to get down to 295 cause all that is Water...

I weigh 315 right now.... all water.... I just cleaned up and I feel human...

Although I am smelling things.... an underlying stink.... I keep thinking it is me becasue of the lack of food but i am clean, hair clean, deodrant... and I have brushed my teeth 2 or 3 times already.... Also I can really smell foods....

I am wearing a girdle the doc gave me.... :biggrin:

I was banded on the 14th and I am doing great. Aside from having oatmeal for Breakfast and it's now 6pm and I still am feeling pressure and fullness..all is well. ( I recommend not having oatmeal right away..lesson learned)

I had no band aids, no stitches as I was glued closed healing is going well. Everyday is progress. I am driving, walking and moving about with general ease today.

I have no nausea. I did have a problem with the pain meds...everyone note: main meds can equal constipation...be careful with them. I got off them after only 2 days due to that.

Well, I went out of the house today! Went to the Library and then WM to walk a bit...I was POOPED! morganfrmn, I too smelled! I think it's the insisions, now that my bandaids are off, I don't smell it anymore! My Dr's orders said to take them off at day 3...I waited until day 4! I can't believe you haven't had anything like Jello or yogurt to eat! The carnation bkft has really helped me! I just did a smoothie thing in the blender now, with real strawberries, (Only a few,) half a banana, and then french vanilla canation. it was GREAT! I am not real big on the scrambled egg....but I will do it! I am following my book I got to the letter! I am so glad that I found this site! What an inspiration to look around and see the great results!

Good for you Morgan!!!... I am smaller so my mom says the weight will come off slower. I was pretty good for the the week before surgery. I weighed 206 on surgery day. My normal weight is only around 130. I know I am smaller than some but my mom and dad have struggled and I wanted to do something to try and get a handle on this situation as soon as I could. I qualified by about 2% bmi. Since we are self pay, I didn't have to jump through too many hoops. I went out today, bought some good walking shoes, and to costco. My main discomfort is the gas pains. My shoulder and rib cage... I took the pain med, a nasal spray for the first two days and i have taken it only at night since then to get comfortable. Other than that just some liquid tylenol...gaag. lol. :-)

hiu=

just banded april 17th. very swollen and feeling uncomfortable. getting quite a bit of gas pain, i am assuming that is the sharp wave-like pain in the upper stomach/chest area, am i right? what helps for this?

my post op diet was 2 days.. So the last time I had real food was saturday night... So I have been without a bite of food for 7 days.

wow.... I have been living on 2 or 3 cans of slim fast a day... today I

had 3 cans of slim fast and I strained a cup of mushroom Soup... you can

add some beef broth to it to thin it out... evidently mushroom Soup is made from beef broth because they taste the same....

I walked about a mile today and it just wore me out.... My doc says no mushies for 2 weeks so I am going to try to stay faithful to liquids...

I went to the fleamarket....

my nose usually does not work but I am smelling things... my wife walked over to me with a salami sandwich and it stank to me....

I did not listen very well to the doctor so if you guys who are glued want to repeat the directions to me that would be great...

the thing that is freaking me out is never being able to eat a pizza again or a ribeye....:tongue_smilie:

I think you will be able to eat those eventually, just not the 20 oz ribeye and the whole pizza! And, it may have to be chewed about 25 times! I am beat from my outing, I can't imagine walking a mile just this close to after surgery! Don't over do it, so you end up feeling weak and crummy. I don't know if I will leave the house tomorrow either...eccept to go to church..maybe! My Dr.'s assistant, told me it ia all about introducing the different textures to your new "pouch". I will be ready for some cream of chicken soup...maybe tomorrow...have to see! I am off to get ready for bed..have a great evening!